Bernie Staffie DofB ?16.04.16 Chatham Temp Foster

xxlynne

Bernie Staffie DofB ?16.04.16 Chatham Temp Foster

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Available
Bernie1DSC09043.jpg
Bernie's Story: Bernie was found repeatedly stray Dog warden reported him uncared for and this time the family didn't come forwards for him, so was unclaimed within a Nottinghamshire council pound. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Bernie is now neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Bernie was in to boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £200. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
Bernie2DSC09040.jpg
Bernie3DSC09036.jpg
Bernie's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: Bernie ran out of time in his pound

Bernie came into our Rescue on the 5th Dec 2019
Bernie.jpeg
Sarahk

Re: Bernie Staffie DofB 16.04.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

Bernie was neutered today and a little wobbly on his feet returning to the kennels but still enjoyed saying hi to several walkers and posed well for his piccies, he a very handsome little boy love4.gif
DSC09038.JPG
DSC09044.JPG
DSC09037.JPG
welcome Bernie, hoping your stay is a short one beauty xxx
Heart fill with love.gif]
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

DSC09034.JPG
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
JamesShears

Post by JamesShears »

20191215_144755-01.jpeg
Today Bernie came with me to Pets at Home to meet lots of people and dogs to help raise some money.
He was an absolute superstar and lapped up the attention!!
I'm not sure how he ended up here but he is so well behaved, he will sit and give his paw for a treat which he will take from you SO gently.

He was nervous to get in the car at first but once in (and after trying to sit on my lap) he settled down and sat nicely the whole way.

We had a short walk down the road once back and he was great, didn't pull, just wanted a good sniff.

We met several dogs throughout the day and he wasnt fussed.

I am so in love with Bernie already. He has such a beautiful and kind temperament.
20191215_130547-01.jpeg
20191215_135851-01.jpeg
20191215_143651-01.jpeg
Jan Case

Post by Jan Case »

I walked handsome Bernie today, I had walked him last week and couldn’t wait to repeat the experience. Bernie is such a beautiful dark brindle colour, with little white patches and such a soulful face. He is a pleasure to walk and we passed several dogs today and two squirrels and a field full of sheep that all elicited a polite interest. He wasn’t too keen on going back into his kennel, but then he realised lunch had been served and was straight in there! He is a lovely boy love4.gif
SarahMc

Post by SarahMc »

Bernie and I took a walk up the lane this morning. He was really good even when passing other dogs. He is a lovely boy!
Elliesmum

Re: Bernie Staffie DofB ?16.04.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Elliesmum »

Bernie was delighted to see me this morning, and he wriggled around on his back so much, it took me ages to get his harness on, the little monkey, but he tolerates being manhandled a bit and I had no worries as he is so good natured. We went for a walk with Kim and Kipp, and both dogs were immediately comfortable with each other and ended up walking side by side with no problems. We passed other dogs well, Bernie seemed keen to say hello and leans towards them, but we kept walking. He only reacted to one dog that was unfriendly towards him. Bernie is a young boy that looks to his walker for guidance and reassurance, and is a bit unsure of himself. He is still such a baby and will flourish with someone who can give him time to gain confidence and introduce some gentle training. His willingness and good nature is already there, he just doesn't know what is expected of him yet.
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557 ... group_link

https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Luella

Post by Luella »

Poor little boy has such a sad face. Let’s hope your happy home comes soon
anne

Post by anne »

Bernie is a little lost and confused at the moment and you can see this in his eyes. He is much smaller than he appears in the photos and has a wonderful, friendly nature. He was indeed quite wriggly while I fumbled about trying to get his harness on. He needed some reassurance whilst on his walk, but kind words and gentle affection soon get him going again. This boy just needs lots of love and time to settle and feel safe and secure with his special people in his own home. He is a smashing dog who will blossom in the right environment. Can't wait to see him relax and smile again.
bernie1DSCF2744.jpg
bernie2DSCF2743.jpg
mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

Bless him he looks adorable but you can see the worry in his eyes, hoping he is homed soon :crossfingers.gif: