Vinnie Cane Corso DofB 21.03.17 Chatham

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
xxlynne

Vinnie Cane Corso DofB 21.03.17 Chatham

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
VinnieCC3.jpg
Vinnie's Story: Vinnie is 3 years old and showing stress signs living with baby and young children. Needs large dog experience family to pick up with him and offer him more activity and training. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Vinnie will be neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Vinnie is in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If interested in rehoming one of our dogs, the first step is to complete and submit our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. We do not discuss dogs without a homing questionnaire submission. You must be ready and sadly due to unprecedented interest, we will only be able to contact you if we have a suitable dog. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
VinnieCC2.jpg
VinnieCC1.jpg
VinnieCC.jpg
vinnie1DSCF1228.jpg
vinnie2DSCF1213.jpg
vinnie3DSCF1223.jpg
vinnie4DSCF1236.jpg
vinnie5DSCF1239.jpg
Vinnie's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Vinnie was displaying stress around the young children in the family and his needs aren't able to be met due to pressures on the family
RosC

Re: Vinnie Cane Corsa DofB 21.03.17 Gatwick Kenns

Post by RosC »

Wow! What a gorgeous boy, can't wait to meet you Vinnie love4.gif
paul.buckle

Re: Vinnie Cane Corsa DofB 21.03.17 Gatwick Kenns

Post by paul.buckle »

Another stunning looking boy - how could you not love that face!
lainey29

Re: Vinnie Cane Corso DofB 21.03.17 Gatwick Kenns

Post by lainey29 »

Met this gorgeous boy whilst handing out treats to the others in the kennels today 💙 what a beauty cannot wait to meet you properly 🥰
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

Geoff and I had the enormous privilege and huge pleasure of meeting and walking Vinnie yesterday. Paige and Anna asked if we would introduce ourselves and see if Vinnie would go for a walk as he seemed rather shy! Vinnie was happy to take a piece of sausage from me, very gently I might add, but when Geoff went into his kennel run Vinnie backed into his bedroom area and barked. Geoff couldn’t tempt him out with either cheese or sausage, so he suggested we changed places and he came out and I went in. Well, this big baby came straight out and accepted the piece of cheese I was holding, taking it oh so gently from my hand, and then I clipped the leads on, opened the door and handed him over to Geoff ( because he is a big boy and we weren’t sure how strong he would be on the lead). He was very happy to walk with Geoff and I kept them company too. Vinnie is a gentle giant, he walked with a taut lead but absolutely no pulling. He liked to have his head by my hand and carefully nudged me occasionally to stroke the top of his head. He is a lovely dog to walk, stopping and enjoying sniffs, moving on when you ask him to, not bothered by passing people, or traffic, even when it was very noisy. He showed nothing but a distant polite interest to the only dog we met on our walk ( a small RR terrier) and he took no notice of the dogs shouting as we went past the kennel block. Geoff trotted across the road with him and Vinnie moved as if he was in the display ring at Crufts. He is extremely handsome, and all the indications are that he is a perfect gentleman. love4.gif
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

Somehow I was lucky enough to have Vinnie on my list to walk yesterday and what a gorgeous boy his is. He was a little nervous when I approached his kennel but a couple of sausages and we were soon firm friends have a nice fuss and getting his leads on ready for the off. Exiting Vinnie kennels in the muddy conditions was a little challenging as Vinnie was desperate to be out but he listened well to being asked to wait when asked and once out I realised his eagerness was because he was desperate for the toilet and obviously didn’t want to go in his home, what a good boy. Once the call of nature had been answered Vinnie settled down considerably and whilst he was keen and did put tension on the lead this was mainly due to excitement and he calmed down once we got going on firm ground. Vinnie loves to have his head down sniffing around and taking in his new surroundings. We passed lots of different things during our walk dogs, kids, horses and Vinnie took it all in his stride.

Vinnie is a big boy and once he has gained some much needed weight he will be a truly stunning boy. Whilst Vinnie is a chilled boy he does have the potential to be a strong boy if he so desired but overall this gentle giant is stunning inside and out and he really deserves to have a loving family and a really big bed to call his own 0002.gif] love4.gif love4.gif
Attachments
873C5375-D3DE-4CC4-BBD4-68853E7B75A9.jpeg
087164C6-5584-42FA-85DB-F193C6C86824.jpeg
DF9C01FC-A18B-4D4C-9252-B6FC4B38803F.jpeg
anne

Post by anne »

vinnie6DSCF1209.jpg
vinnie7DSCF1214.jpg
vinnie8DSCF1219.jpg
vinnie9DSCF1221.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

vinnie10DSCF1229.jpg
vinnie11DSCF1240.jpg
vinnie12DSCF1233a.jpg
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

Stunning photos Anne.
So I can only agree with Vinnie's other walkers, he is absolutely a big, old gentle giant, he is also a bit of a goofball and seriously cute with it thumbs.gif
Vinnie was very welcoming but super keen to get going, as Emma mentioned he is clean in his kennel so Vinnie's priority is getting out and finding the perfect spot thumbs.gif so pretty strong coming out.
Then it was time for his photo shoot, Vinnie was not at all bothered by Anne joining us and as you can see from the wonderful photos he was more than happy to pose like a pro, he really is an absolute stunner love4.gif
We wandered through the woods and Vinnie found an old tennis ball, I'm so happy that Anne managed to capture his absolute joy at finding that ball, he was just the cutest, bowing down and rolling that ball with his nose, it showed Vinnie's sweet and playful side, just lovely and I reckon he would have stayed there all day if he could, I'm going to say Vinnie loves a little bit of gentle playtime, it was all about the interaction, he was having the most fun just trying to get me to play with him, so cute and really, really lovely and gentle too love4.gif
Photos done and we continued on our walk, Vinnie does like to know who you are and he has a very specific way of sounding you out, he will sniff you up and down, I remember my foster girl Delta doing the same and it's actually very reassuring, for Vinnie and his walker too, as once he's decided all is good then he trusts and out comes his goofy side woo.gif] he has that little sparkiness and he will definitely make you smile positivo1.gif
Once we got going and away from kennels Vinnie really relaxed, he is definitely a big, strong boy but he is also a bit of a plodder and very, very responsive to his walker, we walked past various dogs with no reaction at all, what a good boy.
Hoping to get another walk in with this beauty but I don't reckon he'll be with us for too long thumbs.gif
geoffcase

Post by geoffcase »

If you want a larger dog, this gentle giant must be in the running.
Vinnie has a fabulous nature. I went into his kennel armed with gravy bones - not for Vinnie, sausage or cheese please. We had a wonderful long walk, met all sorts of animals ( lots of dogs) and Vinnie showed nothing but polite interest except for 2 off lead labs that rushed up to his face (he wasn’t overly impressed and gave a rather laidback woof).
Vinnie loves being fussed.
Love this boy love4.gif thumbs.gif

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”