Lenny Greyhound Lurcher DofB 27.12.16 RRemedies Centre

Lurchers and Greyhounds that are available for adoption
xxlynne

Lenny Greyhound Lurcher DofB 27.12.16 RRemedies Centre

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Available
lenny1DSCF5275a.jpg
Lenny's Story: Lenny was handed into a Northern council pound by owner as he had killed a cat. He is now 6 years old and awaits his home. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Lenny is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Lenny is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If interested in rehoming one of our dogs, the first step is to complete and submit our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. We do not discuss dogs without a homing questionnaire submission. You must be ready and we will only contact you if we have a suitable dog. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum Adoption Donation is £250 (£400 for pup under 1 yr old). This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers in particular. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
lenny2DSCF5255a.jpg
lenny3DSCF5263.jpg
lenny4DSCF5267a.jpg
lenny6DSCF5306.jpg
lenny6DSCF5307.jpg
Lenny's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal an evolving picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:Urgent Can you help this boy being put to sleep 28th Oct 21. Lovely boy very good manners around dogs and walks well on the lead. Clynx

Lenny came on the 29th October 21
LennyLurch.jpg
anne

Re: Lenny Lurcher DofB 27.12.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Lenny arrived yesterday and is a very friendly boy. I entered his kennel and he was keen to greet me and have a cuddle before going out. I handed the leads to Ashley, one of our new walkers, and Lenny was happy with this. We took him out for his photoshoot, where he behaved impeccably and then he happily headed off for a walk with Ashley, accompanied by Charlie with Scooby.
lenny7DSCF5296a.jpg
lenny8DSCF5300a.jpg
lenny9DSCF5258.jpg
KathrynG

Post by KathrynG »

Met Lenny for the first time on Sunday. He gave me a friendly greeting in his kennel and was easy to clip on his leads and get out of the block. Diana walked him whilst i was walked Barney. He was a little strong to begin with but soon settled altho hold on tight if he sees a squirrel!!
Lenny was very playful and affectionate and walked really well with Barney. He loved rolling around in the grass and seemed to enjoy being out on his walk.
Look forward to walking him again next week

20211031_142220_opt.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

I had a lovely relaxed walk with Lenny this morning. He is a lovely gentle, friendly boy. he walks at a steady pace, stopping for sniffs along the way and is a truly delightful companion.
lenny1DSCF5804.jpg
lenny2DSCF5805.jpg
lenny3DSCF5806.jpg
Lynds

Post by Lynds »

I have just noticed that Lenny doesn’t have many posts written about him, which surprised me as he is a dream.

So here is a short note about him.
We have walked him twice, he gets on really well walking with other dogs. He largely ignores scooby akita when we walk them together, and they calmly trot along together around the town.
He is totally non reactive to the other dogs in the kennel block as the bark when he passes by, he is just really chilled.

Walks beautifully on the lead, nice loose lead the whole time as he sniffs his way around town.

We are walking him again tomorrow and can’t wait. He is such a peach and really relaxing and calming to be with.
Will make a lovely pal for someone
L
anne

Post by anne »

I had a lovely walk with Lenny this week. We walked with Spencer(with Helen) and Luna (with Jude) Lenny was the perfect walking partner, unfazed by anything or anyone, he just walked calmly on the lead, stopping to have a sniff here and there along the way. He is a little smasher of a dog, calm and affectionate. However he will need to be watched around food all of the time. Any food left within his grasp is snaffled and he is fast!
lennylurchDSCF6428.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Lenny is so friendly and loves attention from people. He was enjoying fuss from Jude yesterday. He is such a softie.
lennylurchDSCF6830a.jpg
Mon&Chris

Post by Mon&Chris »

This was our first walk with Lenny. As soon as he saw me outside his kennel, he started wagging his tail, which was great. Harness and leads on and off we went. He was happy to see Chris too, especially as he had a treat for him. He walked at a very chilled pace, with loose leads. He didn’t mind other dogs, even when they barked at him – he just ignored everything and everyone. He’s super cute too. I can’t believe he hasn’t been snapped up yet.

Mon&Chris

Post by Mon&Chris »

Lenny was super today. He’s a very unfussy, easy dog to walk and just enjoys a good sniff about. A lovely boy!
Beccastj

Post by Beccastj »

362E7010-933F-4943-8E87-FBE30DCF2388.jpeg
We had a lovely weekend with Lenny. He jumped straight into the back of the car and quickly settled down for the journey - he’s a very good traveller.

My daughters adored Lenny, he was very gentle. They can feel uncomfortable if a dog is too lively, but Lenny is calm - except around food. We had to remove food from surfaces - Lenny took and ate an apple and a tomato that were on the kitchen counter, and we had to separate ourselves from Lenny when we ate. But as soon as there was no trace of food, Lenny was calm and relaxed.

Lenny is an easy dog to walk as he doesn’t pull on the lead and ignores traffic, other dogs and people. He was pleased to have a walk with a neighbour’s dog and visit the garden centre, where he behaved well.
E4EA70CA-D375-415C-9B6D-267B750D08E0.jpeg
On a trip to the beach, Lenny was very good (apart from when he spied a discarded chip packet and had to be pulled away).
8402DDC8-1965-43F8-939C-C5ED19C93772.jpeg
28154F43-C9FE-414E-B213-F7560B171455.jpeg
He was very settled in the car while we ate our fish and chips.
After a bit of a muddy walk Lenny stood calmly while I hosed the mud off him, he seemed to enjoy it.
Lenny had a couple of small accidents in the house, but as we don’t have a garden it was less easy to let him out every time he showed a little agitation.
Lenny is an all round great dog to have as a companion and I will take him away again.
EC5D46FD-27A5-4017-AB63-D1C96B0F585F.jpeg

Return to “Our Lovely Lurchers & Greyhounds”