Maze Collie x DofB 02.08.11 Surbiton

Dogs that have found their forever home
anne

Re: Maze Collie x DofB 02.08.11 RRemedies Centre

Post by anne »

Maze's absolute favourite thing to do today was to roll in the long wet grass. He stopped many times to do just that, big smile on his face, happiness oozing from every pore. (or is that paw?) What a complete joy to watch him.
maze220220519_121759a.jpg
maze120220519_121736.jpg
Karen25

Post by Karen25 »

I walked Maze for the first time yesterday. What a sweet, affectionate sole he is. He just craved human company. One we had had enough of cuddles and fuss we headed to the paddock for some ball play. He will fetch and bring back the ball, dropping when asked. He is very gentle when taking treats. He appears more interested and slightly unsure of other dogs but quite manageable. He is being muzzle trained in case a loose dog is over friendly and too close. He isn’t keen on the muzzle but will stand and wait for it to be put on quite accepting. He is a beautiful sole and such an easy dog. He really needs a human companion who can shower him with the love he craves.
heleny

Post by heleny »

Every once in a while, out of all the amazing RR dogs, there comes an RR dog who just sneaks his way into your heart and stays there - for me Maze is just that dog.
He sees me from afar and immediately wants to be greeted and to have his share of cuddles. I have started dividing my time with him - for the first part we go into the large paddock where Maze amuses himself and me by playing with the tennis balls, by playing fetch with the balls, and by just relaxing by my side. Later we go for a walk in the woods and Maze catches up on a lot of sniffs. love4.gif love4.gif
Last Thursday Diana walked up to the paddock with Wilson and Maze and Wilson sniffed each other through the bars of the paddock. I held my breath as Maze is very, very dog reactive but Diana said it would be ok and so I relaxed. Diana was right - both dogs were calm and pleased to get to know each other. Later Lynda walked by with Trevor and once again Maze was absolutely fine with being in close proximity to another dog. All very encouraging. love4.gif love4.gif
Maze is so so loved by the walkers and staff. It is hard not to be captivated by his paw round you while he leans into you and snuggles against you. woo.gif] woo.gif]
He will always hold that special place in my heart and we will continue to spend time together until the time when a lucky, lucky person takes him home. love4.gif love4.gif :crossfingers.gif:
Karen25

Post by Karen25 »

Totally agree with you Helen. He give his whole heart unconditionally. Gentle, loving sole. He so needs to be in a home and to receive the love he deserves. Well behaved and very easy to walk. Lovely boy love4.gif
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

Before leaving after my walks on Wednesday, I popped over to Maze to offer him my last couple of treats.

I've not met him before now and he wasn't interested in my offerings but did clearly want to say hello as he pushed himself right up to the door so I could reach him easily. I don't think either of us thought that was good enough so I let myself in, sat down and we had a proper introduction and cuddle. Wow, what a lovely gentle boy he is - he clearly craves human company and I will be sure to offer him mine at every opportunity in the future!
IanandNicky

Post by IanandNicky »

Walked Maze for the first time on Monday. I had not met him before but he greeted me like an old friend when I entered his kennel. He calmly let me clip his leads on and off we went. He is very easy to walk and did not react to other dogs apart from a growl and a bark but no lunging. In the paddock he was happy playing fetch with a ball and releasing it. He's a lovely dog and so affectionate.
Sarah and Joe

Post by Sarah and Joe »

Same experience here. I think I have walked him a few months ago though? A quick play in the paddock, mostly fetch with a tennis ball and a lovely walk but he did have a lunge and a bark at a couple of our dogs who returned the favour coming up the drive.
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Watched Maze sitting glued to Helen's leg today as we had a quick chat in the woods (me with Ralph), he sat as good as gold gazing up at her in total adoration, I was so impressed. This boy has some serious love and loyalty waiting to be gathered in love4.gif
heleny

Post by heleny »

He does indeed Jan. He is the most amazing dog. (Seriously no pun on his name intended!). What has struck me is his ability to almost emphasize and the fact that he is so intuitive. Sounds ridiculous and almost as if I am writing about a person but this dog is seriously lovely. We go down to the river which is fairly steep for me and so he waits when I ask him and looks back to check I am ok. Today in the paddock it was far too hot to do his usual activity of chasing balls so we sat in the shade. At one point I got out my phone to send a few messages and Maze gently reminded me that I was not there for my phone. After I had put my phone away he rested his head on my leg and we stayed like that for quite a few minutes.

He is definitely a people's dog. He loves people and all his walkers. He would thrive absolutely if he were to have his own person with his own sofa.

Maze can be dog reactive and because of this he is being muzzle trained. He must wear his muzzle off site - at the moment he is not too keen on that but then again it is quite hot to have something stuck on your face. I actually do think that his dog reactivity is getting slightly better and we must work on that along with the muzzle training.

Today after the paddock we went for a second time to the river so Maze could cool off and then we did a gentle walk around the kennel grounds. I put him back in his shady pen with some cheese - his favourite. He really is a totally lovely boy.
anne

Post by anne »

I had a wonderful walk with Maze yesterday. It was hot so we took the shady route down to the stream for a splash about.

After a dip in the stream Maze felt it was necessary to roll around in the dust, several times! Rolling around on his back, legs in the air, is one of his favourite things.
maze120220810_131710.jpg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”