Chelsey Malinois x Lurcher DofB 05.07.16 RRemedies Centre

Other breeds that are available for adoption
ajweetch

Re: Chelsey Belgian Shepherd Malinois x DofB 05.07.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by ajweetch »

Spent part of my morning with top dog Chelsey yesterday. She's simply adorable and gives her all to you – I'm so pleased I'm her friend! Easy walker, great on the roads and through the woods, responsive and affectionate. Her only weaker point is her reactiveness to dogs but it is so easily managed and she is moved on without a second look. In fact, yesterday she only seemed to take her pick of dogs, and wasn't at all bothered by some. Here she is looking pretty in the sunshine.
IMG_2760 (1).jpg
IMG_2763 (1).jpg
Sarah and Joe

Post by Sarah and Joe »

Had a great walk with Chelsey, she is such a happy girl. She’s always excited to see you and to get out and spend time with friends. We went to the paddock first, she loves playing tug with you and plays really nicely. When you stop she leans into you for fuss and will cover you in kisses if you’re not careful love4.gif We then headed out for a walk and ended up following a couple of terriers, Chelsey can be dog reactive but she’s getting much better and handled herself really well, when she pulled to get closer , I stopped, waited for her realise and then called her and she came back to heel which earned her a treat and we then carried on walking behind. When they stopped for a sniff and a roll in the grass we stopped about 8ft away and I asked Chelsey to sit which she did and we watched them, giving her treats and praise and she was really chilled. After they left she took some time to have a roll and chill out! So impressed with her woo.gif]
anne

Post by anne »

Jack and I met Chelsey out on her walk with Bella, yesterday. Jack and Chelsey were quite relaxed about each other so we walked together back to the kennels.
jack2DSCF7745.jpg
jack3DSCF7746.jpg
ajweetch

Post by ajweetch »

Such a nice write up Sarah and I completely agree! Within the space of a minute we passed Honey, Scooby Akita and Jack whilst out yesterday, and she was totally cool throughout – all she cared about was a dip in the steam. We then pottered back to the kennels with Jack, as Anne captured nicely. She's such a sweet girl and I always look forward to seeing her.
SarahW

Chelsey Mali Shep. DofB 05.07.16 Gatwick Kenns

Post by SarahW »

I had a lovely spring walk with darling Chelsey the other week. I adore this girl. love4.gif

Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
Beccastj

Post by Beccastj »

AC9D3E16-5306-41FE-847B-ECD6DAC6E6B2.jpeg
I take Chelsey out every time I'm at RR, both for walks and wee breaks (as she is clean in her kennel). She always brings a toy or a blanket with her, which she drops as soon as she gets away from the noise of the kennels.
Earlier this week we popped into the Poet's Hut for a relax. When I took her out again, she led me back there. Chelsey loves a bit of a cuddle.
342B1B28-753A-441C-85E3-0DCF422EB783.jpeg
38B8EF4F-6C3A-4366-B701-ADCFE0954C1A.jpeg
6F14D40B-CC6F-4067-967A-8E8C48017FCC.jpeg
DF88B97C-F066-4D15-B3D2-3ECADD03FC04.jpeg
Sarah and Joe

Post by Sarah and Joe »

Love this girl, she’s so happy and she loves spending time with her friends. You get a great greeting when you go into her, the lurcher in her means she leans into you to get as close as possible love4.gif With it being so hot today we only spent 5 mins in the paddock playing tug - which she adores and then a walk in the woods, passed by a couple of dogs , and she behaved brilliantly listening to me and walking on. :goodjob.gif: We stopped a few times so she could relax in the cool grass area and have her belly rubbed and thanked me by covering my face in kisses 0002.gif]
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

This week was Chelsey's 6th Birthday. She is a darling and has the best kennel with her own windows over looking the goings on at the Centre and keeps a very keen interest on her neighbour Georgie the cat. She retains her original training of relieving herself as soon as exiting her dwelling.

We think she is a Malinois (Belgian Shepherd) x which gives her characteristic nipping as a herder. She seldom nips but it helps to place it as a breed characteristic. The German Shepherd's characteristic tendencies are more to guard.

Chelsey has her fan club who support her through Rescue and is very comfortable in her skin!
ajweetch

Post by ajweetch »

Many cuddles were had yesterday after a month away from the kennels. Chelsey is always ecstatic to see you, and is usually my easiest walk. She just potters along, moves past dogs well at a distance, responds to cues, and then enjoys a very respectful game of tug in the paddock. Here she is, poised for the throwing of a ball.
IMG_4574 (1).jpg
ChantalPM

Post by ChantalPM »

I met Chelsey yesterday and what a lovely girl she is. As soon as you’ve been introduced she’s your best friend. Strong on the lead but soon settles well, look forward to walking her again and getting to know her love4.gif

Return to “Our Outstanding Rescue Remedies Dogs”