Barney Shar Pei x Frenchie DofB 30.04.18 Crawley

Dogs that have found their forever home
PaulB

Re: Barney Shar Pei x Frenchie DofB 30.04.18 Maidenbower Temp Foster

Post by PaulB »

How lovely to hear from you Barney!

It's always nice to have an update and I'm particularly loving your smiley photo. 🤗
running and throwing himself into shoulder rolls like he's James Bond
I have seen this for myself and can confirm it's hilarious!
CorinneB

Post by CorinneB »

20220725_195425.jpg
Look at that face Kiss of love.gif

Barney and I have been having such a lovely time these last couple of weeks and, as always, Barney has proved to be an absolute super star and fully embraced new challenges.

I'd say the biggest of all being the last trip to the vet for his vaccinations. He was so brave, didn't growl or flinch and even let Mark look inside his ears! On previous visits, he's not let the vet look in the ears so I've provided photos instead ... what a massive turnaround and in only 3 visits bravo1.gif

We were stuck in the flat for a while as I had covid so as soon as I tested negative, I threw a few bits in my van and headed down to the beach for a couple of days. Barney loves paddling through the puddles but wasn't so keen on going near the actual sea, favouring instead to relax on the sand for a bit of people watching.
20220424_124503.jpg
You can rub my belly if you want :D
You can rub my belly if you want :D

We had a lovely stroll along the seafront and then headed to a local pub where we enjoyed the rest of the evening in the pub garden. Barney behaved impeccably; relaxing under the table and ignoring all the people (it was very busy) and not begging for food.

We spent the night in the campervan and then the next day sheltered from the heat in my friend's beach house where Barney enjoyed the company of his mate, Ripley the excitable cockapoo.

Once cool enough, the new longline was attached and off we set again for sniffs and rolls along the seafront.

Barney is an absolute delight and a lovely companion; he really does deserve his forever home.
Are you sure I look cute in this tie?!
Are you sure I look cute in this tie?!
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Thank you for the updates. Barney is looking a very different and much happier boy :goodjob.gif: :nicethread.gif:
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Anna_and_Niall

Post by Anna_and_Niall »

What lovely updates, Barney is obviously thriving with your care. Fingers crossed his family is just around the corner!
Mon&Chris

Post by Mon&Chris »

Wow, Corinne, what an amazing update! Barney's looking stunning! 0093.gif :goodjob.gif:
CorinneB

Post by CorinneB »

He looks like he's having happy dreams right now 😴
20220727_153719.jpg
Every so often his little tail starts to wag 🥰
anne

Re: Barney Shar Pei x Frenchie DofB 30.04.18 RRemedies Centre

Post by anne »

It has been lovely to catch up with Barney. He has benefitted so much from being in foster and he is taking being back in kennels like a champ. He doesn't ask for much but he does like a quiet life, spending time alongside his human friends, relaxing, walking and just enjoying life at his gentle pace.
barney120220803_123321.jpg
PaulB

Re: Barney Shar Pei x Frenchie DofB 30.04.18 RRemedies Centre

Post by PaulB »

Barney was number two on my list today - he is so easy going and a complete sweetie.

CorinneB

Post by CorinneB »

I got the biggest, bounciest welcome from Barney when I returned to the kennels after having been away for a few weeks. And this is the thing to know about Barney ... once he knows you; he loves you 🥰🥰🥰

He was even more excited when he realised he was coming home with me. Just look at that grin when he hopped in my car woo.gif]
20220822_151948.jpg
Barney truly is the most loveliest of dogs; so gentle and non-demanding, loyal and loving. Is he a dog who will snuggle up with you on the sofa? Not really, but he likes to be close by and gives the best kisses in the morning Kiss of love.gif Kiss of love.gif

He can be left at home for a few hours, is nondestructive and settles quickly (I keep an eye via doggycam). He gives you the best wiggles when you return and then initiates play with his favourite toy(s).

You came back! I'll grab my toy!
You came back! I'll grab my toy!

We've had another lovely week together and I feel very lucky that Barney is sharing his big heart with me whilst patiently waiting for his forever home. Hopefully he won't have to wait too much longer :crossfingers.gif:
20220827_011705.jpg
CorinneB

Post by CorinneB »

Another week with the beautiful Barney who continues to show how so ready he is for his forever home.

I'm not sure there's anything else I can add that hasn't already been said so I'll let this week's photos do the talking ...

Erm, did I hear rustling?
Erm, did I hear rustling?

Pretty certain I heard something!
Pretty certain I heard something!

You know I can see those raspberries, right?!
You know I can see those raspberries, right?!

I absolutely love this boy (as does everyone who knows him). love4.gif I know his person is out there somewhere and what a lucky person they'll be with Barney as their best bud and companion. (As long as they share their fruit!) roflmao.gif

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”