Dodger (Boycie) Ambull xStaff DofB 27.08.19 New Romney Kent

Dogs that have found their forever home
rstephenson

Re: Boycie Ambull xStaff DofB 27.08.19 Gatwick Kenns

Post by rstephenson »

Had another perfect walk with Boycie, and today we were joined by Kirby. They respected each other’s space, but were both glad to have company! Boycie preferred to be next to or in front of Kirby, and would run to catch up if he got left behind! 0002.gif] Those muddy puddles really are an enemy, but he’ll always find the driest route round! love4.gif He took particular interest in squirrels today, and there was a bit of pulling to get at them. But with a bit of a cuddle he was distracted and back to his relaxed walking.
Boycie checking that Kirby isn’t too far behind
Boycie checking that Kirby isn’t too far behind
He really is an absolute dream positivo1.gif
markturner

Dodger (Boycie) Ambull xStaff DofB 27.08.19 New Romney Kent Foster

Post by markturner »

So collected Dodger (Boycie) on Thursday, and got him back to the house in time for a nice walk around the block to meet Hattie. This went well. Here he is later that night, which he spent in our bed, as nothing would make him stay in his bed at the foot of the bed......

He is mixing OK with Hattie, but wants to play a lot which is a shame she is just not up to it, but it's not really an issue as she spends most of her day in bed asleep!! Shame they did not meet a few years ago when she would have revelled in someone to chase around...

We have discovered he is not really house trained and bizarrely, does not pee or poop hardly at all when out. And he is pretty excited when he meets other dogs, I think he has missed out on all proper socializing and training in his previous home.

Everyone in the house has fallen for his charm though and although its like having a puppy all over again, we are all enjoying having him, I am certainly getting my steps in, 15K a day !!

I am pretty confident that over the next few weeks with some training work, ( already started) we can start to get him where he needs to be. He is a sweet affectionate boy, just loads of energy and desperate for human attention, he follows me around everywhere now....!

1.jpg

He is getting loads of walks, here on the beach Friday
He is getting loads of walks, here on the beach Friday

3.jpg

We also stocked up on some toys, strangely, he is not keen on the kong....but loves the treat ball
We also stocked up on some toys, strangely, he is not keen on the kong....but loves the treat ball

Tired out after a busy day
Tired out after a busy day

6.jpg
Last edited by markturner on Sat 23 Jan 2021 10:00, edited 1 time in total.
mandyandmike

Dodger Ambull xStaff DofB 27.08.19 New Romney Kent Foster

Post by mandyandmike »

Gorgeous boy, hope he settles. :goodluck.gif:
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Thanks for the update in this lovely boy. I found he didn't toilet when I walked him at the kennels either. Lots of new dogs are like this at first because they haven't relaxed or settled in yet, and home (or kennel) is their safe place. It will come as he settles in, be patient and praise him when he starts to go in the garden or on a walk, without making too much of it. He looks very happy, you have a great dog there :havefun.gif:
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
markturner

Post by markturner »

Hi everyone, end of the first week update for you and its all good, which is fantastic! He has really settled into the daily routine here in Kent and this week, he came up to London with me for a couple of days on my visit to the office, where he went down a storm with the staff there, although he likes to jump up onto peoples laps, which does not help productivity!! Oh and he also decided to customise his bed while I was not looking..... roflmao.gif

I have been working very hard building a bond with him and doing lots of training, and he has responded excellently, he now walks very well at heel, will sit at a door and is generally much less hectic. I don't think he got any kind of proper training at all in his first home. And the toilet training is also much improved. The only negative is that he is a terrible chewer and despite having been brought several toys to work it out on, will start chewing up stuff he is not supposed to if you leave him unsupervised for even a short time....so he is keeping us on our toes..!!
So all the signs are good, the whole family is smitten. No issues with Hattie either, apart from him wanting to play - he cant understand why she wont join in, but is learning to be gentle and just let her do her thing, which is chill out !!

Looking forward to the coming week for further progress , but we already feel that he has his forever home here.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg
Jojokate

Re: Boycie Ambull xStaff DofB 27.08.19 New Romney Kent Foster

Post by Jojokate »

Great update and loving the photos . Look at boycie being lord of the manor ...
My boy is a chewer and destroyer of all his toys . I buy hard toys
Elliesmum

Re: Boycie Ambull xStaff DofB 27.08.19 New Romney Kent Foster

Post by Elliesmum »

Loving the update. As for the chewing, he's still very much a puppy isn't he, so it will improve as he settles and matures (hopefully). Early days, you are doing so well with him bighug.gif
xxlynne

Re: Dodger (Boycie) Ambull xStaff DofB 27.08.19 New Romney Kent

Post by xxlynne »

Looking forward to the coming week for further progress, but we already feel that he has his forever home here.
Mark & Lesley and the everso lovely Hattie have welcomed 'puppy-head' Dodger his home for life. Dodger has done so well considering he came in lacking the skills of living alongside another dog. He has respected Hattie's domaine and her 'Queenly' place within it. Played your cards right my lad... bestest home is yours to enjoy. Thank you Mark & Lesley delighted for you all
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Aww how wonderful! Sounds like he has come on a treat in such a short time in a loving home, what a cracking life he will have! :havefun.gif:
Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Great news! :smiley-bounce016.gi: :smiley-bounce016.gi:

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”