Lunar Staffie x Mastiff DofB 3.3.21 Lordswood S'ton

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Lunar Staffie x Mastiff DofB 3.3.21 Lordswood S'ton

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
luna0DSCF6007a.jpg
Lunar's Story: Lunar lost her home due to 3 unneutered dogs (Her mother, litter brother and self) became reactive during a family argument. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Lunar is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Lunar was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting her new family.

If interested in rehoming one of our dogs, the first step is to complete and submit our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. We do not discuss dogs without a homing questionnaire submission. You must be ready and we will only contact you if we have a suitable dog. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £200. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers in particular. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
luna2DSCF6008a.jpg
luna3DSCF6012a.jpg
luna5DSCF6013.jpg
luna6DSCF6024.jpg
luna7DSCF6033.jpg
Lunar's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal an evolving picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: We have been asked to Help Lunar as she needs a stable family life out with her currently family

Lunar comes in 3rd Dec 21
LunaSrx.jpeg
Lunar with her litter brother
Jude&Alf

Re: Lunar Staffie x Mastiff DofB 3.3.21 Comes soon once kennel space

Post by Jude&Alf »

Oh my goodness, what an absolute beauty love4.gif
Lunar, I'm so happy that you are on your way and cannot wait to meet you Kiss of love.gif
xxlynne

Re: Lunar Staffie x Mastiff DofB 2.21 Comes 3rd Dec 21

Post by xxlynne »

Lunar had to be moved by today so Safe & Sound have kindly paid her kennels until Friday am when she will be transported into our vets for Neutering, vaccination and chip. Lunar arrives with us the afternoon of the 3rd.
Jude&Alf

Re: Lunar Staffie x Mastiff DofB 3.3.21 Comes 3rd Dec 21

Post by Jude&Alf »

Thank goodness for RR stepping forwards for the lovely Lunar thumbs.gif
I'm more than a little excited to meet this beautiful girl Kiss of love.gif
xxlynne

Re: Lunar Staffie x Mastiff DofB 3.3.21 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Lunar came into our vets yesterday and was spayed and vaccinated. She is in good health and our vets had no problems and stated what a gentle girl she is.

Lunar is very beautiful which we haven't captured in photographs yet. She has been very quiet in her kennel, very welcoming. Lunar is eating well and is happy in herself.
StephenB

Post by StephenB »

Saw the rather handsome Lunar on her photo shoot. Thought I'd take one myself.
20211205_102903.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Lovely Lunar came out for her photoshoot on Sunday. She is exactly the delightful, bouncy, friendly pup we expected and we were all smitten with her. Bless her, it was very busy on Sunday, because of our Charity walk, and she was a little overwhelmed by it all. My photos show worry in her eyes and do not do her beauty justice, something I intent to rectify once she has settled a bit more.

luna1DSCF6007.jpg

luna8DSCF6040.jpg

luna9DSCF6046.jpg

luna10DSCF6047.jpg

luna11DSCF6001.jpg
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

I met Lunar yesterday and she really is a very sweet and beautiful girl love4.gif
On entering her kennel I knelt down and she immediately came in for a fuss, placing her paw on my knee and that was me gone, I fell in love Kiss of love.gif
Once out of her kennel Lunar was very interested in all that was going on around her, super inquisitive and showing her joy with little bounces.
Anne decided that Tommy SR might enjoy a walk with Lunar and out he came, little twinkle in his eye, very keen to show Lunar around thumbs.gif Lunar was just a little excited when she first spotted Tommy and she did have a little bark, Tommy told Lunar to settle down and so she did and they had the most perfect walk together thumbs.gif
Lunar is an absolute dream, she walks beautifully and I get the feeling that she hasn't seen an awful lot of life and is experiencing lots of thing for the first time, but she does so with a lovely, gentle calmness love4.gif beautiful girl.
I was so impressed with how Lunar settled into walking with Tommy and after her initial cheekiness she was super respectful and took great direction for him.
Lunar is a really lovely young girl, so ready for her very own forever home, fingers crossed she doesn't have to wait for too long Kiss of love.gif
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

I met Lunar on Tuesday and had the real pleasure of taking this young lady for a walk and a mooch in the paddock, where I got a very muddy paw on my knee as she reached up to give me a kiss love4.gif . Lunar is still very young and has that supple sort of bendiness that young dogs have, her coat is also incredibly soft and she has a wonderful broad forehead. She does have very sad eyes at the moment, but I hope we will change that soon. We had the odd little jump of excitement as we set out, and she certainly pulled towards whoever was in the paddock barking at her (might have been Jupiter?) I think she probably wanted to go and say hello, and as it was very slippery with mud, we nearly did! However I did manage to dissuade her and she settled beautifully on her walk. Very gentle taking treats and an absolute poppet when it came to removing her harness. thumbs.gif
anne

Post by anne »

Lunar was walking with Jude yesterday and as she walked so nicely with Tommy last week, we thought we would try her with a different dog this week and I chose Harry. Harry has a very different energy to Tommy, much more bouncy and busy but not really bothered about other dogs. This was perfect for Lunar as she was able to relax around him. Lunar was a bit more high spirited around Harry, picking up on his energy but she was as good as gold around him and had a very happy walk.
Lunar looks serious in the photo but I promise you she was having a wonderful time on her walk.
lunarDSCF6272a.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”