Toby Patterdale DoB 30.01.13 RRemedies Centre

Terriers that are available for adoption
xxlynne

Toby Patterdale DoB 30.01.13 RRemedies Centre

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Available
toby1DSCF7038a.jpg
Toby's Story: Toby was owned by a single person. He is a tenacious Patterdale; his owner is fiancé to a person with a 3 year old and Toby can't be trusted around children. He is also being left for long periods. Needs a stoic terrier family who know how to engage and work with a terrier who is head-strong. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Toby is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Toby came in to boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If interested in rehoming one of our dogs, the first step is to complete and submit our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. We do not discuss dogs without a homing questionnaire submission. You must be ready and we will only contact you if we have a suitable dog. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum Adoption Donation is £250 (£400 for pup under 1 yr old). This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers in particular. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
toby2DSCF7029a.jpg
toby3DSCF7033.jpg
toby4DSCF7043.jpg
Toby's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal an evolving picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Toby is a head strong Patterdale who doesn't like quick handling, or too much 'control and correction'. Typical Pattie he has to be persuaded it's his idea and you present him with something he would much prefer via substitution. Can be reactive to dogs when out on his walks, but settles with dogs he knows and are leaded

Toby comes on the 22nd February 22
TobyPT4.JPG
TobyPT.JPG
TobyPT1.JPG
TobyPT2.JPG
anne

Re: Toby Patterdale DoB 30.01.13 Comes Tuesday 22nd Febuary

Post by anne »

toby5DSCF7034.jpg
toby6DSCF7036.jpg
Sarahk

Re: Toby Patterdale DoB 30.01.13 Comes Tuesday 22nd Febuary

Post by Sarahk »

Wow love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif

I had the pleasure of walking Toby on Friday and what a gorgeous patti boy he is. Immediately friends in his kennel and a lovely walk. First up we went around the woodland walk and Toby posed with the daffodils and on the log. Then we ventured out through the woods, we had one small barking moment as one of our other dogs came towards us but we easily diverted and off we went in a different direction love4.gif

Toby has the sweetest little ‘sit’ the moment a treat appears his bum was on the floor and he took them very gently xxx
1DC731CC-4ABF-498B-8A71-C2F8D8E9C50A.jpeg
C9C6D359-9B47-4BDC-867B-5B1244C82190.jpeg
9FFCE59C-A165-4C24-AE78-447F48B6DE73.jpeg
DE111B37-240A-457C-83D9-BB7ECEDDFD72.jpeg
30112D9C-330C-42C3-B0CF-05F316AD1C40.jpeg
What an absolute sweetheart Kiss of love.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
LyndaM

Re: Toby Patterdale DoB 30.01.13 Gatwick Kenns

Post by LyndaM »

I have taken Toby out twice now and he has been a complete star each time. He welcomed me into his kennel and allowed me to slip my leads on with no issues, he did bark at the other dogs as we left the kennels but I am sure this was a ' look at me I am going for a walk'. Both times on our walk he has behaved brilliantly a slight bark at one very large dog but he was easily distracted. He takes treats beautifully and loves a head rub. He would make a lovely friend to whoever is lucky enough to give this little guy a home.
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Got to walk cutey pie Toby again today thumbs.gif

We took an amble up and down the lane to save his little legs from the mega mud !
He was happy to walk with Kami, a nice calm boy, at a safe distance :D
147771AD-2DB7-40F5-A83A-D038C77F1498.jpeg
Nice time had by all xxx
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

what a star little pattie toby is - he loves a bit of quiet time with his walker away from the kennel noises and after walking him the last couple of weeks he is becoming a firm favourite with me - yes he is a bit dog reactive so we plan to try him on a 4 way social walk this sunday and hopefully he will settle with the other terriers - toby is a v people friendly pattie
IMG_6528.JPG
LyndaM

Post by LyndaM »

I walk Toby twice a week and really look forward to my outings with him. He now welcomes me like a good friend and I likewise. He sometimes barks at other dogs but this is easy to manage and not aggressive at all. He really is a lovely boy. Last week the day was sunny and so we went to the river for a paddle which he loved. I hope he finds his forever home soon he would make a great addition. Until then I will continue to walk him and enjoy his company and friendship..
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Cutie pie Toby met walker Charlie today and off they set towards the woods - I had Rocco another Patti with me and Toby had a few words to say to us initially but soon the 2 boys settled into a nice walk :D
FB249702-743C-45D7-A257-9CF2874867F5.jpeg
46994402-F45A-43AB-B609-EE40768925DC.jpeg
heleny

Post by heleny »

Unusually for me I went to the kennels yesterday afternoon to walk a few of their amazing dogs. One of those amazing dogs was Toby. It was the first time I had walked him as usually his best mate Lynda walks him and so it was a bit of a treat! woo.gif]

He really is a dear little fella and those cute looks of his that you can see in previous photos do not belie his equally lovely nature. I must be honest and say that getting him out of his area can be a bit of a trial if there are dogs around as little Toby has got a bit dog reactive during his stay at RR but, once out, he is a dream to walk. He trots by your side and just loves the sniffs and sounds of the woods. We were in fact quite familiar with each other as I usually walk another patterdale when Lynda walks Toby and it is interesting when that happens, after the first few minutes, both dogs settle down and there is no reactivity at all. Toby is very much at ease in that dog's company. woo.gif]

The greeting he gave me when I entered his pen was tremendous - all in all, a lovely walk - thank you Toby. woo.gif]
Mon&Chris

Post by Mon&Chris »

We walked Toby for the first time today. Claire kindly got him out of the kennel for us and he knew straight away we were his friends. He was eager to get going. He walked really well on the lead, calmly pottering along and sniffing around. He was a bit nervous when we went past other dogs, but he was easily distracted and continued walking. Toby has the cutest cheekiest smile!

Return to “Our Terrific Terriers”