Kayla Alapaha BlueBlood Bulldog DofB 21.11.18 Gatwick Kenns

xxlynne

Kayla Alapaha BlueBlood Bulldog DofB 21.11.18 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Available
kayla1DSCF5381a.jpg
Kayla's Story: Kayla came into Rescue with Gillian another Bullbreed bitch and 2 cats. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Kayla is now neutered, chipped, and is fully vaccinated. Kayla is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting her new family.

If interested in rehoming one of our dogs, the first step is to complete and submit our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. We do not discuss dogs without a homing questionnaire submission. You must be ready and we are only be able to contact you if we have a suitable dog. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £200. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers in particular. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
kayla2DSCF5396.jpg
kayla3DSCF5393.jpg
kayla4DSCF5407.jpg
kayla5DSCF5404.jpg
kayla6DSCF5379.jpg
K&G2DSCF5418.jpg
Kayla's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal an evolving picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: 27.10.21 Hi Lynne
Can you help me with these dogs please? I only have about a week with them as they have run out of kennels and are pushing me.
This is Kayla she is 3 years old, about 35kg. She is fully vaccinated and I can get her spayed this week.
Appear dog friendly. Many thanks as always, Vx
Kayla1.jpg
Kayla.jpg
Kayla 4.jpg
SarahW

Re: Kayla Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog DofB 21.11.18 Coming soon

Post by SarahW »

OMG what a beauty Kiss of love.gif
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
xxlynne

Re: Kayla Alapaha BlueBlood Bulldog DofB 21.11.18 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Kayla arrived into our Kennels today with her close friend Gillian who she used to live with pre-Rescue with 2 cats I believe
Gillian Kayla.jpg
KaylaGillian.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Kayla- what a sweetheart. love4.gif Kayla has a soft, affectionate nature. She is curious and interested in everything while out and about. Kayla stepped out for her photoshoot and then enjoyed a nice relaxed walk down the lane with her friend, Gillian.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
kayla7DSCF5390.jpg
kayla8DSCF5402.jpg
kayla9DSCF5382.jpg
K&G1DSCF5413.jpg
K&G3DSCF5433.jpg
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

Thank you Anne, such beautiful photos love4.gif
I dare anyone who meets Kayla not to fall instantly, head over heels In love with her Kiss of love.gif yes she is that glorious thumbs.gif
Sometimes you really have to meet a dog to appreciate their true beauty and Kayla is one such dog, she is so sweet and gentle with the most fun and loving nature, I think it took me all of 2 seconds to realise what a special girl she is Kiss of love.gif
As soon as I entered her kennel Kayla was full of inquisitiveness, good old sniff and I think it took her as long as it did me to realise that we could be friends thumbs.gif
I think you can see from the photos what a super loving girl Kayla is, I mean literally as soon as I knelt down she was there for a cuddle Kiss of love.gif it isn't just that though, she is so full of fun, love and mischief and just so up for life woo.gif] This became apparent as soon as her photo shoot was over, she simply could not wait to get going, but wait she did and patiently, Anne took her leads while I went to get her friend Gillian to join in the fun. These 2 are just lovely together, bumbling along side by side, as you can see in Anne's video, I love seeing dogs get on and these 2 are a great example. That said they are more than happy to walk on their own, very much enjoying it being all about them thumbs.gif
Heading back after our walk Kayla did make me smile, there were some workmen on the lane and one of them approached to say hello, Gillian said a quick hi and walked on, Kayla wanted to be his best friend, absolutely no qualms at all she was straight in there, full on charm mode, she is irresistible love4.gif
Kayla wears her heart on her sleeve and I'm so happy that she is here at RR, just waiting now for her perfect forever home, how lucky are we to have her until then thumbs.gif
IanandNicky

Post by IanandNicky »

My first walk with Kayla on Monday she was immediately friendly and let me clip her leads on. She is a sturdy dog who pulled quite hard at the start but soon settled down to a nice pace until Paul with Kayla's friend Gillian caught us up on the way back and went ahead at a good speed which Kayla had to follow. Back at the paddock we had a rest and some cuddles which she loved.
paul.buckle

Post by paul.buckle »

I met and walked Kayla for the first time on my visit yesterday afternoon - she is gorgeous!

I offered a sausage treat, went straight in, clipped her on and led her out, all without any fuss. Ok, so we may have had a little cuddle first!

We headed up the lane and into Smallfield as I couldn't face the prospect of the mud in the woods just yet! While she was initially quite keen to be out, she completely relaxed within just a couple of minutes and it was the easiest walk you could imagine. We did a loop at the end of the mainroad before heading back; it was a fair walk in the end and she seemed perfectly happy the entire time. I didn't find her particularly responsive to her name and she wouldn't do a sit for me, but she was easy to guide and to manage road-crossings with nonetheless.

She was very interested to say hello to anyone she passed, including a lady at the UK Power Networks site and a couple of people at the bus stop. With that gorgeous face of hers, they were naturally keen to say hello to her too. It also helps that she has a lovely soft, warm head and doesn't mind snuggling it right into you!

The problem I have now is that I'm going to be at the kennels for whole days at a time if I keep adding more lovelies like Kayla to my "must see" list!
Bellajock

Post by Bellajock »

k2727.gif what a beauty 0077.gif she is adorable she could be my new favourite :dog-115.gif: shhhh don't tell the others :smiley-bounce016.gi:
paul.buckle

Re: Kayla Alapaha BlueBlood Bulldog DofB 21.11.18 Temp Foster Redhill

Post by paul.buckle »

Kayla has come to stay for a few days!

I got to the kennels this morning and walked Dwight and Bond before getting Kayla and her belongings into the car. She lay down calmly for the short journey and patiently waited while I went into Pets at Home to stock up on a few things (all of which were for her, of course!). I then took the opportunity to take her inside and pop her on their scales - 30.6kg, for the record!

Once we got home I let her have a nose around while I got things unloaded and set up, but she was quite content to just follow me from room to room. I've laid out her bed (from the kennels, with her usual blankets), set a Yak's milk chew, "soft" chew toy and Kong close by, and got some food and water ready for her. She has quite happily ignored all that and plonked herself down on the rug and is dozing as I write.

Having said that, I'm sat at the dining table and she's just come over to say hello to me! love4.gif

Many more updates, photos and videos to come!!

Kayla0.jpg

Kayla1.jpeg

Kayla2.jpeg

Kayla3.jpg
Chrissy M

Re: Kayla Alapaha BlueBlood Bulldog DofB 21.11.18 Temp Foster Redhill

Post by Chrissy M »

Aw look at that face ! I am wondering how long that pristine Dino is going to last for 🤣

Lucky Kayla having a mini break 😁🤩🐕

Return to “Our Amazing Americian Bulldogs (Ambulldogrescue.co.uk)”