Roxy (Bridy) Staffie x DofB 27.09.17 Horsham

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Roxy (Bridy) Staffie x DofB 27.09.17 Horsham

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed
Bridy.jpeg
Roxy's Story: Roxy came out of her mulit-dog household having been part of a fight. She and the other dogs were not neutered so a perfect climate for triggering off unrest. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving her life. Roxy is now neutered, chipped, and vaccinations are in progress. Roxy was in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting her new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum adoption donation is £175. This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.

Roxy's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information: We received an urgent call a staffie had been rejected by her family due to a fight which had broken out. She was taken to a vet for put to sleep. The vet got the family to sign her over.

The receiving vet agreed to spay her and another Rescue paid for transport into us 18th August 2019
xxlynne

Re: Roxy Staffie x DofB 27.09.17 Horsham

Post by xxlynne »

Roxy arrived today and it all seemed overwhelming. She came out of her kennel in the afternoon to see the buzz of the Fun Day all round and to meet a lovely family Sharon, Gary and their 2 lovely daughters Becky & Lucy.

It was wonderful to witness 2 hours later little Roxy walking over the bridge with her new family and leaving her cares behind.
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

What a wonderful end to our funday and wonderful new start for sweet little Roxy woo.gif]
I think that's one happy family don't you :D
DSC08701.JPG
Many fun times ahead, enjoy thumbs.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Garyslater

Post by Garyslater »

Roxy had settled in amazingly with us in such a short period of time, so far from the scared little dog we took home ❤️❤️

A3179715-F79C-49FE-86AA-252305682A12.jpeg

59A34B63-58FE-470E-A73F-B07C8F577573.jpeg

E1AB6570-7E96-4A0E-9F8E-8AFC39D845B1.jpeg
mandyandmike

Post by mandyandmike »

Lovely photos, little cutie. I met her at the fun day and she was very subdued (having been at the vets I think) but she looks well now and very settled. thumbs.gif
EmmaD

Post by EmmaD »

So great to hear, I said hello to you guys and Roxy too at the fun day, so glad she's settled :0)
xxlynne

Re: Roxy (Bridy) Staffie x DofB 27.09.17 Horsham

Post by xxlynne »

Hi Lynne,
Roxy is doing really well ! She must have doubled in size since we got her. Not sure if that a good or bad thing !! From the frightened little girl we took home her confidence has grown hugely. She hated walks out but now has 2 walks a day and drives me nuts come 3 o clock as she cannot wait to go
Loves sleeping and always on the sofa chilled out
She has become a proper funny little character. Drives me nuts at night, she sleeps in my room on her own bed but has to be covered up in a blanket. I think it’s worse than having a baby as I am up at least once in the night to her crying because the blanket has come off and she needs to be covered up again.
She’s better with dogs but hates dogs that growl and not keen when dogs come running up when they are off the lead - she will react back but we are all used to it and manage it fine.
Roxy(Bridy)3.jpg
Roxy(Bridy)2.jpg
Roxy(Bridy)1.jpg
Roxy(Bridy).jpg
Was hoping that you where going to have another open day as I was going to bring her along.

Here are some pictures

Would be nice to bring her up for you to see her 🤗

Thanks Sharon
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Lovely update and photos :smiley-bounce016.gi:
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

Wonderful photos, she looks almost human in them!!! Rescue Remedies have a charity walk on Sunday 5 December have a look in the fundraising section on the forum. Everyone would love to see Roxy xx
Chrissy M

Post by Chrissy M »

Roxy looks very happy .Thanks for the update , staffys do like to be covered up ha ! Yes they are furry babies , I used the basic single duvets from Tesco’s , these don’t come off as frequently as blankets when they move about 😉 have fun ! 🐕⭐️

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”