Luna Patterdale Terrier DofB 23.10.17 Monmouth

Dogs that have found their forever home
jan&nick

Re: Luna Patterdale Terrier DofB 23.10.17 Gatwick Kenns

Post by jan&nick »

we have been taking luna out with another dog and she is now starting to get better in her dog reactiveness in fact on sunday no barking the whole walk - a few whines if shes not walking close enough but almost walking side by side or just behind she was silent - luna has walked with eddy a couple of times and luna is a bit like benji used to be not liking to be barked at and v happy to walk with a calm dog - back to the kennels for a sit outside with muzzle off to eat her treats she had missed on her walk - luna is an improving dog
IMG_3515.JPG
IMG_3517.JPG
heleny

Post by heleny »

Today I walked Luna outside the kennel grounds and we went for quite a long circular walk. It was fairly cold but bright and Luna really seemed to like being in the woods. We went with Linda who was walking the beautiful Tigga and I have to say that, far from being dog reactive where Tigga was concerned, she appeared quite smitten! thumbs.gif She liked to follow him and gazed admiringly at all of his antics. love4.gif Mind you, he is funny and he is such a character I could quite see where Luna was coming from! She is an adorable little dog - so affectionate, so friendly, so loves her sausages and cheese. I am really looking forward to my walks with her and hope to see her again later in the week. Heart fill with love.gif] Heart fill with love.gif]
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Luna decided Chris needed a face wash today 0002.gif]
74D6358B-EE60-4FDD-A7F9-BD699417AFA1.jpeg
8AB49F19-EE48-47FD-9992-2C690F2630E4.jpeg
9167F16C-A5E2-424B-97D9-C7A074A3F21C.jpeg
Heart fill with love.gif]
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Karen25

Post by Karen25 »

Luna walked with little Daisy today. She appeared happy in her company and would have loved to have got close enough for a good sniff. I always do a circuit of the grounds before we put her muzzle on as all she wants to do when she sees you is have cuddles and kisses. Such an affectionate sweet girl with so much love to give.
Nucasol

Post by Nucasol »

Today was a first time out with Luna and what an absolute treasure this Patterdale is. Small yet elegant, she was extremely easy to leash up and we took off with our walking companions Eddy and Rachel. Both dogs were extremely comfortable in each other’s company, stopping only occasionally for a sniff and a treat as they made their way around the forest loop. Luna coped admirably with a range of different challenges including runners, cyclists and Arlo the Dachshund, remaining calm and confident throughout.

Taking Luna out was a real pleasure and the hour with her and Eddy flew over. Definitely a champion little dog I’ll look forward to taking out again.

013ED35A-F14C-4E7C-AF9C-2AFFD08C66B6.jpeg
heleny

Post by heleny »

I have walked Luna several times this week and she just gets more and more affectionate. Today we decided to stay in the kennel grounds and she so enjoyed having a sniff and a snuffle without her muzzle (not needed in the grounds as there would be no off lead dogs). She munched on grass and just generally relaxed. She really is a pretty little dog with a big heart and loads of affection to give to the right person. Heart fill with love.gif]
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

luna continues her progression we took her out with little eddy and no grumbles at all in fact she was silent the whole walk and much happier walking near eddy and yes she is a v affectionate dog loving her after walk cuddles & debrief where she was told what a good girl she is becoming and how much better she is getting meeting/greeting different dogs
IMG_3669.JPG
IMG_3668.JPG
IMG_3627.JPG
jan&nick

Post by jan&nick »

we took luna out with unflappable teddy on sunday and luna seemed fine with teds for walking company- luna walks v well but likes to stop for regular cuddles and climb up for a bit of reassurance about how good a girl she is- once back to the kennel area and with her muzzle off she enjoyed a couple of laps around the woodland walk before an after walk sit on jans lap - luna is an improving dog
IMG_3742.JPG
IMG_3738.JPG
Nucasol

Post by Nucasol »

Luna was quite the patient soul upon collection today, with her providing immaculate manners whilst her harness was changed. We decided to pair her up with Stan today and the partnership worked, with both taking turn to walk at the front. Going round the forest loop, Luna generally coped well with the considerable number of dogs we came across.

Luna has a great way with people and was happy to take treats, putting her dinky paws on your leg to encourage you to drop them. Unfortunately no photos today but hopefully some on the inevitable next walk, as this bonnie little lass is a cracker.
Nucasol

Post by Nucasol »

Out with the lovely Luna today and this little pocket rocket decided to take me on a mystery tour into some woods we hadn’t been to previously. Luna was obviously on the scent of something and it turns out that it was a deer!

As usual, Luna was brilliantly behaved and extremely affectionate, stopping occasionally to rest her paws on your leg. Make no bones though - she is terrier through-and-through, as her rough and rugged exploration through thickets and tree branches shows.

Deer in the distance
Deer in the distance
B35A119A-8603-4474-8FF2-6F6C85641058.jpeg

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”