Victor Picardi x Lurcher DofB 27.06.16 Maplethorpe Lincs

Dogs that have found their forever home
Jan Case

Re: Victor Picardi x Lurcher DofB 27.06.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Jan Case »

I walked Victor today, what a gentle boy he is! No pulling, beautiful manners and very keen on treats! We had a very leisurely walk because Victor likes to sniff, but that suited me, lovely weather and a lovely boy by my side! We passed a couple of other dogs and Victor gave a quick bark and walked on, no problems at all. He had a nice roll in the grass, after I dissuaded him from rolling in the poo! I shall look forward to walking this gorgeous boy again xxx :smiley-chores002.gif:
anne

Post by anne »

Victor was keen to head down to the stream yesterday and as it was a lovely warm, sunny day, I thought, why not? He walked slowly down the steep muddy bank for which I was very grateful, as some dogs forget about you in their excitement to get to the stream and an unexpected paddle is not unknown! Victor was a very happy boy having a drink and a paddle. However while the edge of the stream is shallow, it quickly gets deeper and Victor stepped into the deeper water and scared himself, leaping into the air and out of the water like a scalded cat. Sorry Victor, you did make me laugh, especially as you did it a second and third time.
DSCF2673.jpgvictor.jpg
DSCF2676.jpgvictor.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

DSCF2829.jpgvictor.jpg
DSCF2830.jpgvictor.jpg
anne

Post by anne »

Victor made a new friend this morning, the gorgeous Rosie. Victor is always happy to walk with a calm companion but he doesn't usually choose to interact with them. This morning he was positively flirting with Rosie, there was a lot of mutual polite sniffing of each other happening. This was so lovely to see. love4.gif
Enjoying the sunshine this morning
Enjoying the sunshine this morning
anne

Post by anne »

Victor sure knows how to rock and roll. This was the favourite activity yesterday morning.
anne

Post by anne »

DSCF3743.jpgvictor.jpg
DSCF3630.jpgvictor.jpg
KateM17

Post by KateM17 »

I have a new friend! The lovely Victor said yes to a walk with me today......On entering his kennel, he was very excited and keen to get on his way! So whilst I played around with the leads he patiently sat by the kennel door and waited for me to clip on his leads and then we were off. Victor is a great lad, he doesn't pull and likes to take everything in his stride and at his own pace. He knew I had sausages, so was walking beside me, looking up and waiting......Victor can be a bit 'grabby' with his sausages and as I am rather fond of my fingers, a stern 'sit' and 'gently' does the trick. Victor is young and whilst you would expect him to be over excited, he is an extremely calm walk! We passed a few dogs (including Hooch) and Victor didn't bat an eyelid. A couple of pedestrians passed us and we stood to one side, he sat and waited to be told he was a 'good boy' and then took a sausage quite contently and carried on walking. Victor likes to throw himself to the ground and roll over in the grass, when he is ready he will get up and carry on walking. Sometimes this can take you by surprise, but when you know that is one of his traits, you kind of expect it! Victor was a really good boy on his walk and has definitely opened my eyes to another breed of dog for walking! When I returned him to his kennel after our walk, there was no reaction to the dogs either side of him. I was very proud of him and would happily take him out again. With a bit of training, Victor would be a great companion.

Victor 1.jpg
Leeanne

Post by Leeanne »

82445686-1EC7-4038-8608-C064553FFDC7.jpeg
I walked victor this morning and I always look forward to my walks with this amazing boy. Victor is excited to get going once out walking he is very calm and enjoys sniffing everything he can. He loves a roll in grass and wasn’t fussed by any other dogs walking past us today. Victor will need a calm home and understanding people as he gets a bit worried around new people. Once you know this as take things at victors pace, he is just amazing and will make someone very happy! love4.gif
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Good luck lovely boy :goodluck.gif:
heleny

Post by heleny »

Good luck lovely boy. I have missed our chats as I haven't been able to walk recently. Show everyone what an amazing boy you can be. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”