Donny Staffie x 1/4 Ridgeback DofB 2011 - 23rd June 2022

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
anne

Re: Donny Staffie x 1/4 Ridgeback DofB 2011 Crawley

Post by anne »

I was delighted to hear Sue and Donny's news on Friday. I have been walking with them for quite a few weeks now and Donny has grow in confidence and settled and Sue and I were saying how proud we were of him walking happily with different dogs. He is already doted upon and I think he knew he was home and was waiting for Sue and her daughter to realise this too. I am also delighted to learn that Sue will continue coming to walk the rescue dogs and Donny will be with her, so he can still enjoy walking alongside doggy companions. Happy days! thumbs.gif
anne

Post by anne »

An update on my last post as Donny and Sue come along to the kennels every week and Donny loves his social walks through the woods with other dogs. He has now walked with many different dogs and he really enjoys their company. This morning Donny and Sue walked with Nyla and I. We had a lovely relaxed walk as you can see in the video.
DSCF2207.jpgdonny nyla.jpg
sweetpea

Post by sweetpea »

Lovely update and video :goodjob.gif:
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Hello, lovely to hear from you.

As I type this Donny is sound asleep, on one of his many beds, on the floor behind me.
He does snore rather loudly, especially on my bed at night!

Thank you he is well.
He got over his bi perennial hernia op, very well, thankfuly.

He does have a small growth on his side which the vet is going to remove because he keeps scratching it and making it bleed.

Apart from that he is a little heavier than he was and a little more grey around the muzzle, but aren't we all.

I tell him he is getting too lazy, he wants shorter and shorter walks, we are working on a compromise.

Basically he is lovely, he loves my grandchildren who in turn love him.
In fact he loves all females and most men.

We love him to bits, thank you so much for bringing us together.

i hope you are well and that all is progressing well at the kennels.
Please pass on my best wishes to Sarah, Charlie and Anne.

Sue and Donny x
anne

Post by anne »

Lovely to hear from you Sue and so pleased Donny is doing so well. x
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Got a lovely email from Sue this morning - Donny certainly chose well when he convinced his mum he couldn’t possibly return to kennels after his foster time ! Well done Sue and Donny and lovely to hear from you :D

“Donny is very well, when I first had him he had a bi perennial hernia which eventually had to be operated on, an awful op, but he recovered and no problems in that area since.

He is now OK with other dogs, a lovely lady showed us what was happening when he saw a dog and we worked at it and now he is good 95% of the time, I take control so he doesn't have to worry and he gets a treat and everyone is happy. If he sees a dog in the distance he sits and looks at me wanting a treat for being good, sometimes the dog is so far away I can barely see it, but a deal is a deal, he behaves he get a treat.

He suffers from terrible separation anxiety and despite trying everything we have been told he still gets upset, so we don't leave him for more than 5 minutes to pop to the poop bin, he copes with that fine.

He has a life of luxury, sleeps frequently on my bed, has a bed in nearly every room, walks 3 - 4 miles most mornings, and we tell him he looks like an old teddy bear with thin patches from too much hugging and kissing.

He is 10 now, but I have to say his face looks a little grey but the body is still sleek/solid and beautiful, well we think so.”

0077.gif
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
anne

Post by anne »

So lovely to get an update from Sue and Donny. Glad he is doing well. I used to love our social walks with them both.
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

I said Donny chose his people well, just look at these gorgeous photos - he looks amazing xxx
06E6F2E0-9DCB-4BFE-9A10-3F7A7D360E53.jpeg
38290481-0AD3-4FEB-A72D-591367CCA441.jpeg
719BF1F3-FCA2-4890-85A5-2566BADDA6B7.jpeg
663F33DB-58B2-4F7C-A308-08B1ED4CD5C9.jpeg
One happy dog xxx
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
anne

Post by anne »

Lovely photos. He looks so healthy and happy.
xxlynne

Re: Donny Staffie x 1/4 Ridgeback DofB 2011 - 23rd June 2022

Post by xxlynne »

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Dear Dear Donny you wowed so many people and most importantly Sue and family. You made such a contribution in so many people's lives as you were a tender soul who was so sincere and sensitive and so so loving.

Thank you Sue feeling for you from us all..... :smiley-sad055.gif: Candle.gif Candle.gif Candle.gif

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”