Rosie Victorian Bulldog DofB 11.21 Crawley

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Rosie Victorian Bulldog DofB 11.21 Crawley

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
trudy1DSCF8158a.jpg
Rosie's Story: Rosie and her litter mates and mother were abandoned in kennels. 5 months later we were approached as Rosie and her mother were losing their kennel place. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Rosie is now neutered, chipped, and is fully vaccinated. Rosie was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting her new family.

If interested in rehoming one of our dogs, the first step is to complete and submit our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. We do not discuss dogs without a homing questionnaire submission. You must be ready and we will only contact you if we have a suitable dog. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £200. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers in particular. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
trudy2DSCF8170a.jpg
Trudy3DSCF8172.jpg
trudy4DSCF8178.jpg
trudy5DSCF8151b.jpg
Rosie's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal an evolving picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: We were approached as Rosie and her mother Princess were losing their kennel which they were abandoned in.

Rosie came into our Rescue on the 24th May 2022
TrudyOTB.jpg
PaulB

Rosie Victorian Bulldog DofB 11.21 Gatwick Kenns

Post by PaulB »

I only popped in this afternoon to drop something off but then I heard about this young lady and couldn't not go and say hello.

I didn't need much convincing to take for a quick sniff around and stroll up the lane. Such a lovely thing!

IMG_20220525_143706.jpg

IMG_20220525_143035.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Rosie was out and about yesterday making new friends. She was delighted to meet and greet many different volunteers and enjoyed a couple of separate trips out, around the grounds and down the lane to get to know the environment. She is a real sweetheart.
trudy6DSCF8153.jpg
trudy7DSCF8157.jpg
trudy8DSCF8159.jpg
trudy9DSCF8164.jpg
trudy10DSCF8169a.jpg
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

love4.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Chrissy M

Post by Chrissy M »

What an absolute stunner ! I can’t imagine Rosie will be with us for long 💖
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

I had the absolute pleasure of walking little Rosie yesterday. She is, quite simply, adorable. She is very young and was a little nervous to begin with, in fact I ended up carrying her out past some of her more vocal neighbours!!! Rosie is still very obviously just a baby, she is learning to walk on the lead very well, and needs occasional encouragement to move forward. She is very eager to come to you for a cuddle and a fuss. She hasn't learnt how to play yet, rolling some tennis balls for her elicited no response (she has spent all her short life in boarding kennels). Like her Mum she has stunning eyes, but whereas Princess (her Mum) has really unusual light blue eyes, Rosie's are a sort of dark amber. She did enjoy sniffing new scents and found the long grass quite entertaining. I suspect she is about to become the sweetheart of the kennels for what we all hope will be a very short stay with us. She will bring such joy to whoever is lucky enough to adopt her. love4.gif I took some photos of her when we were in the paddock, but they don't really show how beautiful she is, Anne's are much better xx

4ED60FDC-BAA5-4E09-80F7-5941239481D2_4_5005_c.jpeg

F521AE60-0380-4E7B-9E46-2B62A75AEBE6_1_201_a.jpeg

4F25F202-8BF0-4841-90C9-4650FECB868F_1_201_a.jpeg

03A65CA8-370C-4FC9-9A75-416561CDD3AC_1_201_a.jpeg
coffeepot12

Rosie Victorian Bulldog DofB 11.21 Worcester Park Weekend Foster

Post by coffeepot12 »

We had a very special houseguest this weekend, the utterly delightful Rosie. She really has stolen our hearts.
A41E081B-A8B4-4A83-83CA-014302537067.jpeg
Rosie travelled well in the car, lying down on the seat and staying there till we got home. She is an affectionate little soul and loves lots of cuddles, she jumped straight up on the sofa and nuzzled in with girls.

She had a couple of little accidents the first night but we took her out in the garden regularly and she soon got in to a routine so I am sure would pick this up easily in her new home. She was also very receptive to sitting for treats and took them gently. If you have a plate of dinner and are sitting down though expect her to try and eat it, we didn’t quite manage to refine table manners in the couple of days 🤣

Rosie walks well on the lead and is a little nervous, she likes to stay close and know you are there. She enjoys being out and it was a joy to see her sniffing everything and being excited with her surroundings.

She took a shine to a couple of toys, an alligator, and some keys that were good to chew. She was just getting in to throwing and bringing them back and enjoying playing which was lovely.

D5865731-3576-4C5A-85F5-B8B0F034C1B4.jpeg
She had a couple of moments of pure puppy exuberance, charging round the garden, round the house and back out again.

DAA0330B-8B1C-4359-90FD-D7D28C8FA18F.jpeg
Rosie is a lovely girl who will make a lucky person or family a wonderful companion, it was very difficult to bring her back as she settled in so well in just a couple of days. Hopefully we will get the opportunity to spend some more time with her, but I suspect she will be snapped up very soon xx
Chrissy M

Post by Chrissy M »

Lovely update on Rosie's foster weekend, I think we are all , in LOVE ! 💖 what a smasher .
coffeepot12

Rosie Victorian Bulldog DofB 11.21 Worcs. Park Temp Foster

Post by coffeepot12 »

With the long weekend ahead we couldn’t resist the opportunity to spend some more time with Rosie. She was very excited to see me when I picked her up from the kennels and as before was a great travel companion. She settles well in the car and is fine on journeys.

She quickly settled in to a routine, and had a good walk a couple of times a day. She is growing in confidence, still a little nervous walking along the road with the loud traffic but keen to get out and explore new sights and sounds. She has been very good with other dogs, meeting them well and then moving on once they have all had a good sniff.

She isn’t quite fully housetrained but am sure would pick it up quickly once settled. She took a real shine to my daughters new teepee and made it her own during the weekend, retreating there for a sleep, playing with toys or eating a treat 😊

62DB743C-DD7B-4E1A-8C20-89418B9F6422.jpeg
She still has the puppy behaviours of being interested in everything and chewing what she can, so do keep anything precious out of the way. The longest she was left was around 1 1/2 hours and she made light work of a flip flop but that was the only casualty 🤣. Apart from that she slept until we returned.

BD9CFD25-0BB0-48B8-897D-9F990AAE1652.jpeg
Rosie continues to be an absolute delight, friendly, cuddly and full of joy. She loves people and enjoys nothing more than a belly rub and someone to play with. We are so pleased to see the home check process has started. Fingers crossed your new home is just around the corner, whoever gets Rosie will be very lucky.

5D4CD039-984F-41A6-87B9-1EEBD4EC657B.jpeg
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

I met and walked Rosie today, she really is a beautiful and lovely natured puppy. We had a group walk and Rosie was very friendly with all the other dogs, just wanting to play. She walked Very well on the lead and I got the feeling she will be a pleasure to train, as her basic skills are already there and she was very responsive to me and willing to please.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”