Phillip Dogue de Bordeaux DoB 1st July 18 - 18th November 23

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
SarahW

Re: Phillip Dogue de Bordeaux DoB 1st July 18 Gatwick Kenns

Post by SarahW »

"in your own time Georgie....." he reminds me of my cat George who was fearless around foster dogs! :biggrin.gif: :biggrin.gif:
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
Mon&Chris

Post by Mon&Chris »

I think that Phillip really likes his new kennel, as he can now keep an eye on all the visitors – and make friends with Georgie the cat. He calmly checks everyone out. And he’s very welcoming and lets you clip his leads without bother. He didn’t want to walk far though and we just stopped for cuddles, which is what he likes most.
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

No visit to the kennels is complete without saying hello to the gorgeous Phillip and this time I had the chance to walk him too.

While he is a big boy and can have his bouncy moments (well, he is still a youngster and it just shows he's happy!) they are very short-lived and manageable, especially when you learn to read the signs that they're about to happen.

We had a lovely walk and a few cuddles along the way, naturally.

PaulB

Post by PaulB »

I walked Phillip again today and we had just the one bouncy moment - I notice he tends to do them when we resume walking after stopping for a cuddle. As I've said before, they are manageable... you just need to be ready for him to do a couple of bounds in one direction before switching to the other direction - he's just having fun!

About halfway into my planned route he plonked himself down for a roll so I took the opportunity to give him some tummy tickles. Well, that was it for 5 minutes as he was clearly more interested in those than in walking any further. 🤗

Less walking; more tickles!
Less walking; more tickles!
A_Roth1

Post by A_Roth1 »

Took Phillip for a quick walk around the grounds and to the paddock today. He was calm getting out of his kennel, had a bouncy puppy moment running in the paddock once the leads were off, and then followed me around the paddock for some treats for a while! He is very good at sitting nicely, we worked on a bit of heel and paw and mostly some squishy face rubs love4.gif

This is his petted lip “please can I have another” face. Hard to say no to!!
F0EBDBBC-0A26-4A7E-B53D-7E26DB6AAEB6.jpeg
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

My visit to the Rescue yesterday wouldn't have been complete without a catch-up with my mate, Mr Squishy-Face.

He greeted me very nicely and calmly let me put his harness on before we set off for our walk along my usual route. He was quite content with a casual pace today, with just a couple of perfectly-manageable prancing bursts. Coupled with the odd "drop and roll" and a quick paddle and drink from the stream, we had a lovely time.
StephenB

Post by StephenB »

Mr Squidge.
20220629_153147.jpg
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

:smiley-dance017.gif: Happy 4th Birthday Phillip!! :smiley-dance017.gif:

We had a varied walk this morning; it started with a slow pace and a lot of sniffing, followed by a bit of random prancing about, a quick snaffle of some fresh horse pooh and then a spell of "normal" walking.

On our return we headed to the paddock for a play.

I love this goofball!

Kiss of love.gif

KathrynG

Post by KathrynG »

:crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: keeping everything crossed for you Phillip x
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

Good luck sweet Phillip. I hadn’t realised we even share the same birthday. Kiss of love.gif

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”