Missy Crossbreed DofB 1.9.11 Bishops Itchington

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Missy Crossbreed DofB 1.9.11 Bishops Itchington

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
missyDSCF7950a.jpg
Missy's Story: Missy was living with young children and a baby. One of the partners felt they didn't have time for her and she ended up in boarding kennels for a break when baby came, and then a few months later back into kennels requesting she go into Rescue. Missy was fine with the children. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Missy is neutered, chipped, and vaccinations are in progress. Missy is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting her new family.

If interested in rehoming one of our dogs, the first step is to complete and submit our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. We do not discuss dogs without a homing questionnaire submission. You must be ready and we will only contact you if we have a suitable dog. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £200. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers in particular. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
missy1DSCF7936.jpg
missy2DSCF7944a.jpg
missy3DSCF7954.jpg
missy4DSCF7957.jpg
missy5DSCF7932.jpg
Missy's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal an evolving picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: We were asked to help Missy in January and have finally found a kennel to accommodate her.

Missy came into our Rescue the 18th May 2022
anne

Re: Missy Crossbreed DofB 1.9.11 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Missy is a quiet, friendly, easy going girl. She is adorable and it took all of two seconds for me to fall in love with her. She was a little nervous when I went to get her ready for a walk yesterday, but gentle handling and reassurance soon quelled her nerves and she was really delighted to be going out for a walk. Her first stop was to munch on grass and clovers, clever girl to know what she needs. She then walked beautifully on the lead, happy to take direction and just happy to be out exploring. She stopped several times to have a lovely roll around in the long grass and enjoy any cuddles and affection offered. love4.gif
missy6DSCF7919.jpg
missy7DSCF7956.jpg
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Oh bless her how sad.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Fred R

Post by Fred R »

Any updates on regal and gorgeous-looking Ms Missy? love4.gif
anne

Post by anne »

The more time I spend with Missy, the more wonderful she proves to be. Still a little nervous in her kennel but once out, she perks up and fully engages in her walk. Yesterday she started slowly, taking her time, sniffing and investigating her surroundings. The longer we walked the more excited and energetic she became. It was delightful to see her so happy, doing little joyful bounces. She stopped frequently on the common to enjoy a roll in the long grass. After our walk, I took Missy to the paddock. Initially she just enjoyed mooching around but then she started full on zoomies, enjoying the freedom to run. I think she over did it a little though as she seemed uncomfortable on her back leg afterwards and just came over for cuddles and rest time. I love this girl.
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

I met the lovely Missy today, and what a lovely girl she is. I do hate to see an oldie in kennels, and although she looks old in the face, her walking pace certainly suggests she's still got plenty of fun left in her. We went out with a group of dogs and Missy wasn't bothered by any of them at all, and seems quite happy in doggy company.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Fred R

Post by Fred R »

Love her face. A walking stick and a dog not such a good idea, and it’s unlikely I could keep up with “her walking pace”. Fingers crossed beautiful Missy finds her forever home soon. Kiss of love.gif
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

missy out for a group walk with teresa today
IMG_7375.JPG
IMG_7377.JPG
IMG_7422.JPG
Fred R

Post by Fred R »

The penny has finally dropped! I thought Missy reminded me of someone. Indeed, remembrances of the much missed Poppy (Penny) are flooding back. love4.gif
Annette9

Post by Annette9 »

I had the pleasure of walking Missy today. What a gentle soul she is. She was very calm and let me clip the leads on and off we went. After our walk we had some cuddle time, her coat is very soft and those floppy ears are just adorable. Sweet, delightful girl Kiss of love.gif

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”