Sully (Sullivan) Cane Corso DofB 16.05.18 RRemedies Centre

Mastiffs that are available for adoption
xxlynne

Sully (Sullivan) Cane Corso DofB 16.05.18 RRemedies Centre

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Available
sully1DSCF7445b.jpg
Sully's Story: Sully was sold and manifest fear reactions on transfer and his new family needed to find him a Rescue place within 48 hours, He was unsettled on his walks and with then got concerned in the home. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Sully is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Sully is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If interested in rehoming one of our dogs, the first step is to complete and submit our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. We do not discuss dogs without a homing questionnaire submission. You must be ready and sadly due to unprecedented interest, we will only be able to contact you if we have a suitable dog. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum Adoption Donation is £250 (£400 for pup under 1 yr old). This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
sully2DSCF2970.jpg
sully3DSCF2974.jpg
sully4DSCF2976.jpg
sully5DSCF2982.jpg
sully6DSCF2987.jpg
sully9DSCF2992a.jpg
Sully's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Urgent plea from family with one child who have had Sully less than 2 days so in a very unsettled state: "Looking for a new experienced home for sully. I’ve only had him a couple days and I hate to do this to him but he’s not safe to be around my family. He was completely missold to me. I was told that he was reactive to dogs on walks but have since found out he’s 'aggressive' towards dogs, people, bikes. He’s lunges towards them and barks and snarls. I was not told this. I was told he was fine in the house which he was until this morning when he went for my partner for no apparent reason. He needs 1on1 as he gets jealous. I don’t think he’s a bad dog but obviously he has bigger problems then what I’ve been told and I can’t put my child in danger. I need him gone ASAP. He needs someone who’s going to put the work in so no time wasters. Thank you".

Sullivan comes into us on the 29th June 2021
Sullivan.jpg
xxlynne

Re: Sully (Sullivan) Cane Corso DofB 16.05.18 Comes tomorrow

Post by xxlynne »

Sully has arrived into our care.

What we know about Sully: In Dec/ Jan 2020 he came into a large Rescue. He was 18 months old and had had prolonged crating and had urine burns and was covered in his own faeces. He was homed to a lady who found him reactive to dogs outside and she wasn't comfortable to mix with her grandchildren. Sully was rehomed to another family who again stated he would lunge at other dogs. He was advertised and taken on by a couple who had a child. They had Sully for 48 hours and then pleaded for help. Sully had come with a muzzle and was lunging at other dogs, bicycles and people. They were nervous with a child in the house. We agreed to take Sully. We was placed into temp. kennels. Sully arrived, was frightened and confused so when the transporter came to collect he was displaying concern. A vet provided sedation and so he was collected this morning and delivered into our care.

Sully was still wobbly on his legs but we decided to take him straight to our vets to get his booster done whilst he was still subdued. Here is Anna walking him before jumping into transport with Paige for a vet trip.

Our vet found him a softy and gave him his booster and on the way back he was less drossy. Sully was well received back and enjoyed a photoshoot with Anne and further walks meeting us with Jude, myself and Ross. Sully then went into his kennel knowing he is amongst friends. We are hoping Sully settles and receives us well tomorrow after he has slept off his busy day.
anne

Re: Sully (Sullivan) Cane Corso DofB 16.05.18 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

sully8DSCF2997.jpg
sully10DSCF2990.jpg
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

Beautiful photos love4.gif
So, so happy that Sully has arrived and is now safe in the care of RR.
I was lucky enough to meet this beautiful boy today love4.gif obviously a very busy and overwhelming day for him but upon meeting I crouched down and he came in for a little cuddle, then we had a short wander and again he was happy to receive fusss every now and again.
Back at kennels Sully spotted Paige, Anna and Sarah having their break, I'm going to say he's already decided that they are his best friends, pulling towards them to say hello and so I left this beautiful boy, enjoying the attention, lying at Lynnes feet watching all the comings and goings of kennel life.
Oh course I couldn't resist going to say goodbye to Sully before I left, unfortunately I was all out of treats, but I did get a waggy tail and that lovely recognition, that's enough for me and I cannot wait to spend more time with this amazing boy.
Sully has already wormed his way into my heart Kiss of love.gif
RosC

Post by RosC »

Sully was a lovely boy to walk today. We saw a couple of dogs at a fair distance and he stopped and stared but no barking today.
Loved a stroke and was a bit of a diva around the mud, tiptoeing around it!
A couple of times he dug his heels in and made it quite clear he did not want to go on but responded well to being spoken to in a silly voice and off we went 0002.gif]
He walks really well and doesnt pull on the lead and enjoyed sniffing the undergrowth on the common.
Back on site he was pleased to see Lynne and the staff at the table but did lunge towards one of the other dogs who was close up and giving him a few words but no shouting back on reply today.
I hope he overcomes his nerves around other dogs and starts to settle on all the nice walks he will be getting. A very handsome boy who will hopefully settle in love4.gif
Dani

Post by Dani »

Sounds like he has had a very eventful life for such a young dog .He is now safe thankfully .
Looking forward to hearing about Sully updates .
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Sully has had a truly lovely day. I learnt last night Sully has a very loud bark and he didn't settle until about 2.30 am. Today Sully's tail has wagged with every encounter and had enjoyed paddock time as well a gentle walk within the grounds. The staff have been going in to him and cuddling him and he has eaten well and is presenting as happy and inquisitive. He has done really well exercising side by side other dogs and NOT reactionary. (Our paddock have a joint fence where dogs can meet, see, smell but such is the 'prison fencing' they can't touch). Sully is hot on squirrels and you have to be prepared for his launch. We are exercising on the kennel grounds to allow him to build confidence passing dogs and avoiding any off lead encounters at this stage. Slowly slowly
Eggyem

Post by Eggyem »

I was very pleased to meet and walk Sully yesterday, what a handsome boy he is love4.gif I was warned of his strength and love of squirrels. Although strong I am used to walker the bigger breeds so found him easy to walk, he didn't pull we just had a leisurely stroll in the woods. He spotted one squirrel and although showed interest it was easily controllable and with a lets go he carried on. He loves to drop and roll in the grass and have some belly rubs. It's safe to say I am in love and look forward to more walks and getting to know thus lovely big lump Kiss of love.gif
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

It has been lovely getting to know Sully, lovely big dog vibe. He is a kind dog at heart who loves a cuddle. More to learn about him but I have enjoyed meeting him.
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

I met Sully when he first arrived 2 weeks ago and fell a little bit in love with this beautiful boy love4.gif unfortunately I couldn't make walking last week so was not expecting Sully to remember me today but I reckon he did from the welcome he gave me in his kennel thumbs.gif
Sully wears a muzzle, but he wears it well and was so kind when I faffed a little when fitting it,he eventually realised we were going nowhere without it and just stood still whilst making a face telling me to get in with it thumbs.gif
Once out and about Sully is a little unsure, stopping regularly for reassurance and every time I crouched down and called his name he came in for a big old cuddle, yes he has me very well trained.
We stuck to the grounds today and walking past the paddock Sully spotted Eugene enjoying cuddles with Emma and he was absolutely mesmerised, no naughtiness, he was just super curious, happy to sit and just be thumbs.gif
Really looking forward to spending more time with Sully and getting to know him Kiss of love.gif

Return to “Our Marvellous Mastiffs”