Lara Lurcher pup DofB 21.11.19 Thursley

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
sweetpea

Re: Lara Lurcher pup DofB 21.11.19 Gatwick Kenns

Post by sweetpea »

Kiss of love.gif
Last edited by sweetpea on Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

anne

Re: Lara Lurcher pup DofB 21.11.19 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Having now had her puppy injections, Lara is venturing out and about. She is delighting all the volunteer walkers with her happy, wriggly, puppy antics and her love of cuddles. Lara can now get used to walking on the lead and start her toilet training. She is keen to get exploring too.
lara1DSCF3191.jpg
lara2DSCF3193.jpg
lara3DSCF3194a.jpg
lara4DSCF3196a.jpg

RosC

Re: Lara Lurcher pup DofB 21.11.19 Redhill Foster

Post by RosC »

Lovely Lara has come to stay for a while - fingers crossed it won't be for long. She has been very pleased to be at home and is enjoying having Bertha and Marv to play with (not sure they share her enthusiasm 0002.gif] ) She has a habit of launching herself through the air at them which neither is keen on but both seem to tolerate!
She slept all through the night last night and between crazy, puppy mad moments is taking the opportunity to relax and rest.
Lara is a wonderful pup and is in to everything as puppies should be but listens if you tell her to leave something. Today hasn't been the best day to try to start toilet training as she doesn't want to go outside but Lara has gone to the kitchen or near to the door to go to the toilet each time so I think once the weather improves she will pick up being clean fairly quickly.
We have had a couple of walks around the block and Lara isn't bothered by cars and has rubbed along shoulder to shoulder with Bertha and Marv confidently.
I will try to post pics and video but having a bit of difficulty with my phone!

RosC

Post by RosC »

3A37B20E-49D2-4EE9-96DB-7F7A11DC3034.jpeg
FCB46E3F-441F-46DB-8946-5A4EB99AE21E.jpeg
CD12487B-13F9-4E43-8AB1-8F828A8D0C9C.jpeg
29A87CF5-183F-4226-B685-ACF6DEB8EECF.jpeg

Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

love4.gif oh my goodness, heartburst photos love4.gif

Love them all and particularly the one where Lara is upside down between Marv and Bertha on the sofa, are you and family relegated to the floor this week Ros ?!?
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire

sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Great to see Lara in foster...my sister adopted monica now Luna and they are so much alike ...gorgeous pics Kiss of love.gif

Toops

Post by Toops »

So lovely to see Lara 'Roaching' on the sofa, just where a Saluki should be. She's obviously very comfortable with you Ros! love4.gif
The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him, and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too. Samuel Butler

RosC

Post by RosC »

Lara is a delight to have around. Her personality is coming out and she is very vocal at meal times if you take too long to serve up!
Today she has been exploring the garden with marv and has been out for a couple of wees, such a good girl bravo1.gif
As with any puppy she is very mischievious and you need to keep an eye on where she is but if you catch her doing something she shouldn't an 'uh uh' and she stops straight away. When we get ready to go out marv races around with his lead so this afternoon lara got hold if the end of it and they were playing tug of war for ages racing from one room to the next !!
She is a total sweetheart and will make a wonderful addition to someone's family love4.gif

Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

Wonderful photos Ros :nicethread.gif:
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our fb page
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/

RosC

Post by RosC »

Last night we went out for a birthday dinner and I wasn't sure where to leave Lara as she isn't house trained and I wasn't sure what she might get up to. So I decided I need new furniture and a new carpet anyway so I would risk leaving them all with the run of the house as I usually would do. A couple of hours later and we returned to no damage apart from to a couple of ripped up poo bags and only 1 puddle thumbs.gif

Lara has been a star today. She joined me and Bertha visiting my Dad. It was nearly 2 hours in each direction in the car but she travelled without any problems, settling down next to Bertha and sitting still or snoozing all the way.
We went out for lunch and she ate her dinner just before ours arrived and then sat on the seat next to me whilst we ate. My Dad really enjoyed having Lara around and she really made him laugh with her antics.
We have been paying for her good behaviour this evening as her post dinner mad half hour has been a mad 2 hours tonight 0002.gif]
She has been trying Marv's patience, trying to chew my feet and chew everything in sight! Games with her balls and her rope starfish have helped but obviously other things are far more entertaining! Calm has now returned bravo1.gif
Lara will need a nice secure garden in her new home as she is already very agile and leaps around so I am sure once her legs are longer she will be able to find escape routes if there are any - she also slinks through very small gaps!!

If you have lots of energy to match Lara's then get your homing questionnaire in quick as she is a really beautiful little girl positivo1.gif

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”