Henry just chugging along.
Jojokate

Re: Henry Mastiff x DofB 06.11.12 Gatwick Kenns Croydon W/E foster

Post by Jojokate »

bighug.gif love Henry. Hope he finds his forever soon
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

Although I've been volunteering at Gatwick since before Henry arrived, I've never actually walked him before. 🤷‍♂️ But that all changed yesterday when I took him out late-morning before Stephen collected him for the weekend. He really is a good-looking and lovely boy - and perfectly gentle and well-behaved too. But then you can tell that without having to walk him to be honest.

He made me chuckle on our walk as he managed to make a "poo tree"; something I've not seen done before (except for those idiots that think it's acceptable to hang poo bags from branches). He cocked his leg over a small, woody shrub and had a wee. Once task number one was done, he put his leg down and progressed to task number two, without otherwise moving. When we walked away, the bush was left with what I shall describe as a couple of "hanging fruit"! 0002.gif]

We had some time in the large paddock after our fairly random walk (I let him dictate the route) and he took great delight charging up and down it after the tennis balls I threw. He wasn't great at following their trajectory and made no attempt to catch them but he did at least find and pick them up! 🤗 Actually returning them to you is something else he doesn't bother with - he simply runs back and drops it en-route, without evening stopping to do so. 😆

I don't understand why this boy hasn't found his forever home yet - he is amazing. 😍
StephenB

Post by StephenB »

Unfortunately Henry was set upon by 2 offlead dogs this morning. Henry is not an aggressive dog. He does pull and make noise when dogs come too close, but it's only warnings really as he is the nervous type.
Henry had to defend himself and with the help of my boot flying around and my friends flailing sweater the other dogs withdrew. No dog was harmed and the owner (a mature woman) offered no apology. Henry didn't seem too phased by the event.
It was clear that Henry has no interest in fighting, but only as a last resort.
This park is Henry's favourite space where he feels safe and comfortable. It's big enough to avoid other dogs unless THEY'RE NOT UNDER CONTROL.

Apart from that we've had our usual downtime and a pad round the block. We walked all the way round today and a 100yds down the main road. The route was of Henry's choosing. He does need patience when walking away from the kennels as he stops and starts quite a bit. However, now I can read him a little better he gets more out of it.

Last night he got on my bed and stayed there all night. Only the 2nd time since he's been coming over. He took the middle of the bed before I could claim it. Tonight I will not make the same mistake!
lainey29

Post by lainey29 »

Aww so sorry Henry had that experience blu1.gif he is such a lovely boy and a pleasure to walk I wish people would be considerate with their animals when out and about. Hope Henry has a lovely foster break Kiss of love.gif
StephenB

Post by StephenB »

Keeping an eye on me outside the chip shop. He didn't get any blu1.gif
20211009_121734.jpg
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

Oh Henry glad you’re ok gorgeous boy .
So pleased he’s getting weekend breaks still . Thank you
StephenB

Post by StephenB »

Not much to report. Henry has had a very lazy time with plenty of rest. I've also left him twice this weekend, both for around 3 hrs and he's been fine.
20211031_112847.jpg
IanandNicky

Post by IanandNicky »

On Monday everywhere was so muddy I decided to take Henry around Smallfield. We started off well but just as we were approaching the roundabout two large tipper lorries came past which really startled Henry and he would only turn right at the roundabout back towards the woods. so we just went as far as the common and walked around that and back to the paddock for a cuddle and off lead sniff around. he's such a friendly easy old dog who needs a relaxed home.
Chrissy M

Post by Chrissy M »

So glad to see Henry enjoying weekends away in a home with Stephen, you can see he loves it and it must be a lifeline for such a kennel long stayer .👍⭐️😁👌🐕🥂

The photo of him outside the chip shop peering out the van did make me smile ! 🤣

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”