Shadow Dutch Shepherd DofB 13.06.14 RRemedies Centre

Other breeds that are available for adoption
EmmaNicole

Re: Shadow Dutch Shepherd DofB 13.06.14 Gatwick Kenns

Post by EmmaNicole »

Oh shadow what a lovely and exciting bank holiday you have had with your best buddy Darren. It is so wonderful to see you continuing to blossom in your foster breaks and hopefully your dedicated forever humans will come very soon to help you continue on your journey to happiness love4.gif
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Shadow had his usual lovely long walk with Beth this afternoon - they’d been to the stream so Shads was nice and cool and relaxed when they got back to the kennels - such a handsome boy love4.gif
27B10D4B-7207-45CE-B095-45F09E3DAA4C.jpeg
7CFA9D98-F164-4B0A-9B6D-32EB50E59726.jpeg
833E2501-88FA-4F5F-8038-4D754AE26BD7.jpeg
BA3B2EBF-A4BD-4B69-BE31-5F42AD63E41B.jpeg
587549CE-E29A-492F-BF08-87F9C82987B7.jpeg
And then they headed off for some paddock fun :D
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
RosC

Post by RosC »

Shadow on the unallocated list today so I took my chance to take home out. 30 seconds of grabbing the leads then as always the game is over and you know there will be no more silliness.
We had a relaxed walk to the stream and back. Shadow lives a dip in the water and today was no exception. thumbs.gif
StephenB

Post by StephenB »

Arrived today to find Shadow out in the paddock. As he is excitable exiting the kennel, it was an opportunity to leave the site smoothly. So we were on our way. We walked the long way round with 2 dips in the steam. Shadow is definitely noisy with passing dogs and if they're too close he does start jumping around. Best to keep him close to the leg on a short lead, with a hand on him and he's fine.

He's an intelligent dog whose overexcitment vanishes when he's occupied. I find him a friendly and responsive companion.
Darren1

Post by Darren1 »

Ive had some lovely foster breaks with Shadow lately thumbs.gif He's still on top behaviour in the home and the past 3 visits have been as uneventful as the previous visits, Theres zero settling in period, no destructive behaviour, 100% house trained and he's been the PERFECT house guest love4.gif

As we spend more and more time together verbal and non-verbal commands are getting easier and faster, Hes such a clever chap and learns fast!!

Heres his non-verbal dinner commands -

And his favourite....

It was another hot weekend so I thought id surprise him with his own hot tub to cool off in -

We bumped into some friends while out on our evening stroll along the beach, They managed to catch a great photo while he was sitting having some snacks, after he's finished he sometimes like to jump up and give me a Thankyou bump on the nose and they happened to catch him mid-jump :)
Shadow Biscuits2.jpg
I really cant express what a great chap Shadow is, Hopefully the videos will give you a small insight into what a clever and devoted dog he can be and such a super companion :dog-115.gif:
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

Having spent an little time in the paddock with Shadow last week I decided it was high time that we got reacquainted so on Wednesday we went for a nice long walk :smiley-chores002.gif:

Shadow is always super excited to be going out but he sat patiently whilst I clipped the leads to his collar. As we exited his kennel though excitement took over and so we had a little game of tug with the leads. As quickly as it started it over though and Shadow was ready for the off and as calm as cucumber 0002.gif]

My plan for our first outing was just a short stroll close to the kennels but Shadow was enjoying himself so much and behaving so impeccably that we ended going for my longest walk of the day at well over an hour.

Shadow is a fabulous walking partner, no pulling just nose down enjoying the smells. he waited when asked, let dogs pass without fuss, was super good going down the bank to the stream and was just a general all round super star.

Shadow has really matured and all credit has to go to his regular walkers, in particular Darren as it is clear that his foster breaks and extra long walks have really helped this boy blossom into the most wonderful boy. I look forward to taking him out again soon love4.gif

1E55CB18-5D5D-4E60-BD93-A175870A4ACF.jpeg
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

Shadow and I have been continuing to get to know each on Wednesdays and last Wednesday we had the smoothest kennel exit yet. To try and alleviate the lead grabbing I used a rope toy as a decoy. This seemed to work really well and we had lead grabbing at all so I’m looking forward to seeing if we can replicate this again this week.

Once out shadow is the best walking partner. He likes a faster pace but doesn’t pull and is super good as following requests like wait, stop etc. He is a little unsure about passing dogs and likes to go up on his hind legs and sometimes gives a little bark but even when doing this he never pulls towards the dog and calms straight away once the dog has passed.

I’m really enjoying getting to know shadow and wish I had done it sooner. He would make a great addition to a shepherd experience home as whilst he does have some quirks he is super keen to learn and is a loving boy who has a lot to give to a home who is willing to be patient and guide him through k2727.gif love4.gif

Posing beautifully for a sausage
Posing beautifully for a sausage

CE525229-CBD4-48F0-8A45-84ABE0C29C10.jpeg
EmmaNicole

Post by EmmaNicole »

My Wednesday walks with Shadow continue and this week we started off by heading for the paddock. Shadow seemed to love this and spent several minutes zooming around and taking in the smells. After a while he slowed down and did a more thorough inspection of all the peemail coupled with some ball chasing. After a while it was time to head for a walk. Shadow always walks well and is not fazed by traffic or people. He gets a little agitated by passing dogs but is easily managed and as he is eager to learn I’m sure once in a home and getting regular walks this would diminish. Once back at base we enjoyed a lovely cuddle in shadows kennel which he always enjoys and leans in close love4.gif

Shadow is a lovely boy who has a whole load of love to give to someone who loves long walks and cuddles from a loyal boy with a huge heart Kiss of love.gif

7604B4B9-CBDF-4A23-AB11-66CC6A260AD5.jpeg
StephenB

Post by StephenB »

:smiley-bounce016.gi:
Shadow feels like he's filled out a bit? I don't think it's all winter coat. It suits him. He really is a lovely dog. Very responsive after his initial excitement of getting out and about. As usual he does like a dip in the river. Never goes any deeper than half way up his body....which is probably why he sat on the bank eyeing this new part of the stream? Maybe it looked a little deep? Anyway we found a shallow spot for his dip. We substitute the chain lead for the extender so I don't get me feet wet!
20211219_131451.jpg
RosC

Post by RosC »

I was lucky to walk my old friend Shadow yesterday.
I haven't walked him for a long time as he is always taken on a Saturday so I wasn't sure how our exit would be. I got the usual fabulous welcome in the kennel then Shadow behaved perfectly and by the time I had closed the door behind us he was calm and ready for his walk. We went round the common and Shadow was relaxed and well behaved the whole way. I think his little Foster break this last week had relaxed him well! Lots of cuddles and fuss along the way and then back for his tea.

Return to “Our Outstanding Rescue Remedies Dogs”