Hugh French Mastiff x Staffie DofB 18.08.12 Ewell

Rescue Remedies dogs that have found their forever homes
xxlynne

Hugh French Mastiff x Staffie DofB 18.08.12 Ewell

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
hugh1DSCF2916a.jpg
Hugh's Story: Hugh lived with his partner and one of their pups. Hugh was passed on poss. because a his knee problem to another person who took him in to provide him with security but he couldn't settle with their 4 cats. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Hugh is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Hugh was in boarding kennels near Gatwick and foster in Hertfordshire whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
hugh2DSCF2900.jpg
hugh3DSCF2917.jpg
hugh4DSCF2908a.jpg
hugh5DSCF2898a.jpg
Hugh's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Hugh came in as an emergency

Hugh came to us on the 12th January 2020

anne

Re: Hugh French Mastiff x Staffie DofB 18.08.12 Gatwick Kenns

Post by anne »

Hugh is a lovely boy. Friendly and enjoying hugs in his kennel with his walking partner, Marek. He is a super cool dud, who behaved beautifully while I took his photos. Marek described him as 'mellow'.
hugh6DSCF2914.jpg
hugh7DSCF2903.jpg

mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

Ooh he looks gorgeous and yummy (could I swop him for Danny? Only joking 0002.gif] )

Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

What a cracker! k2727.gif
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our fb page
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/

Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

So Hugh really is as chunky and gorgeous as he looks, had he been smaller I would have snuck him under my coat and taken him home with me love4.gif
The first time I went to visit Hugh on Friday he really wasn't interested in me or the treats on offer, the second time he very much enjoyed the tasty sausages and I saw a little twinkle in his eye, the third and final time and just before I headed off home I received a fabulous welcome, lovely smily face, waggy tail and he mugged me for all the treats I had left.
Lovely gentle boy who I cannot wait to see move on to his very own amazing forever home Kiss of love.gif

Deb2474

Post by Deb2474 »

oh my! What a lovely response

Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

Hugh is most definitely an absolute proper gentleman love4.gif He has that wonderfully comfortable feeling about him, like everything is good 😊 Such a lovely vibe.
So I'd met Hugh before but we'd not walked together and I was joined by new walker Chris who took the lead which Hugh was more than happy with, such a lovely, trusting boy love4.gif
Hugh did make us smile, he is a boy who certainly knows his own mind, every so often he would put the brakes on and not move another step, I do wonder if he'd got wise though as when a tasty treat was offered he got a little spring in his step and walked on thumbs.gif
We both agreed that Hugh is an absolutely fabulous boy and as with all of the dogs here we could not understand how he had found himself in rescue.
Looking forward to walking Hugh again, fabulous lovely boy Kiss of love.gif

Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

Hugh is a gentle, sweet, heart stealer. He plodded along on our walk - stopping for a cuddle every now and then. He enjoyed his walk but is more of a mooch along kind of dog, he didn’t want to walk far or fast, so we just ambled along. He loves a fuss and rolled on his back for a tummy tickle. One of the easiest, nicest dogs I’ve walked. Total sweetheart. Xx
19DA7F10-ECCC-4CF0-9E58-1FA90054C25A.jpeg

D-Fen

Re: Hugh French Mastiff x Staffie DofB 18.08.12 Buntingford Herts

Post by D-Fen »

It's been just over 24hrs since collecting Hugh for foster and what can I say? Well Hugh is an absolutely fantastic!

Hugh travelled well on the back seat of the car, spending the first hour of the drive sitting and smiling like a child knowing they're getting an ice cream, he then layed down for 30mins to snooze with his head in my lap before waking up and smiling like a child again for the remainder of the journey.

Once home I let Hugh off lead in the garden so he could do what a dogs got to do and he happily skipped/trotted around the garden with his tail wagging in circles. I have never seen a dog so happy to see a garden with the freedom to roam, which was very rewarding for me if a little sad to see.

Later on I took Hugh for a gentle 20min amble around the posh park where he enjoyed checking the undergrowth and rolling around on the grass. Hugh walks very well on the lead, he doesn't pull and likes to stop and sniff every so often as dogs like to do. Hugh doesn't seem to be bothered by other dogs, he does show interest and I'm sure if he had the chance he'd love to go over and say hello.

Once back home Hugh met the sofa, jumped up and fell asleep (he snores). I have put Smiler's old doggy steps in front of the sofa to make things a little easier for Hugh to get on/off the sofa which he seems to appreciate and I've been assisting him with getting off so he doesn't do himself a mischief.

Hugh slept downstairs in the kitchen on his bed without any issues, he let me have 8hrs of uninterrupted sleep and there were no accidents when I came down in the morning.

Hugh has spent most of Monday either playing in the garden amusing himself with downed branches or napping in his bed. Given Hugh's enthusiasm for his walk yesterday I decided to take him for a slightly longer 35min walk around the large park today to see how well he coped and he loved every minute, stopping frequently to roll in the grass, check the undergrowth and have a good sniff at whatever took his interest.

Hugh loves his cuddles, he leans his body into you as you give him the affection he desires, he loves having his belly rubbed and I just can't help but smoosh that big face of his.

When I collected Hugh yesterday I was under the impression that he was just a plod along kind of dog which he was when I walked him at the kennels, but from the moment I first let him off lead in the garden back home Hugh seems to have more energy and go than I think anyone seems to have realised. It's going to be interesting to see how Hugh progresses in foster once he starts to settle in, though it seems like he already has as it honestly feels like Hugh has been here for years rather than hours.

I honestly cannot see Hugh being in foster or rescue for long, for such a big dog he really is quite low maintenance, happy to amuse himself outside, snooze inside and absorb all the love and fuss that you offer him.

HOMING TEAM/MODERATORS - Please feel free to use my pics/clips to promote Hugh for adoption. Contact me if you'd like the hi-res versions.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Snoozin' n' Snorin'

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Attachments
imageedit_9_9997524365.jpg
imageedit_7_5813587836.jpg
imageedit_5_5413258917.jpg
imageedit_1_7099724251.jpg
imageedit_3_9482199892.jpg
imageedit_1_4490140307.jpg
imageedit_3_4933767404.jpg
imageedit_1_4948846343.jpg

Jude&Alf

Re: Hugh French Mastiff x Staffie DofB 18.08.12 Buntingford Herts

Post by Jude&Alf »

Huge, massive smile on my face 😊
I cannot tell you how happy I am to see this amazing boy in foster, warm, cosy and snoring on a sofa love4.gif love4.gif
I fell in love with Hugh the very first time I met him, a proper gent and an absolute delight thumbs.gif
Looking forward to seeing Hugh enjoy the comforts of home life Kiss of love.gif

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”