Zak (Zachary) English Bull Terrier DofB 06.09.16 Hartwell N'Hants

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
zach1DSCF5830.jpg
Zachary's Story: Zachary is just 5 years old and ended up within a South Coast council pound; he was surrendered by his owner. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Zachary is now neutered, chipped, and vaccinations are in progress. Zachary is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If interested in rehoming one of our dogs, the first step is to complete and submit our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. We do not discuss dogs without a homing questionnaire submission. You must be ready and we will only contact you if we have a suitable dog. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £200. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers in particular. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
zach2DSCF5838a.jpg
zach3DSCF5818.jpg
zach4DSCF5844a.jpg
zach5DSCF5856.jpg
Zachary's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal an evolving picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Oct 21: We are asked to help Zachary as he doesn't have a Rescue Place

Zachary came on the 26th November 21
ZachEBT1.JPG
ZachEBT.JPG
Jude&Alf

Re: Zachary English Bull Terrier DofB 06.09.16 Comes 26th Nov

Post by Jude&Alf »

Welcome Zachary, I literally cannot wait to meet you Kiss of love.gif
Jan Case

Re: Zachary English Bull Terrier DofB 06.09.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Jan Case »

Hello Gorgeous love4.gif
RosC

Post by RosC »

I walked Zachary today. He was barking when i went to the kennel and I wasn't sure how he would be with me entering his kennel but I needn't have worried He is a lovely boy, very friendly and enjoyed saying hello to other walkers as we set off.
We headed off into the woods and had a good walk. A few occasions he stopped but if I bent down and said 'Zachary come on' in a silly voice he would set off again. Even so we did go where he chose a few times! He is a lovely boy and will be popular with the walkers.
He took no notice of passing dogs on the walk and he was keen to play with Jupiter through the paddock fence as we passed on our way back.
Can't wait to meet him again if he is around next week love4.gif
anne

Post by anne »

Zac is a little sweetie. He welcomed me into his kennel, gave me a good sniff and was happy to have leads on. He was keen to get out and did his toileting straight away. He seemed a little unsure and lacking in confidence and did not really want to venture far. He posed for his photos ( he is very handsome) but was more interested in having cuddles and treats. We explored a bit but Zac really just wanted some company, bless him. love4.gif
zach6DSCF5843a.jpg
zac7DSCF5821.jpg
zac8DSCF5826a.jpg
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

Oh my goodness what an absolute beauty thumbs.gif
I absolutely love English Bull Terriers and Zachary is a wonderful example of his breed, he is seriously gorgeous love4.gif
As others have said he is a little barky in his kennel, but as soon as you enter he is more interested in making friends and mugging you for treats, cheeky boy thumbs.gif
We set off at a good pace, but then Zachary decided that it was time for cuddles and this set the tone for our walk, all this lovely boy wants is cuddles and lots of them love4.gif
We stuck to the grounds as Zachary was a little reluctant to walk too far, she we had a little wander down the lane, then he decided that yet more cuddles were in order, so we headed back to kennels and sat in reception, me resting my legs and Zach just enjoying being the centre of attention thumbs.gif he really is very sweet, happily resting his head in my lap having proper back scratches.
I fell in love with this beautiful boy today, he's very lovely and way smaller than he looks, an absolute perfet little EBT Kiss of love.gif
anne

Post by anne »

I had 2 short walks with Zach yesterday. He is finding his feet slowly and still rather nervous and lacking in confidence. He walks very slowly, taking his time to sniff around and needs plenty of reassurance and cuddles. Then every so often he picks up the pace and trots along happily only to stop again and look for more reassurance. Each time I walk with him I see a little more confidence emerge. Slowly does it boy, take your time, we are there for you. I think there is much more to discover about our little Zach and we will see his personality emerge as he settles and gains in confidence.
zach1DSCF5985.jpg
zach2DSCF5988.jpg
zach3DSCF5990.jpg
zach4DSCF5992a.jpg
xxlynne

Re: Zachary English Bull Terrier DofB 06.09.16 Hartwell N'Hants

Post by xxlynne »

Zachary met Dave and British Bull Dog today with her owners Pauline and Tim. it was a nice steady meeting. Zachary lived with a Bischon and Dave lived with a Staffie so we are hoping they will settle together. Ros will share all
Pauline.H

Post by Pauline.H »

Heart fill with love.gif] Zak travelled well in the car, he started sniffing Dave while she was sat the other side of me and didn’t bother with him. Zak then spent the whole time asleep with his head resting on my lap. When we arrived home we showed him around the front of the house and then through to the garden. Dave was less than impressed when Zak went to lay in her bed but we have bought Zak his own bed, water & food bowls and toys. Zak loves the bed and also loves the blanket on the sofa, he’s happily sleeping cuddled into me at the moment. Both Dave and Zak eat different food so we let them eat separately which they both did very well. We’re off for a walk before a nice shower for both Dave and Zak.
RosC

Re: Zak (Zachary) English Bull Terrier DofB 06.09.16 Hartwell N'Hants

Post by RosC »

Im glad the journey home was good and Zak is exploring his new home. He is a wonderful lad who deserves a home and having a big sister will hopefully bring him back out of his shell.
It was a delight to meet you all today. Zak was very well behaved with Dave and even though he did climb on board a few times Dave was very tolerant and when she told Zak off with a little growl he stopped straight away and no reaction back.
I hope they will settle well together, they certainly make a lovely couple 💑
Thank you both and keep us updated on how they settle with each other :crossfingers.gif:
Hard to take a homing photo but here are a couple of attempts!

Zak1.jpg

Zak2.jpg

Zak3.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”