Chelsey Malinois x Lurcher DofB 05.07.16 RRemedies Centre

Other breeds that are available for adoption
ChantalPM

Re: Chelsey Belgian Shepherd Malinois x DofB 05.07.16 RRemedies Centre

Post by ChantalPM »

I only met Chelsey last week so I was a bit apprehensive of walking her alone today but I had nothing to fear. As soon as she saw me she was loving and excitable. Loved the river, pulled me into the little hut for a cuddle on the chair even though it was rather warm she wouldn’t budge! She is a joy to walk and I look forward to spending time with her again love4.gif
Sarah and Joe

Post by Sarah and Joe »

Got to walk Chelsey girl again Friday, she is lovely, I get a wonderful greeting when I enter her kennel and she easily lets you put on the leads. She is always eager to get out as she is a clean girl so she pulls a bit to find a secluded area to do her business and then she settles down.
We went to the paddock and played tug for a while, which she loves but she stops often and leans into you for cuddles love4.gif She can still be reactive , especially around cats but we passed a few dogs on our walk and she was great. Special girl!
SarahW

Post by SarahW »

Chelsey is such a cracking girl. Would love to see in her forever home.

Would you like to walk our lovely dogs too?
Dog walking volunteer form
James

Post by James »

Chelsey is such a lovely girl. She’s been my regular running partner for the best part of a year and she is really a big softie who loves a cuddle and will regularly stop and ask for one.

She can be reactive to some dogs and can occasionally bark at people, especially the ones who seem to be doing something strange to her like waiting for us to pass on a narrow track, but she seems purely to be protective of her walker rather than aggressive at all. When off lead dogs have rushed up to her there’s been lots of barking but she’s never tried to engage beyond that even when she had the opportunity. She’s all bark, basically.

Chelsey has a very strong sense of routine and appears to be extremely well housetrained, doing her business outside as soon as she’s in the same place each time.

She often gets admiring comments from strangers, who love her multi-coloured coat and wolf-like features.

She will make someone very happy!
Sarah and Joe

Post by Sarah and Joe »

Totally agree James - she is lovely love4.gif
I took her out today and she was on top form, chasing the ball, playing tug and leaning in for cuddles.
She even listened to me when she spotted the cat and didn’t try and drag me over to it thumbs.gif
ChantalPM

Re: Chelsey Malinois x Lurcher DofB 05.07.16 RRemedies Centre

Post by ChantalPM »

The beautiful Chelsey love4.gif once introduced she really is your best friend. I’ve taken her out a few times, she’s energetic and keen to get going. She does enjoy her treats but more so when she’s back in her kennel. She loves a good scratch and always happy to see me whether I’m saying hello in her kennel, when she’s just being taken out or as yesterday, when I was getting myself sorted to go home she wanted to come say hi to me at my car.
I hope one day her furever family find her, she’s so ready for love!
Sarah and Joe

Post by Sarah and Joe »

Got to spend some quality time with Chelsey girl today. wheyhey.gif She’s one of my favourites, once she’s knows you she’s so happy to see you, tail wagging and lots of kisses.
She’s always eager to get out so she can toilet discreetly and then it’s off to play in the paddock.we had fun with the tennis ball and playing tug until she demanded cuddles love4.gif
We had a lovely walk, she’s always on the look out for a squirrel and I’m sure she thinks she can climb a tree but luckily she’s easily distracted by treats. She can still get barky around other dogs but that is becoming less and like today when it happens you can get her calmed down really quickly.
She just needs a special person to share her hugs and kisses with …I really hope someone will give this lovely girl a chance soon. :crossfingers.gif:
Sarah and Joe

Post by Sarah and Joe »

Another great session with Chelsey today woo.gif]
I really enjoy my time with her, she has so much to give and today she was in an affectionate mood and just kept coming in for cuddles. love4.gif She needs a home where she can be appreciated and loved for the fantastic girl she is. Are you going to be that special person?

She’s good on the lead , she’ll only pull if she spots a squirrel 0002.gif] whilst she can be reactive to other dogs , she’s also treat oriented and once you know her signs you can easily keep her from reacting. We came across 2 dogs on our walk and both times we were able to follow without any negative reactions. She checked in on me and was rewarded with a treat or a cuddle.
Sarah and Joe

Post by Sarah and Joe »

Got to spend time with Chelsey again today wheyhey.gif , she was in a soppy mood and just kept leaning in for some fuss, walk a bit and then another sit down so I could fuss her and she could cover me in kisses and a couple of belly rubs wheyhey.gif
She behaved really well with other dogs as well today, had a couple walk pass us and with a treat in hand I asked her to sit , I let her see the other dogs and when she didn’t react she got the treat and lots of fuss, we even followed a dog for 5 mins with no issues woo.gif]
Love this girl.
Sarah and Joe

Post by Sarah and Joe »

Another great walk with Chelsey, she was chilled out and was more interested in getting cuddles and fuss than walking. I was very happy to oblige her. I think she’s a great dog, she’s less reactive now when she sees other dogs and will follow a calm dog nicely. She still loves squirrel or cat hunting though. 0002.gif]

Return to “Our Outstanding Rescue Remedies Dogs”