Billy Beagle x DofB 2020 Reading Barks!

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
xxlynne

Billy Beagle x DofB 2020 Reading Barks!

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
billy1DSCF6453a.jpg
Billy's Story: Billy was brought via a private rehoming into a new home and within 24 hours had jumped through 3 family homes grandmother, mother to daughter. He was nervous and expectations were high and he ended up lunging as they tried to take toys off him. Billy came in as a confused dog but is settling well and not displaying concerning behaviours. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Billy is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Billy is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If interested in rehoming one of our dogs, the first step is to complete and submit our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. We do not discuss dogs without a homing questionnaire submission. You must be ready and we are only be able to contact you if we have a suitable dog. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £200. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers in particular. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
billy2DSCF6437.jpg
billy3DSCF6438.jpg
billy4DSCF6441a.jpg
billy5DSCF6451.jpg
billy6DSCF6456.jpg
Billy's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal an evolving picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: We are asked to help Billy in an emergency as family were unwilling to keep him and wanted him out the same day.

Billy came into our Rescue on the 21st Dec 21
anne

Re: Billy Beagle x DofB 2020 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

I met Billy earlier in the week. I gave him some cheese and seeing a happy, waggy tail and wriggly body, I entered his kennel. He was certainly pleased to see me but there were nerves there too, so I just stood still and let him sniff me. Then I crouched down and gave him some more cheese. He had chewed his harness so the first job was to fit him with a new one. He is very food orientated so with treats to distract, the job was done quickly. We headed out and Billy's first stop was to do his wee. Good Boy Billy. As soon as we got walking Billy's nose went to the ground and hound like, he was following scents along the ground.
I have walked Billy 3 times this week. Each day his confidence had grown and each day we ventured further. He is very good on the lead, walking ahead and exploring but not overly pully. He is very responsive and will follow directions easily. I didn't even necessarily need to use my voice, he picked up what I wanted from my body language. I have fallen in love with this young lad. He is affectionate, fun and keen to learn.

billy7DSCF6447.jpg
billy8DSCF6452.jpg
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

I haven't intoduced myself to this lovely looking boy yet, but I did see him when walking earlier in the week and of course he got a sausage treat when I was doing my "rounds".

Loving his name (I think it should definitely be "Billy Beagle" and not just "Billy" 😊) and looking forward to meeting him properly soon.
RosC

Post by RosC »

Oh Billy is a sweetheart. He seems to have got over his nerves as I received a wonderful greeting and he was keen to go on his walk. Billy is very friendly and walked really nicely.
On the way back we met Di and Wilson and Billy walked alongside happily having a friendly sniff. I don't think this handsome boy will be around long.
Beccastj

Re: Billy Beagle x DofB 2020 Pevensey Short foster

Post by Beccastj »

E338FA6C-DFE4-4966-BE73-15BB5B9C48D4.jpeg
I've had Billy on a short foster break for a few days. He's a sweet, affectionate and lively young dog. The first day I collected him in the morning for a long walk with a friend and her anxious and dog-reactive rescue dog. It was a great success as Billy loves other dogs and obviously sent out good vibes. He is easy to walk and friendly with everyone he meets.
Billy travels very well in the car but can be car sick on a full tummy. He settles down immediately in his crate in the back and barely stirs; he's good on short or long trips.
In the home Billy is affectionate and will spend a fair amount of the day snoozing, though he needs a lot of activity to keep him busy in between his snoozes. He likes to chew and loses interest in some chew toys quickly. I've had to hide the waste paper bins, toilet roll, all shoes, TV remote control and various other items. He will put his front paws up on the kitchen counter to see what he can reach, but will retreat if I tell him off (though it doesn't stop him trying when I'm not looking). Buying chew has been a breakthrough in saving my shoes - but he's on the hunt for a new item of interest after a while.
68B03D3A-4EE1-4323-B7C9-23A0942A792D.jpeg
Each evening, of the four I've had him, he has an hour in which he is very lively, chewing, jumping over the furniture, humping the dog bed and grabbing my sleeve. Playing 'find the treat' or taking him for a walk distracts him for a bit. At the end of the spell he conks out for the rest of the evening.
85589CDE-AAA6-455B-9F6F-D57AE60CE34F.jpeg
Billy can open a lever handled door in seconds. I found it easier to lock myself in bathroom to give him time out! roflmao.gif

Billy has been very quiet - no barking or howling at all, but I haven't left him on his own.
On the first night he slept well - starting on the floor outside the bedroom, and I woke up in the morning with him on the bed.
He is very quiet and still in the night, but he may growl if you try to move him. However, I slept surprisingly well and he didn't disturb me at all.
On the first day Billy had a little accident inside. He didn't let me know he needed to go out. There is no garden so, I couldn't open a door to give him breaks. I've taken him out more often and he has been fine since. Tonight he got up and went over to the door to let me know.

We went to the secure dog field today and Billy loved having the freedom to run around, chase a ball, chew wood (his favourite) and sniff. If I call him he comes running or pokes his head out to look at me.

Yesterday Billy made a new friend with a neighbour's dog and walked well through the local garden centre. He adores being with other dogs. Today, when we went out the two dogs were so happy to see eachother again.
11EB42E2-DF1A-4114-A612-126660695A0B.jpeg
Billy is a young, lively beagle who has yet to understand the boundaries, but he is clever and loving and he has the potential to be wonderful companion in a home that can keep his enquiring mind busy.
19F3EAB0-B90D-4B4C-93C0-05BEC546EEB5.jpeg
BA58AEA4-E067-4D80-9229-0755FCF7EAE0.jpeg
7470A08D-60CF-40A4-8136-C4DA5762EAE9.jpeg
Sarah and Joe

Post by Sarah and Joe »

My first time meeting Billy yesterday and we went for a lovely walk in the woods and local housing estate. He listens well to “wait” and “sit” and paid some interest to the other dogs we passed but no barking or lungeing. A nice relaxed walk was had by me and him thumbs.gif
Sarah and Joe

Post by Sarah and Joe »

My second walk with Billy today and I couldn’t help myself playing around with iMovie on my phone so enjoy the trailer!
Beccastj

Post by Beccastj »

F2BB37D9-5912-4AF4-ABF5-CCB3EC4ED890.jpeg
I took Billy for a day out on Sunday. We had a lovely day walking with some friends and their dogs (Billy loves being with other dogs) and is good walking along busy roads, past horses, cyclists and anything or anybody that we encountered.
175DD39F-3A40-4FC4-85B7-884857668A50.jpeg
9D4F9981-C1FA-4A0F-AFB9-BC1DE091B67B.jpeg
00057F8F-FE4D-4D02-B43E-2F2EF04FAA3E.jpeg
At home, he is very inquisitive and really enjoyed the puzzle toys I gave him - he likes to keep his enquiring mind busy. He does like to investigate everything and is still a puppy in many ways.
B96A1550-5D63-4FC3-9101-E6AD542C62E0.jpeg
He is very quiet and well behaved in the car, though he can get a bit car sick if he travels straight after eating.
55309883-532D-479A-898C-AB741D563CDE.jpeg
11379B7B-3DEC-4317-BE1E-95E44744284D.jpeg
7F894ED6-4E74-49A0-84A3-88D2D0B3445D.jpeg
xxlynne

Re: Billy Beagle x DofB 2020 Reading Barks!

Post by xxlynne »

Sarah and Bill... Yes Bill came to meet Billy. He greeted them with love, then had a paddock session followed by a walk and they a shared walk with Mercia. WHAT A GOOD BOY!

They witnessed his "Billyiness" but Billy has come on so such during his spell with us and has really come into his skin!. So yes Billy has left the building to start his life and will meet Chris the adult son who will meet him this afternoon. Have a good life Billy! wheyhey.gif
billyDSCF7480.jpg
LyndaM

Re: Billy Beagle x DofB 2020 Reading Barks!

Post by LyndaM »

Brilliant news I met and walked Billy when he first came to RR , he so deserves his forever home and will make a great addition to the family. Good Luck everyone you have a brilliant dog in Billy.