Royce Cane Corso x Lab DofB 12.2016 RRemedies Centre

Mastiffs that are available for adoption
StephenB

Re: Royce Lab x DofB 12.2016 Gatwick Kenns

Post by StephenB »

positivo1.gif

Royce and I took the long way round today. Not sure how keen he was on the mud and rain but he persevered. He stopped a few times as the wind and thunder got to his nerves. Royce looks to his walker for reassurance and comfort. Once given he proceeds with renewed vigour!

Once Royce knows you he gives himself to you and trusts. He's a lovely dog. I find that he brings out the softness in me.

He does have his nervous issues around strangers and dogs passing near to him and these are more than manageable with some common sense and foresight.

Can't say enough about him really. I think hes great 0077.gif
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

I absolutely love my walks with Royce, he is my best boy and I love him very much love4.gif
Royce is so lovely when I enter his room, I always call his name and come armed with treats but I have to be honest all Royce really wants is big old cuddles and then maybe a sausage or two thumbs.gif
Royce loves his walks and we enjoyed a lovely sunny walk on Thursday, I have to be really careful as the slightest bit of affection and Royce will roll on his back for full on tummy rubs and he can get rather muddy, lovely boy love4.gif
We always end our walk with a visit to the paddock and on Thursday Royce had more love than he knew what to do with, he sat by my side and we ended our time with full on cuddles, so full of love is this boy Kiss of love.gif
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Royce is our go-to dog if you need cuddles! I had a lovely time in the paddock a few weeks ago. Just adore this boy x

Royce does do more than just cuddles in the paddock though!

Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
StephenB

Post by StephenB »

Royce and I went for a drive to the Ashdown Forest today. Straight in the van and ready to roll.
20201211_112409.jpg
He was fine driving down and had a full on sniff fest of the debris in the cabin!

We muzzled up on arrival but the found that we had the place to ourselves so muzzle off and long lead on wheyhey.gif

He really enjoyed every second of roaming around and led me up dyke and down dale.

20201211_120812.jpg
20201211_120849.jpg
20201211_121145.jpg
20201211_121531.jpg
20201211_122224.jpg
20201211_122343.jpg
Royce walked the long lead round a big tree so I walked round to catch up but he followed me and we ended up where we started bravo1.gif
20201211_122706.jpg
Back in the van we sat for a while to watch the world go by.
20201211_134548.jpg
And then had a little chop massage before we headed home.

Lovely soul is Royce. Got a lot to give and does not hold it back.
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

I'm so very lucky, I get to walk the beautiful Royce regularly thumbs.gif he's such a great dog and the more we have walked together the more I have got to know this amazing boy and figure out his likes and dislikes and I do love him so very much, quirks and all Kiss of love.gif
We set off on our walk quite late yesterday, but Royce didn't really care just so long as he's out with someone he loves then he's a very happy boy love4.gif
We enjoyed the most loveliest of walks, Royce having a good old sniff, he's so funny he does like to kick back after a wee and you do have to be prepared otherwise you can get get covered in mud!!
So Royce took me a little by surprise yesterday, you think you know a dog and then they surpass all expectations, Royce made me so proud I could quite literally have burst Kiss of love.gif
Heading back to kennels along the pathway we came across 3 off lead dogs, these dogs are quite well known In the area, they have no manners and have been known to attack our rescue dogs and local dogs too. We were both taken by surprise, but incredibly Royce stopped and looked to me, Royce wears a muzzle and can be dog reactive, but not a peep from him he was so not up for any fuss and was very happy for me to sort it all out and so I did, I've encountered this trio before and knew that the one and only thing that will stop them in their tracks and turn tail was my big old shouty gob!! So shout I did and off they ran. Royce is a sensitive boy but thankfully we came out of it unscathed and he just proved to me what I already knew, he needs someone to put him first, fill him with confidence and just love him as only he deserves Kiss of love.gif
Lynds

Post by Lynds »

We walk Roycie most Sundays now and he has really stolen our hearts.

As others have said, he is so affectionate and people-centric. He looks to you on walks for strokes and a tummy rub and is very connected to his humans.
He needs to build his confidence as he can be anxious but soon gets into his stride on walks. love4.gif love4.gif

He is a real gentle giant with the softest coat. I love to give him all the strokes he deserves and I really look forward to seeing him each week.

He is very ready for a human or two of his own. He would be such a great cuddly companion at home I am sure.

Fab boy love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif love4.gif
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

Yet again Royce made me so incredibly proud yesterday I could quite literally have burst thumbs.gif
Royce is sadly lacking in confidence, he has absolutely no idea how amazing he is, thankfully he has his regular walkers who try so very hard to instill that confidence and true self worth and give him wonderful cuddles on demand Kiss of love.gif
So yesterday we set off, a little hesitant as Royce really is not enjoying the current weather conditions, he is not a fan of mud or puddles.
We stuck to the roads to avoid that nasty mud and were having a lovely time, Royce has this way of looking at you and you know what me needs, big old massive cuddles, I can never resist a Royce cuddle love4.gif
So we were crossing the motorway bridge and had to cross over onto the other side because there were people and a dog coming towards us, Royce can be a bit dog reactive, but as we got to the other side I stupidly caught my foot in the mud and went face down! Many things crossed through my mind, but never did I imagine that Royce would stop, turn around and just come back to me, the look of concern on his face made my heart melt, he stayed still and by my side until I managed to get myself back up, how embarrassing for me but the lady passing by with her dog was so lovely and told Royce what an amazingly good boy he was, ditto that, Royce is becoming a bit of a super dog for me and I feel so lucky to have in my life until his most perfect home comes along Kiss of love.gif
Jude&Alf

Post by Jude&Alf »

SarahW he was outstanding, it was one of those moments when you are reminded how very amazing dogs are, even more so our RR dogs who have been through so very much and yet still they can put aside their fears when its absolutely necessary and step up.
I'm happy to say that Royce enjoyed a super long walk today and I spoiled him rotten with loads and loads of treats for being just the best boy Kiss of love.gif
Eggyem

Post by Eggyem »

Had a lovely time with Royce yesterday. My favourite thing about him is he always welcomes me into his kennel by flipping onto his back for some tummy tickles. Once he has had his strokes he is ready for his walk. I know how he feels about the mud so we stuck to the roads. It was a lovely day and we found a little patch of ground and Royce enjoyed laying on his back lapping up the first warm sunshine of the year and getting more lovely tummy tickles, he really is a big cuddly boy and I love spending time with him Kiss of love.gif
Beccastj

Post by Beccastj »

20A7CDB0-820E-4A80-B048-02E6B187F327.jpeg
I’ve recently joined the Royce fan club. There is something about the way he stops and nuzzles you for a stroke and really prefers cuddles to walks and the way he looks at you with his gorgeous eyes that make him irresistible. He walks at a perfect pace for me - though he has his strong moments- especially if he sees another dog. Royce is such a lovable dog, I hope a home that can help him with his fears steps forward soon.
B8BD239E-742A-41C8-A096-D6491CFCFFF6.jpeg
666A2A0F-A669-4D4F-9AC7-9F426B4C5A47.jpeg
E30D2110-0DD3-44AD-A0F6-08139199923D.jpeg
0E9D1FB9-72B2-4902-993F-7D6D63E2EE87.jpeg

Return to “Our Marvellous Mastiffs”