Winston Staffiex DofB 2013 Gatwick Kenns

xxlynne

Winston Staffiex DofB 2013 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Available
winston1DSCF6677a.jpg
RW4DSCF7078.jpg
Winston's Story: Winston and Roxy lost their home after a fight with a resident dog. They have lived in a flat with 2 other dogs all their lives. Winston is 8 years old. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Winston is neutered, chipped, and vaccinations are in progress. Winston is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If interested in rehoming one of our dogs, the first step is to complete and submit our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. We do not discuss dogs without a homing questionnaire submission. You must be ready and we are only be able to contact you if we have a suitable dog. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £200. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers in particular. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
winston2DSCF6632.jpg
winston3DSCF6637.jpg
winston4DSCF6653.jpg
rw3DSCF6651a.jpg
Winston's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal an evolving picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: We were asked to take in Winston and his friend Roxy as an emergency to save them being put to sleep tomorrow

Winston and Roxy came into our Rescue on the 29th December 2021
Last edited by Rescue Remedies_3 on Fri 11 Feb 2022 13:37, edited 1 time in total.
RosC

Re: Winston Staffiex DofB 2013 Gatwick Kenns

Post by RosC »

Me and Katie walked Winston and Roxy on Saturday. They are a lovely pair and walk very nicely once out although no hanging around!
Didn't realise no photos yet or I would have taken some but Winston was the smaller of the 2 and very friendly. Can't wait to meet them again thumbs.gif
anne

Post by anne »

Winston and Roxy were enjoying some paddock time yesterday so I decided to join them so I could get to know them a little better. Roxy was the first to greet me, rather exuberantly. Winston hung back and waited his turn and was much calmer greeting me, happy to have some strokes and attention. They were both happy to interact with me or go off and explore on their own. Winston seems to be the one to instigate play and while their play can appear rather rough, it was all good natured and very typical staffie play.
rw1DSCF6640.jpg
rw2DSCF6645.jpg
rw4DSCF6679.jpg
rw5DSCF6673.jpg
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Roxy was at the vets today so handsome Winston kept lookout from his kennel waiting for his girlfriend to come back, soooooo sweet love4.gif

I went to say hi and got the most lovely calm gentle welcome and kisses too, this boy melted my heart in a moment love4.gif
We went for a short walk but he didn’t want to go far as he was waiting for his girl, that melted my heart just a little bit more love4.gif

Yes I’m hook line and sinker for this boy on our first meeting love4.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Walked the lovely Winston with Roxy today, Winston is an absolute babe and does he Love his Roxy love4.gif
Winston on the left, Roxy on the right ❤️
Winston on the left, Roxy on the right ❤️
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
anne

Post by anne »

winston1DSCF7053a.jpg
RW1DSCF7065.jpg
RW2DSCF7073a.jpg
RW3DSCF7076.jpg
RW5DSCF7079.jpg
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

I've had the pleasure of walking Winston the last few Wednesday's whilst my fellow walker Jude take beautiful Roxy and what fun we have walking this dynamic and gorgeous pair.

Winston is the smaller and calmer of the 2 and after a brief period of exuberance and pulling on lead soon settles and walks well on lead. I truly believe though that once in a home environment this brief period of pulling would disappear as much of it I think is due to the inevitable stress of a kennel environment. Winston and Roxy are also super connected with each other and regularly check in on each other nuzzling and nudging each other along the way. Their love for each other is very obvious and so wonderful to watch. Winston is very calm with passing dogs and people and happily just keeps on going with no more than a passing glance positivo1.gif.

This pair are truly lovely and I hope there is a family out there with big hearts and a big sofa so this pair can stay together. In return I know they will bring much joy and laughter to any house with their fun loving nature and comical ways. I'm keeping my :crossfingers.gif: that their forever home is just around the corner as both of them are very keen to have a sofa to call their own again Kiss of love.gif
anne

Post by anne »

winston1DSCF7422.jpg
winston2DSCF7425.jpg
winston3DSCF7427.jpg
winston4DSCF7432a.jpg
winston5DSCF7434.jpg
winston6DSCF7439a.jpg
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

I had the pleasure of walking Winston yesterday and what a lovely boy he is, keen to walk but not too strong on the lead he settled very quickly to matching my pace. We were walking with his bestie Roxy (and Jude) and he was happy for Roxy to take the lead which she was keen to do. Very well behaved with passing cars, pedestrians and other dogs :biggrin.gif:
ChantalPM

Post by ChantalPM »

Winston is such a sweet and gentle soul. We had a bit of time in the paddock and did a gentle stroll around the woods.
Gave him a bath to help with his skin which he wasn’t all too pleased about but not a grumble at all! Very happy to come out into the sun after and roll in the grass!

25DC19B6-64CA-4F31-8E34-B430FD2302CD~2.jpeg