BuskyBear Staffie x Shar Pei DofB 01.12.11 - 24th Jan 24

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Gizmo

Re: BuskyBear Staffie x Shar pei DofB 12.2011 Wiltshire

Post by Gizmo »

Thank you for giving Busky your love and patience. He doesn't like high vi's jackets. I think before I had him he was very mistreated. He was 12/18mths and was found at 3.00am one Sunday morning tided to school gates and the rspca had issued getting him. His protection is the shap-pei side. The rewards of his snuggles are worth his verbalness. Just a gobby little git chatterbox. He does like a bit of reiki too.
WSteG

Post by WSteG »

David writes: The tempo of morning walks in the paddock with BuskyBear and Brie has changed, from early days when every path and scent was eagerly followed, to a more sedate stroll with frequent stops to munch on grass or sniff out the previous night's animal traffic.

Until ... the other morning when simultaneously Brie picked up the scent of, and BuskyBear and I saw the rump of, a muntjac deer strolling off through the trees. In an instant I was leaning at a backwards angle taking the strain on the leads, moving at speed as two dogs hared after this interloper,
IMG_20210917_080802.jpg
Brie with her nose to the ground, BuskyBear searching side to side with much huffing and snorting. Fortunately the chase was short but it sure got the blood racing.
The deer most likely escaped into the field of tall corn beyond the paddock.
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Sounds perfect. ...thank you for giving them time to unpack their bags of the past :smiley-bounce016.gi: :smiley-bounce016.gi: thumbs.gif
Gizmo

Post by Gizmo »

bravo1.gif
Omg so please they have both settled. Again thank you both from the bottom of my heart. Luvs busky to the moon n back.
U go my little man xx so proud of u ❤
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Haha that made me laugh. I know this is a "plant your feet" moment with one dog, let alone two 0077.gif [0131.gif] well done for hanging on!
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Cobbtastic

Post by Cobbtastic »

Well done for holding on!!! :dog_running-186.gif: :dog_running-186.gif:

So glad to see them settling together.
WSteG

Post by WSteG »

BuskyBear and Brie have established their roles in our pack. Brie is food monitor. Whenever either of us goes to the kitchen, she always comes too, in case there’s something in the offing to eat. If we start to brew the water for tea, she quickly perceives that there’s nothing for her and goes back to the sofa. BuskyBear is in charge of security. He also comes with us to the kitchen, because beyond the kitchen is the conservatory, the door of which is the main entry and exit point to the garden, the drive and the field. And of course the conservatory is glass, so he can see everything outside in three directions. He views his job as to alert us to anything moving, be it a postie or a sparrow. He does that by barking, often sustained barking. This can be a trial at 3:00 in the morning, when he’s been disturbed by a night sound or imagines he’s seen a movement outside. Sometimes he’ll content himself with defending us from the confines of the conservatory and, beyond the heavy curtain that is drawn across the space between the kitchen and conservatory at night, he doesn’t inevitably wake us. But if he runs into the house to bark up the stairs – a barrier prevents the dogs leaving the ground floor – he is like Macbeth, he hath murdered sleep. These outbursts are irregular and unpredictable and very challenging to combat. Neither reassurance nor chastisement will quell him when he has an alarm jag to express. It’s a pity and a problem that he has a hair trigger response to perceived threats. We’ve taken on a difficult dog but we’ll persevere. He’s very relaxed with us and he can change. Recently, though he’d previously shown no interest when Brie plays ball, he brought David a piece of a ball that Brie had reshaped and invited him to a little game of fetch, which has become a regular practice. Both of them are endlessly affectionate and adore physical contact. Busky loves to be brushed and Brie gladly accepts tickles anywhere on her body and at any time. Both of them gently paw for more and lick us – David’s moustache is Busky’s favourite. In so many ways, they are ideal pets.
First time in the field 1.jpg .jpg
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Thank you for an honest update and not giving up on busky :smiley-bounce016.gi: :smiley-bounce016.gi:
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

Thank you for the updates on this lovely pair.

I'm loving the t-shirt! 😄👍
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

Love these updates !

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”