Kenzo Malinous Belgium Shep DofB 08.07.20 Gatwick Kenns

xxlynne

Kenzo Malinous Belgium Shep DofB 08.07.20 Gatwick Kenns

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Available
kenzo1DSCF4893a.jpg
Kenzo's Story: Kenzo was bought as a puppy. Kenzo has stayed with a family with another Malinois and Large dog for periods. He has been around young children. Outside the home Kenzo mixed very well with all dogs he meets. Lost his home due to circumstance change and needing to be left for long periods which became emotionally painful for him Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Kenzo will be neutered, chipped, and vaccinations are in progress. Kenzo is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If interested in rehoming one of our dogs, the first step is to complete and submit our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. We do not discuss dogs without a homing questionnaire submission. You must be ready and sadly due to unprecedented interest, we will only be able to contact you if we have a suitable dog. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £200. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
kenzo2DSCF4898.jpg
kenzo3DSCF4900.jpg
kenzo4DSCF4909.jpg
kenzo5DSCF4914.jpg
kenzo6DSCF4915.jpg
Kenzo's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.

Original Referral information: We were asked to take Kenzo in as an emergency as he is being left in a bedroom for 10-12 hour s and has begun to bark which is a new behaviour

Kenzo came into our Rescue on the 12th October 2021
Kenzo01.jpg
Kenzo02.jpg
Kenzo03.jpg
Kenzo04.jpeg
Kenzo05.jpeg
anne

Re: Kenzo Malinous Belgium Shep DofB 08.07.20 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Kenzo arrived yesterday and I was lucky enough to meet him having his initial exploratory walk around the grounds with the staff. Being a working breed he was as expected, energetic, clever, focused but also very friendly with people. He is a dog who will need lots of exercise and mental stimulation but in the right environment and with understanding of his needs, he will be the most fabulous companion dog.
kenzo7DSCF4912.jpg
kenzo8DSCF4926a.jpg
KevD

Post by KevD »

anne wrote: Tue 12 Oct 2021 13:26 He is a dog who will need lots of exercise and mental stimulation but in the right environment and with understanding of his needs, he will be the most fabulous companion dog.
Spot on, Anne. He looks as bright as a button and has a lovely, intense Mali look about him. Typical of the breed and he looks in lovely condition.

Kev
StephenB

Post by StephenB »

0077.gif
Got out with young Kenzo today. He was very keen to get out of the door but I decided that he should have his leads on first!! He does pull quitr a bit but then settles. He's only young and in kennels so it's not a crime to be overkeen for a walk.

Kenzo settled into the walk nicely after 10 mins or so. He doesn't seem too bothered around other dogs but is a dog that needs exercise and stimulation. He's a lovely looking mutt with dark face and legs to go with his black/brown eyes. We had a little 121 time following the walk, which we both enjoyed. He seems good natured all around.
rstephenson

Post by rstephenson »

It was our first time meeting Kenzo today. Kenzo was very keen to get out of his kennel and once out he settled into his walk. He really enjoyed exploring the area, nose constantly going and he was on the look out and alert! We passed a few dogs and bikes on our walk, he was interested but no reaction.
We stopped a few times, he showed little interest in treats but he’d happily come in for some cuddles. He’s very people friendly and a lovely boy.

1-3855BA21-1347-4E21-9355-F01C44D6E1B9.jpeg

2-D1154F95-FA8B-43D1-9C0E-61EECE9477D9.jpeg
StephenB

Post by StephenB »

:smiley-bounce016.gi:
Lovely boy. Lively with captivating eyes. Is stressed on the way out of the kennels but calms down.
StephenB

Post by StephenB »

:smiley-bounce016.gi:
Got a short video of Kenzo after 30-40 mins of walking. He does pull until he tires a bit then settles nicely. He's a lovely dog, who needs a lot of exercise. We passed a few dogs and although he does show interest, he's not a problem. Did I say that he's got beautiful dark eyes?
milliepup04

Post by milliepup04 »

I’ve finally managed to log onto the forum so can do an update on this amazing boy! I fell in love with Kenzo as soon as he came in to kennels. He’s such a handsome boy and gives the best cuddles and kisses!

Kenzo is always desperate to get out his kennel, which is to be expected as a young dog of a high drive, working breed. He can be grabby initially but once out of kennels and settled is no problem at all. He can pull like a trooper and is very strong! But he’s also very responsive on walks. He knows ‘here’ and will turn round and look at me. And give me cuddles if I’m lucky! If stressed he can give a hard nip, but that’s what dogs do, especially a mali! He is good in the car but I don’t think he could manage long journeys yet. I’ve had him on the back seat clipped in to the seatbelt and he’s a bit of a fidget to say the least!

Kenzo is good with other dogs, but due to being a lockdown pup doesn’t seem to know how to properly interact. This is the problem I had with him and Scout. Unfortunately Kenzo gets stressed out when other dogs bark at him, and will have a go back. Otherwise he’s just interested in other dogs and will have a sniff. He is good around traffic, not fussed by cars, tractors, motorbikes or trailers. He doesn’t like cats though! He’s extremely people friendly and will have cuddles and fussing from anyone who is willing to give it to him!

Typical of the breed, he needs a lot of mental and physical stimulation and I think he’d thrive in a working home. He’s extremely smart, I’ve taught him to spin, jump over my leg and he knows sit and down. He loves his food and will happily work for it, and is also very toy driven and loves a good game of tug!

Kenzo really is a super pup and would thrive in the right home. I love him to bits!

Will try and upload some photos/videos…
milliepup04

Post by milliepup04 »

I really do love this pup and he deserves a 5* home.

2058A67B-EF1D-4AC3-AF22-6DE9F42F89A4.jpg

DF337764-5F06-4133-B175-A6D9BDA2AAE7.jpg

50109203-094B-44B6-8C4D-3A02AA1E29A9.jpg

E6CC6D5B-0081-462B-813A-9639A5CFE7CF.jpg

3C4D9F7D-1E73-4244-A679-40E0614FE956.jpg