Kiyomi Akita DofB 9.6.18 Broadbridge Heath W Sussex

Dogs that have found their forever home
Anna_and_Niall

Re: Kiyomi Akita DofB 9.6.18 Crawley Temp Foster

Post by Anna_and_Niall »

💜💤
Kiyomi slept like a dream- a perfect houseguest.

We had a lovely evening stroll- she was bouncy to start with as it was all new and exciting but settled very well and takes direction easily. We saw a few cats and she was interested but not aggressive in any way. Then back home for roast chicken and rice.

She loves to be near you, when I was taking a shower she sat politely in the next room so she knew I was near, but was ever so quiet and content just waiting for me.

Kiyomi is just happy, she snuggled on the sofa and if she was hot just hopped down onto the rug, snoring and having little dreams.

As I said, she was perfect overnight. Slept right through and only woke to check I was there then happily fell back to sleep (preferring to lie next to the bed than in the comfy bed a few feet away!). She really does love affection.

I woke her early to take a toilet break- although she was very happy to go on sleeping. We watched the sun come up in the garden and she had a little groom (which she loves) watching the birds on the decking. Then after breakfast she snuggled back into bed, ahead of her day out.
More to come in Kiyomi’s tales….

(I cannot stress enough what a friendly, loving girl she is. Just a lovely companion and friend)
🐾

A good night’s rest
A good night’s rest

Sofa buddy
Sofa buddy

Little evening adventures
Little evening adventures

Big friendly bear
Big friendly bear

Super chilled
Super chilled
Anna_and_Niall

Post by Anna_and_Niall »

Incoming Kiyomi spam…

I’ve just dropped off Kiyomi and she really was a pleasure. She was a brilliant house guest, so clean and polite, loves to be near you but is content watching you as you get on - safe in the knowledge you’re nearby, she loves to be loved and loves to visit new places. All round, an angel.

We visited Leonardslee Gardens today and she had such fun. She was interested in the ducks but did not bark (I think this is easily distracted), same with other dogs, she barked out of habit but no aggression, with time she just lay down on a picnic bench and got used to other dogs nearby. It was more curiosity than anything.

Kiyomi really does draw a crowd, people were queuing to come and see her. She was very good and loved the attention. Very polite always.

We had a steak dinner and then she dozed for a few hours, with little contented snores.

All in all, a real sweetie, totally lovable and wants to please.
I loved our stay-over more than her and can’t wait for her to find a perfect family to call her own. She really deserves it x 💜

Just relaxing in the house (choosing to ignore the beds dotted around!)
Just relaxing in the house (choosing to ignore the beds dotted around!)

Relaxing by a picnic bench - enjoying her day
Relaxing by a picnic bench - enjoying her day

I think this photo captures Kiyomi perfectly- such a happy girl x
I think this photo captures Kiyomi perfectly- such a happy girl x
Anna_and_Niall

Post by Anna_and_Niall »

Sunday Funday- the sun is shining so Kiyomi had a little day out today.

I’ll add a few photos - such a good girl on our walk around West Hoathly. Kiyomi rather elegantly had my partner lift her with a sneaky cuddle over each stile. Another long groom in the garden, quick snooze before a chicken lunch (absolutely no vegetables, every single little piece was left 😂), and now relaxing in front of the Grand Prix.

This girl has impeccable manners, with eating, toys and life. She’ll make her new family (hopefully soon) the best companion and buddy 💜 🤞

Sweet girl
Sweet girl

Cuddles and carries over the stiles
Cuddles and carries over the stiles
Anna_and_Niall

Post by Anna_and_Niall »

Kiyomi has been an Angel today, helping me gently with the gardening, a short evening stroll and then a movie.

She was very good with a neighbours dog barking and squeaking a toy this afternoon- she didn’t pay any attention. On walks Kiyomi can be bouncy if she sees another dog, nothing aggressive and takes direction easily. She just loves to lean against your leg to know she’s safe. Kiyomi certainly walks with a purpose and loves to run with you on the lead.
Lovely girl.

Now off to bed, she’s already snoring…!

Such a relaxed girl around the house
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

And a potential trip hazard, I would suggest! 😆
Anna_and_Niall

Post by Anna_and_Niall »

😂 She’s tucked under my feet today as I work. She’s surprising compact when she curls up!
Anna_and_Niall

Re: Kiyomi Akita DofB 9.6.18 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Anna_and_Niall »

Kiyomi update before we drop her back…

She really is exemplary, the perfect guest (and someone’s forever dog). Kiyomi was brave enough to jump up for big cuddles on the sofa last night, I think she is just too polite to assume she’s allowed!

She watches squirrels from the window but never barks, she has also been dozing in the garden enjoying watching the world go by. Kiyomi loves a daily groom and pamper, her coat is very manageable with a quick brush each day. She loves to be loved and looked after, and looks longingly at you as you wash her face.

We’ve also progressed to Kiyomi initiating play with us- again every so politely, she does a little jump but even with a toy she’s too gentle to really hold it in her mouth. (She can be a goofball when she’s relaxed!).

She’s not a big puller on the lead, she walks quickly but if you let her know you don’t want her to march ahead she listens and takes comfort by having you near in new situations. With other dogs we wait and let them pass and she’s learnt not to bark at them. just take a look. (She is very easy to teach).

A real heartbreaker- let’s hope her forever home is out there soon. She’s brilliant
(And the perfect foster for anyone with a few nights spare to cuddle this big bear in between!) x 💜🐾

Such a pretty girl x
Such a pretty girl x

Lunchtime strolls - she loves the woods and fields
Lunchtime strolls - she loves the woods and fields

A morning doze after breakfast
A morning doze after breakfast
LouG1

Post by LouG1 »

Oh Anna it’s so so lovely to see these updates on how amazing Kiyomi is - she is a real heart stealer and hopefully her special someone will be along soon to get a fabulous addition to their home! love4.gif
Anna_and_Niall

Post by Anna_and_Niall »

Oh she really is isn’t she?! 💜
Such a beauty and deserving of a loving new family/ person x
Anna_and_Niall

Post by Anna_and_Niall »

Kiyomi has been spending a few days with us over the heat wave. As always she is a joy and we find people stop to stare at her wherever we go.

A dawn walk to the park while it was still cool. Look how beautiful she is!
A dawn walk to the park while it was still cool. Look how beautiful she is!

She’s constantly clean, mild mannered and relaxed. Although we have discovered corn fields make her very excited (just bouncy, she does little jumps like a kangaroo!). She must have grown up in the country 🌽.

Kiyomi really wants to be loved- she is content being near you, and doesn’t ask for much, just reassurance she has someone loving her and being her companion. Whomever finds their Kiyomi Bear will experience the most incredible loyalty - she follows me around constantly and is so incredibly happy each morning (or even when she wakes up from a doze) to see you there.

A love bug who deserves a human to love her. She is the sweetest girl x 💜

Kiyomi Bear
Kiyomi Bear

A little cheese treat at the cafe- after seeing her adoring fans
A little cheese treat at the cafe- after seeing her adoring fans

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”