Jinx Red Fell Terrier. DofB 01.01.17 Bicester Oxon

Dogs that have found their forever home
Nucasol

Re: Jinx Red Fell Terrier. DofB 01.01.17 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Nucasol »

Having not taken the Jinxster out since the end of May, it was brilliant taking him out today and seeing the real progress that the team have made with him. Jinx was much calmer when it came to getting him leashed up ready for walking and, although he wasn’t keen to go too far, progress was a lot quicker than before. What really shone through was that Jinx is a lot more tactile now and really enjoys a pat and scratch. We ended up rounding off the session with some paddock time and Jinx was happy to just potter about in his own time. Delighted to see a lot more of the real Jinx today and really looking forward to continuing to see his progress.
Nucasol

Post by Nucasol »

With Jinx often reluctant to go too far from the grounds, we’ve been walking him solo for the past few attempts. Today felt like one of those breakthrough days. Jinx did the first part of the walk offsite and made it as far as he has done with us. Returning we had some paddock time and then some more walks around the ground.

More than before, Jinx was calm and decided to take his own route. By going with his flow, it made it a lot smoother, with less stop and start.

Jinx’s character has begun to really come out and we played chase with a squeaky bone, which sent him sprinting up and down. However, I think he’s forgotten how to play and seemed embarrassed when he had, almost like he did something wrong! With some reassurance though he started walking again and it’ll be good to see how this evolves. Most of all, he is an extremely affectionate dog. He loves to be patted and at one point had Rach and I both stroking him. Today he put paws on my chest and licked my face, so even after a few walks he does start to form a more trusting bond. He really is a super little dog who, with a slow and steady introduction to home life, will undoubtedly thrive.
Nucasol

Post by Nucasol »

For the last few weeks we’ve been taking Jinx out on his own but, having seen him do a recent walk with Trevor, we decided to give him an outing with Bruno. Knowing both can often be slow walkers, both were actually pretty active today with motivation coming in the form of squeaky toys and sausages.

Jinx is such an affectionate dog and really showed that side today. Less bothered than Bruno by squeaky toys, he was happier having cuddles and at one point actually hopped up on my knee to lick my face. With a little bit of rain coming down, I opened up the boot to get my jacket which Jinx saw as the sign to jump straight in! Having a good mooch around, he managed to find an old Lily’s Kitchen packet and shred it for any remaining treats, before ragging my gardening gloves about.

As a Fell Terrier fan, I have a massive soft spot for Jinx and, with his very sad back story, you can’t help but love him. He’s really starting to open up now and what a terrific little dog he is. He’s going to be a fantastically loyal and loving companion to the someone who eventually takes him.

1171F93B-E9CB-43D3-A088-52D3C13928ED.jpeg
D66C55C6-FDDA-4DE1-8F75-5284DACF1FDA.jpeg
C68C4DC8-FF7B-4E75-AB25-7E438534F547.jpeg
F3B60FF6-9576-4605-82C0-5F87626AC24A.jpeg
5B5EDCC2-6E1A-44FC-AB40-5C22C14D2FF5.jpeg
7B162C3A-229F-4572-B88D-A45CE49785E6.jpeg
74837787-C192-4B42-B330-8119FA4E01A3.jpeg
Nucasol

Post by Nucasol »

After last week’s successful progress with the Jinxster, it was more of the same as we paired him up with Bruno. Jinx was fantastically forward focused and his walking continues to improve. Getting to the car, we now let him pop into the boot where he was met with a smorgasbord of squeaky toys. Despite a little gnaw at a bone, Jinx is a lot more of a people person and spent the majority of the time being stroked or trying to lick my face.

The more time you spend with Jinx, the more you appreciate him. He’s an extremely loving little chap and unlike many of the other terriers, I’ve been able to pick him up and carry him from virtually our first meeting, despite a very difficult start to his life. Jinx appears largely dog agnostic when out of his run, with little interest as he focuses on his own business. It’s a pleasure taking him on his walks and getting to earn his trust.

641590FE-A8F6-497E-8547-19942B6C7B4A.jpeg
D0218E92-4FBD-4A6C-AB79-61DD646B91C2.jpeg
2262370F-B85F-4FEF-AFCE-DFB56C4AD5DF.jpeg
BCAA2AA7-62FA-4B58-9716-126CBC924693.jpeg
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

yes we have to echo previous comments and say jinxy is an improving v friendly dog - once hes out of his kennel he calms completely down and walked v nicely with betty spencer & mika all enjoying a communal walk - in the past it has often been difficult to get him too far away from the kennels but thenlast two times he has strode out on long walks yes occasionally he needs chivvying along but he seems to really enjoy being out and was espec happy following betty on most of the walk - he is becoming a firm sunday favourite with us
IMG_4666.JPG
Nucasol

Post by Nucasol »

Sir Jinxalot continues to astound and amaze. Even as recently as a month ago, this fabulous Fell did not really want to make his way off the grounds and had to be coaxed heavily with treats even to do some laps of the grounds. However, this is no longer the case, with Jinx more than happy to do a long walk with fellow previous Reluctant Walker Bruno all around Horley estate, taking in routes of all kinds and dealing superbly with a series of day-to-day challenges.

I'm so proud of Jinx for how he's settled in and progressed and with all his other amazing qualities, he'll be a brilliant dog for a number of different types of people, particularly with his very affectionate nature. Jinx did brilliantly with off-leash dogs, showing no reaction and being very polite with the Frenchies, Cockerpoos and other rescue Jack Russell he came into contact with, ticking another potential box for future life outside of rescue. He is extremely inquisitive, nose to ground enjoying a good sniff most of the way around, and likes to mark his territory with plenty of piddling and kicking up of grass. Every week I look forward to seeing his progress but feel that his forever home is not far away.

76B6D9A5-7DA6-4C5E-B947-1A86C5CB7362.jpeg
9F0C20C1-9A3E-4CF7-A103-5B767CC79FF8.jpeg
18751BE6-E58B-4625-A2B9-53A9D5F1F576.jpeg
2FDDC04E-5419-47D2-915B-37D069EBD29D.jpeg
Elaine.scott1

Post by Elaine.scott1 »

It has been a while since I walked Jinx, he is so much calmer coming out of his kennel, he didn't want to walk with his toy today. We had a lovely wander around the woods and down the lane, Jinx takes treats very gently, he is such a sweetheart, I do hope that he gets a chance to find his forever home Heart fill with love.gif]
Nucasol

Post by Nucasol »

The Jinx and Bruno bromance continued this Sunday, with the lads paired up again to head up to Horley. Jinx was slightly slower to start than previous outings, which required a bit of 'lift and shift' to take him up the bridle path. Jinx is comfortable being handled and enjoyed the belly rubs and scratches as we moved further up the track. Finding his walking paws, he decided where to take us and we made it to the river where we decided to splash into the middle with Bruno, who was heating up a little in the warm sunshine.

Up into the village and Jinx didn't take too kindly to the hydraulics of one of the nearby buses, which got him slightly agitated. However, back away from the road, he perked up again. We then bumped into two Cockerpoos off-leash who promptly charged over to introduce themselves in a friendly way to Jinx and Bruno. Jinx in particular coped really well, having a good sniff or two of both dogs and then moving on, with no kerfuffle or fuss. Back to the kennels and we watched as Bruno got his reward of a squeaky toy, whilst Jinx polished off his sausage treat. Every week Jinx gets calmer and more settled and I really think he'll be an amazing asset to any house.

370432AD-C821-4A77-B15F-7E034DF44A12.jpeg
43130E3B-E138-4C97-9B4E-6EEB1956595F.jpeg
2989C22F-387B-4D6F-833C-48F423C21C79.jpeg
Tricia B

Post by Tricia B »

Jinx has changed such a lot for the better he enjoys his walk a lot calmer just a good all rounder.Walks past dogs ok nothing seems to worry him i have been walking him since he arrived at R R so i can see the change
Nucasol

Post by Nucasol »

Saturday means one thing - Jinx time! This weekend, Mr Jinx was providing his sage terrier guidance to young pup Rolo as we took a stroll around the woods. Nose to the ground, our redoubtable Fell led the way and showed the youngster how to enjoy your time in the woods to the max. Jinx was happy to wander through long grass, bushes and into the stream as we enjoyed the early evening sunshine that had broken through the grey cloudy blanket that seems to have enveloped south-east England this summer. Jinx's walking is now impeccable and he just seems a really relaxed chap. Obviously we had to sneak in a cuddle or two, which is no problem as Mr J is quite happy being picked up. Jinx also loves a treat or two and is slowly coming to terms with the fact a spot of nice manners ("sit Mr Jinx") is the guaranteed way to get one. Another lovely weekend with Mr J and roll on the next one.

22BF9AE9-C3A9-40DC-B9B4-7A8BB29EB6B6.jpeg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”