Timmy Shih Tzu DofB 6.8.16 Dormansland

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Timmy Shih Tzu DofB 6.8.16 Dormansland

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
timmy3DSCF8061.jpg
Timmy's Story: Timmy was found abandoned and unclaimed within an East Midlands council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Timmy is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Timmy was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If interested in rehoming one of our dogs, the first step is to complete and submit our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. We do not discuss dogs without a homing questionnaire submission. You must be ready and we will only contact you if we have a suitable dog. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £200. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers in particular. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
timmy2DSCF8058.jpg
timmy4DSCF8063.jpg
timmyDSCF8048a.jpg
Timmy's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal an evolving picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: We were asked to help rehome Timmy by his ex-owner

Timmy came on to our books on the 14th May and came into our Rescue on the 17th May when we neutered and began his vaccination process
Froggie757

Re: Timmy Shih Tzu DofB Gatwick Kenns

Post by Froggie757 »

He looks super stunning! love4.gif
xxlynne

Re: Timmy Shih Tzu DofB 6.8.16 Bosham

Post by xxlynne »

Beauty boy on his first walk on arrival after neuter...

IMG_8154.JPG
IMG_8155.JPG
IMG_8158.JPG
xxlynne

Re: Timmy Shih Tzu DofB 6.8.16 Bosham

Post by xxlynne »

Simon and Rob came today to meet Timmy... it was a wonderful meeting to behold... it translated very naturally into a homing!
IMG_8162.JPG
IMG_8161.JPG
Here is a lovely picture when were we drinking coffee in the paddock
IMG_8160.JPG
xxlynne

Re: Timmy Shih Tzu DofB 6.8.16 Chichester W Sussex

Post by xxlynne »

Timmy has settled very well in his home...however he can run at people who he feels a little wary of, a lot of which is bluster perhaps touching trousers, careful intros help greatly. He doesn't like too touchy feely, only on his terms: Timmy is definitely an "on his terms" dog. Timmy can form affectionate bonds but is not a dog who copes with reprimand or intrusive handling. Timmy likes the love to flow but with a little reserve. You can get the measure of him but you can't expect you can relax and pretend he is the dog you want him to be; he is naturally reserved. Over-fuss and Timmy will snap and remind you 'that's not the kind of dog I am'.

Timmy is now looking for a new family without children and a quiet life style. Great around meeting other dogs.
heleny

Re: Timmy Shih Tzu DofB 6.8.16 RRemedies Centre

Post by heleny »

I took Timmy out today after the torrential rain and he was so ready to stretch those little legs. What an amazing little character! He really didn't know me but that didn't stop his little tail wagging and his keenness to go out into the big wide world. We went for quite a long walk and Timmy kept up a good pace throughout. Once or twice we stopped for treats which he loved and he had a few more when we got back to his pen. Great little dog. love4.gif
Karen25

Post by Karen25 »

I have had the pleasure of walking Timmy for the past two days. He was less keen to walk far but more keen on just sitting on my lap, watching the world go by. Everyone passing stopped and said hello, which he tolerated and appeared to enjoy. He currently has sticky eyes, which he happily let me bath for him. He greats you with a wagging tail and his beautiful smile.
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

timmy out with kim on sunday
IMG_8188.JPG
IMG_8180.JPG
LyndaM

Post by LyndaM »

I got the pleasure of walking little Timmy the other day and he was delightful; we went for a long walk round the woods, and he really was enchanting. He enjoyed a few head strokes and had the softest fur. I look forward to taking him out again.
I think he looks like his laughing in this picture.
20220902_131327.jpg
Super cute love4.gif
20220902_131249 (1).jpg
I hope he finds his forever home soon
Charlie

Re: Timmy Shih Tzu DofB 6.8.16 Dormansland W/E foster

Post by Charlie »

2E775CA2-F854-474D-9D5D-D2F05EDBAE34.jpeg
Timmy has come to stay for a couple of days...
6553C9EF-E0AB-475E-BB89-5D40C83DEDDA.jpeg
So far he has been an absolute pleasure, his dog skills are great and he loves his walks
0185DE6F-19FD-4F51-A149-33E8B4C89616.jpeg
Can't help but smile at his jolly enthusiasm
73E1AEBA-EAF8-465C-9F5E-581FEB0EE603.jpeg
Looking forward to getting to know him better...

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”