Chase Patterdale DofB 27.03.20 Ottershaw

Dogs that have found their forever home
neilmarion1

Re: Chase Patterdale DofB 27.03.20 Ottershaw

Post by neilmarion1 »

I bet you didn't know that Patterdale terriers can climb trees. Well, I can.
I was out with Mum the other day when I saw this squirrel and, when I chased it, it ran up into a big tree. I followed it, straight up the trunk until I was above Mum's head and at the end of my lead. Then I slithered back down to the ground. Mum was very impressed. Then, another time, I was chasing a squirrel in my garden and it ran up into one of the willows. I managed to get a long way up after it by jumping from branch to branch but it jumped down into the next door garden and got away. I let it go.
The other thing that I'm getting better at is not barking at and lunging after big, noisy lorries when they go past on the road and frighten me. Mum and Dad would see them coming and get me to sit until they had passed and give me a treat. After a while, I'm getting used to them and sometimes ignore them. But not always, of course, or I would miss out on the treats!
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

Wow Chase you are clever climbing trees!!! And well done for ignoring the lorries you are doing so well.

Thank you Neil and Marion I absolutely love reading Chase's blog! xxxxxxx
heleny

Post by heleny »

Hi Chase - you did indeed attempt to try climbing trees when we were out in the woods but I was a spoilsport and stopped you! It is really really great to hear your news and your progress. Well done for not trying to fight and scare those big lorries! Carry on having fun special boy and please continue to let us know about your amazing achievements. Kiss of love.gif Kiss of love.gif Kiss of love.gif
neilmarion1

Post by neilmarion1 »

I had an exciting time last week. I went with Mum and Dad for a night away at a pub called the Jack Russell. It is in a village called Faccombe. It is only a small village but is very smart and pretty (bit like me really). We stayed in a room in a courtyard called the Doghouse, which was appropriate for a courtyard attached to a pub called the Jack Russell. It would have been even better if the pub had been called the Patterdale but you can't have everything, I suppose, and after all, one of my best doggy friends in Ottershaw Park is a Jack Russell called Jack. The room was nice and roomy (hee, hee) and I had my own bed with me so I could move between it and Mum and Dad's bed in the night. We went for a little walk round the village before supper. It has a duckpond just opposite the pub and I enjoyed watching the ducks and the coots and moorhens. Then we sat at a table in the garden and Mum and Dad shared a bottle of wine. It was really relaxing sitting in the evening sun and then a big black dog came into the garden and that made me angry and I snarled and barked at it and wanted to kill it and got taken and left in the room so that Mum and Dad could have their meal in peace. I didn't really mind and just went to sleep on my bed until they came back after supper.
In the morning, we came home and, once again, I enjoyed the journey in the car. It's nice to be home but I did enjoy my little holiday.
heleny

Post by heleny »

Oh Chase, that pub and the village sound so lovely. What a lucky boy you are! I'm so glad you didn't kill that dog but I am glad you were fierce enough to let him know that you are not to be trifled with.
Carry on enjoying this wonderful summer with your amazing family. x Kiss of love.gif
neilmarion1

Post by neilmarion1 »

Gosh, wasn't it hot last week?! By the second day, I was really fed up and grumpy. When I grumped at Mum, she shut me in the kitchen. That was quite nice, actually, 'cos the window was wide open and the floor was nice and cool. So I lay down and went to sleep until I was let out.
A week or so earlier, Mum had seen from the weather forecast that there was going to be very hot weather and she bought me a doggy paddling pool. This allows Mum to stand in the water to cool her ankles. Sometimes she offers me a sweetie when she's cooling her ankles. Then I jump in the water to get the sweetie.....and jump straight out again afterwards. I will also jump in to get one of my balls but I don't linger long.
The first annoying thing that happened when it was very hot was that the electricity went off. When this happened, the house next door's burglar alarm went off and didn't stop ringing for ages and ages - even when I barked at it. Then the electricity came back on for a bit, which was a relief. Then the alarm went off again in the middle of the night and woke me up. The man next door says he is going to get the burglar alarm people to come and take it away. Good.
The second annoying thing that happened was that the water main burst under a road near us and we had no water from half past six on Saturday morning until four o'clock in the afternoon. Dad was very clever and bought some water in little bottles at Waitrose so I had plenty to drink.
Everything seems back to normal now. I hope it stays that way.
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

sounds like you're one happy little boy despite a few minor irritations and the hot weather - good idea lying on the kitchen floor - mum knows best----chase xxx
neilmarion1

Post by neilmarion1 »

20220718_180755 (1).jpg
This is me in my paddling pool.

CompressJPEG.Online_100kb_84423~2.jpg
This is me at the Jack Russell in the doghouse with a chainsaw sculpture.
heleny

Post by heleny »

Brilliant photos and how lovely to see your cute little face again! Sounds like it is a good thing you are there to keep an eye on things - burst water pipes etc. - I am so glad you kept your cool and I am sure you helped sort it all out.
I often think of you as I walk through the woods with some of your ex-friends and I always have a warm feeling in my heart knowing how happy you are in your new home - you were always such a happy, optimistic little dog in kennels. Kiss of love.gif
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Chase, so pleased to see this update. thank you Neil and Marion.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”