Hugo Mastiff x Staffie DofB ?2016 RRemedies Centre

Mastiffs that are available for adoption
Mrees94

Re: Hugo Mastiff x Staffie DofB ?2016 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Mrees94 »

We’ve been walking Hugo for a while now, and I always enjoy spending time with this lovely boy. Today we took Hugo to the paddock for the first time, and it was great to see his super loving side. Hugo has a great personality and enjoyed lots of cuddles, a brief run after a tennis ball and lots of Zoomies! positivo1.gif

496D947E-F0A1-4B65-8342-2C14753FCD1C.jpeg

AB6F9267-B46F-40DF-AA46-8CF79B1865FE.jpeg
rstephenson

Post by rstephenson »

Myself and Hugo followed Matt and Oscar for yesterday’s walk. It was quite a strong start, but after the initial excitement passed he calmed down quickly. Although he likes to be at the end of his lead, he then doesn’t pull and will trot nicely ahead.
Hugo was unfazed by Oscar, although we did keep a good distance behind, mostly due to Hugo’s love of a sniff and rummage through the foliage!

We then stopped at the stream for a cool off. This boy LOVES the water! He had me running up and down the stream - from all the splashing Matt had to come back to make sure I hadn’t fallen in 0002.gif]

We did pass some bikes, which Hugo wasn’t too keen on, and a few people walking by. We moved over to the side and I stroked his head, which seemed to keep him calm and he didn’t worry as they passed thumbs.gif
Hannydub

Post by Hannydub »

Sam and I have been lucky enough to start walking Hugo the last few weeks. He is a joy, and we have loved getting to know him. He is always super excited to get out of kennels and off for his walk. He happily wears his muzzle and keeps his nose down having a good sniff of everything you pass. He is strong, he is a sturdy little thing, but he walks nicely. On the warmer weekends, he has loved getting down in the stream, his favourite game is if you run him back and forth along the water so he can have a proper splash about. This weekend, since it was cooler, we found a quiet patch of the woods and I took him on a little run (ok maybe a jog, I was wearing wellies). We did a few laps of the trees. He loved it, looking up at me with his goofy little smile, big eyes and tongue out to the side love4.gif

We are yet to take him for a run around in the paddock, but will try next week, as we would love to see his zoomies, and have some proper cuddles with this beautiful boy.
image0.jpeg
image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg
anne

Post by anne »

I was asked to do a photoshoot with the lovely Hugo. He was enjoying time in the paddock with one of his best friends, Tam and showing what a all round good boy he is. Hugo is very affectionate with his friends as you can see from his interactions with Tam.
Enjoy..............
hugo1DSCF2808a.jpg
hugo2DSCF2811.jpg
hugo3DSCF2815.jpg
hugo4DSCF2819a.jpg
hugo5DSCF2826.jpg
hugo6DSCF2833.jpg
hugo7DSCF2837.jpg
hugo8DSCF2840.jpg
hugo9DSCF2844.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

and because he is such a handsome lad, a few more...........
hugo10DSCF2848a.jpg
hugo11DSCF2851.jpg
hugo12DSCF2856.jpg
hugo13DSCF2860.jpg
hugo14DSCF2861.jpg
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

Stunning photos of handsome Hugo love4.gif
Absolutely love the ones of him with Tam, what a beautiful and loving boy he is with his very best friend Kiss of love.gif
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Hugo enjoying cuddles with Ella love4.gif
97C59A2F-AD28-4D91-9D00-E7626E685C61.jpeg
Hugo is such a handsome dude xxx
Hugo is such a handsome dude xxx
DEE760C1-C3A5-4E81-8EFD-497BB6DACE66.jpeg
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Tamlou

Post by Tamlou »

Having been walking Hugo for over 2 years I’m mortified to admit I’ve never posted on his thread about him which is naughty because this wonderful dog needs a loving home just like all the rest.
I’m not going to deny it but he is my favourite long stay dog at RR and I’ve have fallen in love with this incredible boy. He has grown to trust me now which has taken a good year but now all this dog wants is to please me with everything he does.
I love to take him out on lots of long different walks and have worked hard to rehabilitate him. Once upon a time this dog would lunge at any passing traffic, people and anything else he wasn’t sure about but now he’s calm and even though he shows interest there is no aggression or reactivity. We walk through cow fields, past horses and other dogs and he has learnt to be calm and with reassurance he passes with no issues at all. He is the most loving and loyal boy just as his breed says and I would love nothing more than to take him home but sadly my circumstances won’t allow it. I know this boy has someone out there that will give him the home he deserves. Someone without other pets because he does still occasionally like to chase small furry things and someone without children because sadly Hugo does have trust issues and I doubt he will ever be able to be homed with children. Please give this wonderful loving dog a chance because I know he will love a sofa to sleep on and he will be your best friend just like he is mine 🥰
StephenB

Post by StephenB »

Kiss of love.gif
Gave Hugo a hose down after his walk today. He'd already been in the river but it was very warm.
Eggyem

Post by Eggyem »

I just wanted to echo Tam's post, like Tam Hugo is one of my favorites, having walked him for some time now. He loves zoomies in the paddock any kind of water, or mud and when he trusts you loves you fiercely and if it weren't for our circumstances he would be snuggling on our sofa. Just love love love this boy, there is nothing better than Hugo kisses 💋 😘

Return to “Our Marvellous Mastiffs”