Bond Staffie x Collie DofB 25.04.12 Gatwick

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Bond Staffie x Collie DofB 25.04.12 Gatwick

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
bond1DSCF1444a.jpg
Bond's Story: Bond was found abandoned and unclaimed within a Welsh council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Bond is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Bond is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If interested in rehoming one of our dogs, the first step is to complete and submit our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. We do not discuss dogs without a homing questionnaire submission. You must be ready and sadly due to unprecedented interest, we will only be able to contact you if we have a suitable dog. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum Adoption Donation is £250 (£400 for pup under 1 yr old). This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
bond2DSCF1457a.jpg
bond3DSCF1447a.jpg
bond4DSCF1459.jpg
bond5DSCF1461a.jpg
bond6DSCF1451.jpg
Bond's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: 9.3.21: I don’t suppose you have room for one more! I have a 9y.o staffie x, not keen on dogs but super friendly. Neutered and fully vacc’d x
Bond.jpg
Bond arrived in our Rescue 12th March 21
Annette9

Re: Bond Staffiex Collie DofB 25.04.12 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Annette9 »

I met Bond today for the first time and I received a lovely welcome with a happy tail wag. Bond then waited patiently for me to clip the leads on. He is very easy to walk, looks for guidance, no pulling, just happy to be out and about :dog_running-186.gif: He isn't keen for other dogs to get too close and will bark. :dog-115.gif: once back, he brought me some of his toys, he was so adorable, I just had to stay with him a bit longer. He is a very sweet, gentle boy.
xxlynne

Re: Bond Staffiex Collie DofB 25.04.12 Stevenage

Post by xxlynne »

(Since returned)
Nikki and her parents came to meet Bond today. Bond was very Barky. He walked with Ace the greyhound and was focused all the time. Nikki, Jill and Paul were very taken with Bond's plight and really wanted to offer him a home, and will work with him to try and destress him.
IMG_6971.JPG
IMG_6969.JPG
IMG_6972 (1).JPG
NikkiCotterell

Post by NikkiCotterell »

Bond is such a gorgeous natured boy, we are loving having him here! He's made himself at home already which is so great to see! He wanted to sleep in my bed lastnight which was lovely, he took up half the bed 😂 but he was very comfy and slept through the night. ☺️ No accidents so far which is great. Went for a lovely walk today, he was having a good sniff and we managed to avoid any dogs. He's been snoozing the majority of the time with his little snore which is super cute! Thankyou to everyone that made it possible to have adopted this boy, I'm so glad he's home with us and happy 😊❤️
IMG_20210320_074218.jpg
IMG_20210319_212301.jpg
ClaireM

Post by ClaireM »

That’s lovely news. Glad to hear he’s already settling. Have a happy life in your new home k2727.gif
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Thank you Nikki so lovely to see you on the Forum so soon! Went back to Bond's original Rescue and they said

"Aww fab, he came to us January this year, had been taken to the vets to be pts for growling at the young child: Vets rung us and we said we’d take him. He’s been a perfect gent while in our care. x L "
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Bond has come back on to our books and we are hoping to home him from Stevenage as he really doesn't need kennels. NB We are full to bursting with dogs losing lives for sake of a kennel space. We have to honour our waiting list and emergencies.

Bond has been perfect in the home but yes he can get barky when he see other dogs due to nerves. he doesnt redirect and a behaviourist has stated it can be worked with but it will take time. Bond need low dog density and initially walking at less busy times.
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

5995F296-2212-48CC-8139-07992825D015.jpeg
EFE94A48-B823-49E4-A4EF-92E6D177FDBB.jpeg
FFAE5A49-9B1F-47E4-AED1-E952681264A3.jpeg
3C6DE401-03BF-4C09-A530-5E26C2AD3724.jpeg
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

Lovely photos - he's a very handsome chap!
xxlynne

Re: Bond Staffiex Collie DofB 25.04.12 Gatwick kenns

Post by xxlynne »

"The names BOND!"

We are all delighted to have Bond back amongst us. He reminds us all what a gentle gentle dog he is. Yes with dogs he is shaken and a little stirred... but he is lovely with it and just needs a family who accepts his nerves; they obviously stem from his history PTSD from a past mission! We are looking for low dog density and a family prepared to walk in quieter times. We always say within the Rescue in most families most of your time is within your home and garden if you have. We will continue to work with Bond but there is an acceptance he feels scared and threatened by other dogs and has some concern around moving traffic. He is an easy chap all told and his family will want to support him but not try to change him, cure him or muddle with his mind. He is pure, and simple and very loving. He is a handsome boy he wants a quiet life when he isn't on his mission! positivo1.gif Do you?

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”