Quinn Cane Corsa DofB TBAss Gatwick Kenns

xxlynne

Quinn Cane Corsa DofB TBAss Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Available
quinn1aDSCF7350a.jpg
Quinn's Story: Quinn has had a difficult past. His ears were cut off at birth which is the trade mark of dogs bred for fighting. He however is a very passive dog so obviously failed their criteria! He has had a broken jaw at some point and it has reunited without surgical intervention which means his jaw is askew so needs wider food bowl. Rescue Remedies offered a Quinn Rescue a place saving his life. Quinn is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Quinn is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If interested in rehoming one of our dogs, the first step is to complete and submit our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. We do not discuss dogs without a homing questionnaire submission. You must be ready and we are only be able to contact you if we have a suitable dog. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £200. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers in particular. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
quinn2DSCF7322.jpg
quinn3DSCF7326.jpg
quinn4DSCF7331.jpg
quinn5DSCF7340.jpg
quinn6DSCF7350.jpg
quinn7DSCF7364.jpg
quinn8DSCF7379.jpg
quinn10DSCF7343.jpg
Quinn's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal an evolving picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Quinn waited for a kennel space from us. We are pleased to say we have taken the gentle giant in on the 22nd February 2022
EmmaNicole

Re: Quinn Cane Corsa DofB TBAss Gatwick Kenns

Post by EmmaNicole »

Jude and I had the pleasure of meeting Quinn on Wednesday and fitting him with his harness and collar so he was ready for the walking he's going to be getting. positivo1.gif. The first thing you notice about Quinn is how utterly adorable he is as we got such a lovely friendly welcome in his kennel. The second thing is what an awful start to life this gentle giant has clearly had as this is obvious from the cropped ears, docked tail and callouses on his elbows from sleeping on hard floors. This boy has clearly not received much kindness to date but despite this he is still wonderfully trusting of humans and loves affection which I know is something Quinn will now receive in abundance from the staff and walkers at the kennels. And despite previous "humans" best efforts Quinn is still a super handsome fellow love4.gif.

Quinn was super good whilst we fitted and adjusted his new collar and harness which was a bit of a mission as he's a big lump so we had to find the right size roflmao.gif. Eventually though we were ready for the off and had a lovely little potter around the grounds. At present Quinn is reluctant to go far from the safety of his kennel but I'm sure as he settles and realises how much fun he can have going for a walk and running in the paddock it won't be long before he's heading out with excitement. For his size Quinn was also super good on lead and walked nicely.

I look forward to getting to know this beautiful boy more whilst he is waiting for his forever home Kiss of love.gif
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

So Emma beat me to it! Quinn is just one of those dogs, he is outstanding thumbs.gif and he has already left an everlasting memory in my mind of our first meeting, I will almost certainly never forget sitting in Quinn's kennel, big old slobbery chops resting on my lap, enjoying every second of love ❤️ Quinn has almost certainly had a hard life, but he is absolutely open to making friends love4.gif
Today I caught up with Quinn again, sadly he really wasn’t happy to go too far and we eventually returned to his safe place, his kennel and enjoyed some lovely cuddles love4.gif
Onwards and upwards darling boy, the best thing I learnt today, Quinn can be really rather cheeky in his kennel, he does the most glorious play bows and there’s definitely a playful boy longing to come out, he also does the cutest look and then encourages you to interact, its so lovely and I'm so excited to get to know this wonderful boy Kiss of love.gif
anne

Post by anne »

Quinn is a magnificent, friendly hulk of a dog. His demeanor is friendly and accepting. He LOVES a cuddle.
Poor boy has just had eye surgery to make him more comfortable and is not looking his best, but already healing and improving with all the TLC and kindness he is getting from staff and volunteers BUT I had to show you his photos because it shows his character and inherent softness. Some dogs carry a sadness in their eyes from a difficult past but not Quinn. He is most definitely looking forward, not backwards.
quinn1DSCF7144a.jpg
quinn2DSCF7146.jpg
quinn3DSCF7148.jpg
quinn4DSCF7150.jpg
quinn5DSCF7155.jpg
quinn6DSCF7157.jpg
quinn7DSCF7162.jpg
quinn8DSCF7166.jpg
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

Quinn is an absolute heart ❤️ stealer.
So I'm going to admit to shedding a tear for this beautiful boy when I first met him, we were cuddled up in his kennel and I literally couldn't believe how kind and loving he is love4.gif honestly I reckon Quinn gets it, he has no grudges, he just wants what any one of our dogs want a warm and loving home, to be love and adored Kiss of love.gif
Anne's photos have captured this gentle giants true nature Kiss of love.gif
Quinn has perfected the look, he is humble, loving and just so deserving and the greatest thing moving forward, you will never be able to resist those slobbery chops Kiss of love.gif
I think many of us have already fallen in love with the amazing Quinn Kiss of love.gif
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

I had the pleasure of spending time with Quinny on Saturday and we had so much fun. love4.gif Quinn is staring to find his feet and for the first time on Saturday he was keen to head out of his kennel to the paddock where he proceeded to have a good old sniff about rather than just standing by the gate bravo1.gif. After a good old inspection of the perimeter it was cuddle time as Quinn adores cuddles and we interspersed these with a good old game of chase the rubber bone which Quinn bounded after with gusto and then had a little play of shake it about spraying drool in the process roflmao.gif before bringing it back and dropping it for me to throw again positivo1.gif. Another first for Quinn was on the way back to his kennel which he usually runs towards and darts back in but for the first time he took his time and also had a good old sniff bout outside his run before eventually heading in.

It is wonderful watching this truly gentle boy start to find his feet and trust people as it is obvious that in his past people have been cruel to this beautiful soul blu1.gif but despite this Quinn doesn’t hold a grudge towards us humans and hopefully it won’t be long before he’s wooing his forever humans that he’s the dog for them. :crossfingers.gif:
Chrissy M

Post by Chrissy M »

Met the lovely Quinn being taken for a stroll recently and what a gorgeous boy he is , he was so friendly and happy to be out and about , let’s hope he finds a loving home soon ⭐️💖💕
DB7B7B08-4A53-4500-8E4A-D24D4C19BE83.jpeg
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

Lovely to see Quinn enjoying a stroll out thumbs.gif
So Quinn is gaining in confidence and he's becoming quite the cheeky monkey woo.gif]
Emma and I took him to the paddock yesterday, whereupon he decided that playing ball was the best thing ever and he got rather excited jumping up, but instantly all 4 paws go down when asked and then he gives you that fabulous look, just willing you to engage in some more more fun woo.gif]
Not only is Quinn full of fun he is also so full of love, as soon as you crouch down he will come in for cuddles, he is a big dog, but he's very cute and absolutely adores being next to you, he leans in to get as close as possible love4.gif the biggest of gentle giants Kiss of love.gif
Our lovely Phillip was in the neighbouring paddock and Quinn instantly decided that they could be friends and they were nose to nose saying hello, such lovely vibes from both dogs thumbs.gif I wish I'd got a picture.
What says it all about Quinn for me, he stood for ages while Emma gently cleaned his eyes, just happily standing whilst I cuddled him, being told what a good boy he is and oh what an amazing boy he is love4.gif there aren't many dogs who would be as patient as this beautiful boy and not one single grumble have I heard from him.
It is an absolute pleasure getting to know Quinn and I'm looking forward to enjoying a walk or two very soon love4.gif
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

I had the pleasure of Quinn’s company again today and he continues to melt my heart. We started in the paddock for a play and so that I could clean his eyes and again he was such a good boy during this process and just stood there letting me give them a thorough cleaning and inspection. After a nice game of chase the ball and lots of snuggly cuddles we headed out of the paddock and went for a lovely stroll round some of the site. wheyhey.gif Quinn is still getting used to the big wide world and after a while when he lost sight of where his kennel was he decided this being out and about was getting a bit scary and so we headed back towards home where we had one last big cuddle and said our farewells.

This loving lump is a real heart stealer and has totally stolen mine love4.gif. Hopefully it won’t be long before he’s stealing his forever humans heart too :crossfingers.gif: Kiss of love.gif
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

Quinn and I spent some more quality time together yesterday and as usual he was great company. We started in the paddock and were joined by Lynne so that we could remove the stitches from his eye surgery. As I’ve come to expect from Quinn he was a true star throughout and stood patiently just lapping up the cuddles and fuss. :goodjob.gif: Once the stitches were out it was time for a good clean of his eyes with his special wipes and once all this was complete we could finally see what a truely handsome boy Quinn is love4.gif We had a bit of play in paddock with Quinn having a good old run around after a ball, he’s a little hit and miss on the returning of it but he’s learning and when he does bring it back looks so proud of himself that he got it right bravo1.gif. After the paddock we went for little stroll around the grounds. Quinn is still finding his feet re. the outside world but he’s growing in confidence with each outing. Quinn is a big lump but you wouldn’t know it when walking as he’s super chilled and just plods along beside you on nice slack leads.

Quinn is just one big lump of love who has the hugest heart and just wants someone who will treat him kindly and shower him with as much affection as they can, like he will do to you. So all you big dog lovers out there get those applications in as Quinn is ready and hoping to steal your heart (and sofa) bighug.gif Kiss of love.gif