Jimms Lurcher DofB 2017 Pewsey Wilts

Dogs that have found their forever home
coffeepot12

Re: Jimms Lurcher DofB 2017 Worcs Park Temp Foster

Post by coffeepot12 »

Jimms came to visit us at the weekend and he really is the gentlest of souls. As soon as he got in car he laid down on the back seat head in the lap of one of my daughters and didn’t really move until we got home.

0C63B7F7-15B4-40B3-A020-B0A1E1A78F52.jpeg

He is a very placid boy, enjoyed wandering around the garden sniffing everything with the occasional sprint. On the lead he is a dream, stays by your side, good with other dogs and interested in his surroundings. We took him to one of the local parks with a stream which he really enjoyed.

As he settled a bit more he did become more comical. He explored the house, would find a cuddly toy that took his fancy and then bring it back to his bed till there was quiet a collection.

He is a bit of a food hound and hasn’t quite learnt any table manners, jumping up to try and get things of plates though I am sure with a settled home and a bit of a training this could be resolved.

He is house trained and we left him for a couple of hours with no issue he just took himself off for a nap.

He is an absolute delight and would make a wonderful companion.

22018844-6BD2-449B-A03C-2BD3D99A3E40.jpeg

FB55C082-41AE-4482-944E-326B5DD46EFF.jpeg
A_Roth1

Re: Jimms Lurcher DofB 2017 RRemedies Centre

Post by A_Roth1 »

I met Jimms today for the first time and we had a really lovely walk. I thought he might be a bit nervous as we hadn’t met before, but no bother at all - a full body wiggle and ready to go thumbs.gif

He walked perfectly on the lead - slack leads most of the time. A really gentle friendly boy love4.gif
heleny

Post by heleny »

He is indeed - the most gentle and friendly of boys. We enjoyed another walk today and Jimms wasn't too bothered by the rain. He has the most appealing face and so it is difficult to resist giving him lots of nice high value treats which he loves.

We started off in the paddock so Jimms could stretch those long legs of his by having a run around and then we went into the woods.

We did not walk too far today as the rain did indeed become very heavy but Jimms seemed to enjoy himself. Lovely boy! bighug.gif
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

heleny

Post by heleny »

Jimms had already been for a walk with Mami yesterday but, when I saw him in the paddock at the end of the day, and he obviously wanted me to go to say hello to him, I could not resist taking him into the woods for a short stroll.

He is such a lovely boy. I think he prefers to walk with other dogs as once or twice I had to cajole him into walking a bit further as we left the kennel grounds but he did nonetheless manage to relax and have a good time.

He is a lovely, friendly boy who enjoys lots of contact and lots of treats and I shall certainly walk him again soon - unless he is snapped up of course and goes to a home where he will be loved, cosseted and kept safe in a secure garden and never let off lead unless in a secure place. Kiss of love.gif bighug.gif
StephenB

Post by StephenB »

1st time out with Jimms today. He's very friendly and does heart warming zoomies. roflmao.gif
20220918_144944.jpg
xxlynne

Re: Jimms Lurcher DofB 2017 Pewsey Wilts

Post by xxlynne »

Jacqui and Paul travelled this morning to meet a few dogs with the view of adopting one. Now Jacqui and Paul are doggie people and I unwittingly walked straight into a trap... MaggieMae was the dog of choice and as we always do, I chose Jimms to walk with her to display her dog skills. After having a great time with MaggieMae in the paddock Paul and Jacqui were walking back and asked if they could ask a question... Could we adopt Jimms as well. We about turned and Elsa got got Jimms out of his kennel again and the rest is history!
JimmsMaggieMae1.JPG
JimmsMaggieMae2.JPG
JimmsMaggieMae3.JPG
JimmsMaggieMae4.JPG
JimmsMaggieMae5.JPG
JimmsMaggieMae6.JPG
JimmsMaggieMae7.JPG
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Fabulous news...lovely looking pair of saluki lurchers wheyhey.gif
heleny

Post by heleny »

I just couldn't be happier at this lovely news. For two such friendly, affectionate, beautiful dogs to find their home together with such perfect people is just amazing. Maggiemai and Jimms were often walked together by Lynda and I and they both really wanted to play together which of course we could not allow but now they can play happily to their heart's content. Heart warming. Kiss of love.gif bighug.gif wheyhey.gif
Jacqui Cook 1

Post by Jacqui Cook 1 »

Update
Jimms and MaggieMae are settling into their new family home nicely and enjoying getting to know their new surroundings.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”