Luna Patterdale Terrier DofB 23.10.17 Monmouth

Dogs that have found their forever home
VeganLaura

Re: Luna Patterdale Terrier DofB 23.10.17 Gatwick Kenns

Post by VeganLaura »

Luna has so much love to give! I am showered with affection every time I go into her kennel to take her out for her walk 🥰
We always head to the paddock first because she loves to race around and burn off some of her energy 🐕
Yesterday the sun was out and so after a good run, she sat soaking up the warmth☀️before we headed off to the woods for a lovely walk. She is such a sweet girl ❤️
IMG_8479_opt.jpg

IMG_8480_opt.jpg
IMG_8497_opt.jpg
Nucasol

Post by Nucasol »

Having already walked the route with Sarah yesterday, Luna decided to show Rachel the route today. Moving smartly out of the grounds, she became rather infatuated with the two Jack Russells in front who became her mini-pack for the charity walk. Luna handled the mud and puddles with her true terrier tenacity and never let up the whole way around.

Getting back to kennels, it was off with the muzzle and some time spent fussing and getting well deserved chicken sausage treats.

1331D1FB-5456-406A-91B5-CF8BAC40F20F.jpeg
037642B6-8A51-4191-AFFA-74DCC17D1AD2.jpeg
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Another lovely walk with Luna today, she was quite the poser …
8D6B9295-34FB-42D0-8C7C-65EA5665CB19.jpeg
87A641B2-04AB-468D-ABC7-C0E004174091.jpeg
I sat down on a fallen tree and up jumped Luna for a fuss and better view !
5FC9FB21-64DD-44E2-89DB-C65A7244311E.jpeg

Paws up on my knee love4.gif
69DEF3D3-A83E-4BC1-83BE-484B868F944E.jpeg
1A56726A-BA21-4121-A149-D8AFFA470034.jpeg

Such a cutie xxx
82B4E126-30EF-4DC5-B865-8F31E7CD5B3B.jpeg
Kiss of love.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Beccastj

Post by Beccastj »

57C86231-10ED-4351-A80F-E2A6474BA688.jpeg
The gorgeous Luna - loving and fun. She will always be one of my favourites. I can’t understand why she has been overlooked as she’s a top dog!
53776B59-74EE-475C-B0AA-4247ECD9C59B.jpeg
49DE9FC4-9B12-4D82-AE10-B054DC7F75C4.jpeg
heleny

Post by heleny »

Thank you for these photos Beccastj which do indeed show what a pretty, dainty, little girl Princess Luna is. Don't you just love the way her left ear flops down? I think it is about time I concentrated on this little dog to tell the world what a charming little soul she is. She is just so friendly and affectionate - mind you, in the winter mud almost too friendly as I get completely covered in mud when I walk her. She likes to have a sit down and a real cuddle and that is always a muddy affair! love4.gif

Luna has a character all of her own - she either likes you or she doesn't and she makes up her mind almost straight away. That said, she likes most people. In fact, she wants to be everyone's friend. She also loves high value treats so if you do indeed want her to be your friend just offer her some chicken or sausages and see what she thinks of you. love4.gif

Before she came into RR rescue care Luna had not had a very nice life. Now she is here she has friends and walkers who think she is great and she is well looked after. I do think she would prefer a nice, comfy sofa of her own however and hopefully that will come soon. The one thing which needs thinking about with Luna is her dog reactivity - she is small and so this is really not a problem but she doesn't realise she is small and would happily take on any big dog! Reactivity is an issue which is manageable.

She is young and energetic but not too much so. Short walks would be fine for Princess Luna and time spent in a safe, enclosed garden and never off lead when she is out of the garden in public spaces. Like all terriers she is nosey and would go off exploring and chasing squirrels if given the off lead chance so that must never happen.

I think she is an absolute star and time spent with her is time happily spent. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: love4.gif love4.gif
heleny

Post by heleny »

Luna's capacity for love never fails to amaze me. If she likes you then she well and truly loves you, wants to smother you with love (and mud in the winter) and just spend time with you - on your lap, on your shoulder, anywhere but just near you! love4.gif
Yesterday we went for a walk with Lynda who was walking Dougie, another amazing RR patterdale, and although she is often reluctant to walk in the woods, yesterday she was great as she had her little companion to follow. Luna can be reactive to dogs but not RR dogs it would seem. love4.gif
She walks with her muzzle on because we are concerned that if an off lead dog runs up to her she would not be too happy and would react so we keep her safe by the use of the muzzle. Once it is off, on RR grounds, she makes the most of having treats and being rewarded for being such a good girl. love4.gif
It would be a lucky person who takes this dainty, pretty, characterful little dog home - yes, her reactivity needs to be managed, but she would respond to careful management and would repay you with so much affection and good company that you would never be lonely. :smiley-bounce016.gi:
heleny

Post by heleny »

If there were an award for the most loving dog in the rescue (and believe me we have loads and loads of very loving dogs) then Luna would surely be a very strong contender. She really does just smother you with hugs and doggy cuddles from the moment you enter her pen to the moment you drop her off. Of course, like all discerning dogs she likes to know you a bit before she bestows this bounty on you. love4.gif

This week we have had two brilliant walks - Luna likes Dougie so we walk with Dougie and Lynda. Luna does not like all dogs - in fact, she can be very dog reactive and this would have to be managed by the lucky person who takes her home. She is fairly dinky and so this is not that much of a problem to manage but it can be a bit annoying! love4.gif

She wears her muzzle because of this but is happy to do so and it does mean that when the muzzle is off at the end of the walk then she gets lots of treats - she is very treat orientated! love4.gif
Lovely little dog. love4.gif love4.gif
heleny

Post by heleny »

Luna and I had a great walk yesterday with Lynda and new boy Toby. I think Luna thought he was really very nice! She always likes to follow as it unnerves her to have someone behind her and so this is what we do. She trotted after Toby and enjoyed her walk. Once or twice we met dogs in the woods and Luna had to be reminded to be good and to let them pass. She can be dog reactive - very- but she is a little, dinky dog and so it is not difficult to manage her as they walk by. Once back in the woods near the kennels I take her muzzle off and she jumps up for licky kisses and lots of treats. Great little dog - maybe her safe, loving home is just around the corner? :crossfingers.gif:
Nucasol

Post by Nucasol »

The lovely Luna was chaperoned on her walk to Horley by Stan the Man and the pair of them enjoyed a brisk paced trot up the lane, soaking up all the smells and sunshine Saturday had to offer. Luna seemed to enjoy herself, especially on the big fields where her tail never stopped wagging. Despite plenty of dogs being out and about, Luna was extremely dignified and there was a lot less reactivity than previous walks. Always a pleasure to walk this little treasure and highlight was her jumping on my legs to steal some sausage pieces.

3122EA6E-3272-44E1-9F40-02EF2D6E6877.jpeg
5993F508-A944-44AF-BC25-A54685745D13.jpeg
C2DCE059-BAE3-43B8-924D-B7529301C177.jpeg
34FECCF8-C899-4EDD-B7E5-1459762BA161.jpeg
heleny

Post by heleny »

Princess Luna was her usual lovable self today and gave me such a great greeting. Leads were quickly popped on, her muzzle too, and we were off following the very handsome and gorgeous Toby walked by Lynda. Luna wears a muzzle as she does not like off lead dogs running up to her not because she is a bitey dog.She can be quite reactive but also loves to walk with a fellow dog from RR - so she is a bit contrary in this respect. When we are in RR grounds the muzzle comes off and Luna then enjoys her share of treats - how she loves treats. I think it is time that this very lovely little dog, whose reactivity can be managed, found her home. :crossfingers.gif: love4.gif

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”