Tye Ambull DofB 2010 Dormansland

Dogs that have found their forever home
SarahW

Re: Tye Ambull DofB 2010 Gatwick Kenns

Post by SarahW »

Tye came for his fourth-weekend sleep over with me and as ever he was a delight to have around. He is a gentle soul at heart with a bit of bulldog stubborness and oodles of charm.

He now travels in the front seat of the car as he doesn't settle in my boneshaker of a little car. He has no trouble with the harness clipped in the seatbelt adaptor. He loves putting his head out of the window, but only a little bit. I think any more would be a bit raucous for him. :biggrin.gif:

As I wrote previously he struggles with my stairs but they are very narrow and steep. He is quite old for an Am Bull but is still strong. One of the best things about foster time is that he really loves his walks. I will introduce him to my friend's old Staffy who has met a few fosters before. Tody is a really calm dog so I want them to meet. We know Tye has kennel buddies but it will help to see what he is like with stranger dogs.

This boy wants for so little, he never demands attention but gently asks for a head scratch or lies next to me. He lets me brush him, wipe his tear streaks and even put some nose butter on his schnoz, but that requires treats most definitely.

Here is Tye pottering around mine and enjoying the sun.
tt.jpg
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
renatatlek

Post by renatatlek »

Oh, that's so nice to see Tye enjoying his weekends with you, Sarah!

I loved walking with him again yesterday after a few weeks. We went a bit further than usual, which was a nice surprise. Came across some long grass and Tye was a bit taken back, wondering when it all grew, haha, needed some reassurance, and then carried on. After a bit of play in the paddock he led me to the little stream and enjoyed getting muddy there. Missed this boy a lot!

20220514_133136.jpg
Renata&Norbert
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Tye has come to stay for a few days while I am off work.

Last night he slept on the bed for the first time. He grows more affectionate and relaxed with each stay. love4.gif

SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Tye had a great long walk today. He gets so excited when he sees me head to the front door🙂. We walked a good hour, he got a bit tired towards the end but he loved every minute!

He doesn't walk far at the kennels so it is a pleasure to see him walk so far.

Tye is such a sweet old boy, he doesn't need much to be contented.

SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Well Tye has been on form walking on his foster breaks. Yesterday I met a couple of friends for their usual dog walk. He walked for 2 hours!!! He loved it, not any easy walk either - hills, wet grass, muddy paths etc. He can still pull on a walk and sometimes loses his footing, but at his age it is very impressive!

He walked with 3 dogs, A Vizla, Jackchi and a Greyhound/Saluki and 2 humans. It made for quite a unique pack...

The little Jackchi, Nelly, decided to dive-bombed us a few times. She never got too brave or close and I probably overacted but Tye was cool. He got barked at by some other on-lead dogs and not a peep out of him, while the other 3 dogs in our pack barked back! Tye showed what a well-mannered, cool dude he is. I didn't let the dogs meet as there was a bit of barking at the beginning, I think they wondered who we were tagging along on their walk! By the end, he was walking much closer and I think Nelly wanted to say hello by the end. I will walk him again with his new friends.

He was much more affectionate with me this weekend. At one point he laid on me on the sofa. He is heavier than he looks. But I was enjoying it so much I didn't move. It is like he has decided and I someone he can trust and that has been over a few weekends. In a forever home he would be utterly adorable and soppy I reckon.

He really did not want to go back to his kennel yesterday when I dropped him off. He is a cracking dog and no bother. I would home him if I didn't have so many stairs. It is not fair on him to have to go up and down stairs for a wee break. But I will keep fostering him when I can and hoping someone can give him the retirement home he deserves.

Beccastj

Post by Beccastj »

Lovely Tye. We have an arrangement, so he gives me a bark each time he’s ready for me to throw the ball.
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

So so happy to see Tye having these little breaks from kennels, he is such a dear old soul xxx
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Darling Tye becomes more affectionate each visit. Adorable!
20220605_130148.jpg
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Tye came to stay on Thursday and Friday night. He is such a clever lad, he knows my car, and loves going out in it. He adores his walks, be it on his own, or with doggy companions. He grows more affectionate in his sweet, considerate way.

He did toy guard on his first stay. Now he knows me better I decided to reintroduce toys on this last stay. I completely ignored him and his toy the first night, he would go to pick it up if I was walking near him. However, I did point it out to him if it wasn't near to him. I think he now understands that these precious things are his, and his alone. By the end of his stay, I was even able to pick it up his toy in order to make his bed and put it back without him showing any stress.

Tye is such a great dog, he is smart and communicates well. Fully house-trained, and so easy in the house.

Please consider Tye, ok he is old for an Am Bull but he makes you treasure life in his company. He needs a retirement home without stairs, which unfortunately I can't offer him or I would home him, but I know there is a fab home out there for him.

In the last video here, you can see the hamburger toy that he loves!

renatatlek

Post by renatatlek »

I think foster breaks helped Tye develop his confidence a lot! Last Saturday I thought I would take him out for a short walk as he had just come back from a break with Sarah. He spotted Mika and just followed him all the way to the woodland path (I had never been able to go that far with him :-)), and we went for a proper long walk. We came across some bars on a bridge which Tye couldn't or didn't want to jump over so he climbed under them with the help of some treats :-).

When around the car park, Tye was very quick to find Sarah's car and walked around it a few times, wondering why I wouldn't open the door and just let him in!
When it was time to go back to the kennels Tye went on strike and it took a long while and three women, haha, plus loooots of sausage treats to get him back. He is very clever and knows what's best for him. I so hope he can find his retirement home soon, deserves it so much!

20220702_124022.jpg

20220702_121924.jpg

20220702_115654.jpg
Renata&Norbert

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”