Jupiter Dobie xCollie DofB 03.01.19 RRemedies Centre

Other breeds that are available for adoption
xxlynne

Jupiter Dobie xCollie DofB 03.01.19 RRemedies Centre

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Available
jupiter1DSCF1636a.jpg
Jupiter's Story: Jupiter was found abandoned and apparently grew up with druggies. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Jupiter is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Jupiter is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If interested in rehoming one of our dogs, the first step is to complete and submit our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. We do not discuss dogs without a homing questionnaire submission. You must be ready and sadly due to unprecedented interest, we will only be able to contact you if we have a suitable dog. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum Adoption Donation is £250 (£400 for pup under 1 yr old). This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
jupiter2DSCF1637.jpg
jupiter1DSCF1738a.jpg
jupiter2DSCF1740a.jpg
Jupiter's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: 18.02.21: Hi Lynne, I know you said you may have a couple of spaces so hoping this is still the case! Firstly we have Jupiter who is about 18 months, he does have issues but with time he'll come on fine. On the whole he's fine, he's a Dobi x, very handsome and can be lovely. The issues we have with him is he's not keen on men, he doesn't like anyone grabbing his collar quickly, usually when he knows we are putting him to bed! Loves his walks, plays ball all day, selective with dogs and not to cats. I have so many dogs here we just don't have time to work with him. Lx WWP

Jupiter arrived 12th March 21
Jupiter.jpeg
anne

Re: Jupiter Collie x DofB 03.01.19 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

I had the pleasure of meeting Jupiter yesterday. I entered his kennel and waited to see how Jupiter was with me but I need not have worried as he was keen to make friends straight away. He leant against my legs and was happy to receive gentle stokes around his head and ears. We headed out and he was happy to make friends with Annette too, so I handed her the leads so I could take some photos. Jupiter was happy to be out and he was full of youthful energy, doing little bounces. He does walk well on the lead though, and we were both charmed by him.
anne

Post by anne »

I had a lovely walk with Jupiter this morning. He is so pleased to be out that he does little happy jumps. He then settles and takes his time to have a good sniff around as he walks along. He was fine walking with 2 of our terriers this morning. He seemed very interested in what they were doing but made it clear that he did not want them too close.
jupiter1DSCF1650.jpg
jupiter2DSCF1652.jpg
jupiter3DSCF1653.jpg
jupiter4DSCF1654.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

jupiter3DSCF1743.jpg
jupiter4DSCF1745.jpg
jupiter5DSCF1746.jpg
Karen25

Post by Karen25 »

I think this bouncy boy should have been called Tiger. He is so happy to be out of his kennel that he bounces along until he realises that he can be walking and exploring instead. He has a gentle nature and loves the company of humans. We met a horse whilst out and he did quite well just one bark as it past. Probably the first time he has ever seen one. He also loves to roll, especially if it smells interesting. 0002.gif] . Although he is young and full of life he listens to his human and is eager to please. Gorgeous boy.
anne

Post by anne »

Jupiter is a delight. He is young and bouncy and inquisitive but walks well on the lead and listens and responds really well while out and about. He does like a roll in something smelly though and looks very pleased with himself when he is done. 0002.gif]
jupiter1DSCF1754.jpg
jupiter2DSCF1757.jpg
jupiter3DSCF1761.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

I am enjoying my walks with Jupiter. He is very relaxed out walking and keen to explore and investigate his surroundings. Jupiter is very responsive to me and while he is very interested in any dogs we pass, he does not over fuss. Every now and again he picks up something interesting and will carry it for a while and/or test its destructibility. He soon loses interest though and finds somewhere to place his treasure before moving on. He will roll in something smelly given the opportunity but it is easy to distract him away without fuss.
jupiter1DSCF1828a.jpg
jupiter2DSCF1829.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Jupiter was a gold star dog today. He was fully tested as we passed people, dogs, horse and rider, lots of cyclists, traffic (including big lorries and a tractor) and we walked under the motorway (noisy) and back over the motorway(noisy and exposed) He was interested in everything but did not get over excited or jumpy at all. Occasionally he needs a bit of reassurance but mostly he takes everything in his stride. He did find a few unsuitable treasures along the way (a big lump of mud, a huge branch and a bag of rubbish) but a firm 'leave' and he was ok to let it go and move on. He is a smart boy and learns very quickly and is super responsive. All in all he is a smashing boy. love4.gif
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

My first walk with Jupiter today, having said hello to him a few times previously in his kennel. He let me harness him ok and I was fiddling around a bit. What a lively young dog, he is certainly full of the joys of Spring, and very playful. Jupiter sat nicely while horses passed but did pull towards other dogs we met. He is very enthusiastic and thought we would follow them, especially the ones with joggers, but I had other ideas 0002.gif] He can be a bit pully at times, but also walked nicely some of the times. I'm sure Jupiter would benefit from an experienced home, one that will give him an active life and the right training, as he's a bright boy and just needs focus. A lovely dog, I hope he finds the right home soon.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
RosC

Post by RosC »

I have walked Jupiter a couple of times now and he is an absolute sweetheart.
He is meant to be sensitive around his neck but happily allows you to put his harness on over his head and touch his collar to put on leads.
He is young and excitable at times and needs a little lead training as he keeps swapping sides and twisting the leads up 0002.gif]
Apart from that he is so well behaved and appears to have had some training as his sit and wait is impeccable!

Return to “Our Outstanding Rescue Remedies Dogs”