Heidi Staffie DOB 02.07 - 25.01.2022

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
xxlynne

Heidi Staffie DOB 02.07 - 25.01.2022

Post by xxlynne »

Heidi50.JPG
We sadly had to say goodbye to Heidi this morning. She's had severe entropium due to the muscle loss in her face and developed eye ulcers which resisted treatment and became deep and at risk of rupturing. At the grand age of 15, we decided, with the vet, that surgery was not an option, so we let her go with dignity and before it became too painful. It was a very difficult decision because otherwise she was still the strong little trooper that just kept going. We could not have asked for a more sweet little dog, who adored our Grandchildren. The hole she has left is enormous as was her character. We are truly heartbroken, but honoured to have had her in our lives.
shutterstock_21924754.jpg
Heidi's Thread below:
Current Status: Homed
Heidi needs a supportive family to offer time and tolerance to allow their new dog to settle.
NB Our Rescue asks owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces and manage encounters, as dog law changes place dog's lives at greater risk.

Known background: Heidi was found stray/abandoned and unclaimed within a council pound. We stepped forwards to offer a Rescue place. Heidi is now spayed, chipped and fully vaccinated. Heidi was in boarding kennels nr Guildford, and now in foster as a single dog.

10 years old and best as an only dog. Heidi is good with children. Heidi is perfect at home, clean & not protective of her food. Heidi doesn’t go on furniture unless invited & knows her paws needs to be cleaned after a walk & will stand still until done. If a dog is barking outside, she does not bark back & barely acknowledge it. Only barks if teased with a treat. Great in a “city” environment Meeting other dogs as long as you have responsible owners no problems, you move her along. Not for cats. Cheekie character Only issue she is keen ‘puller’ on the lead behaves like a youngster! Great funster!

Visit Heidi's thread for daily updates, lots of pictures and videos. Please click to submit Online Application We will match you with a dog that suits your lifestyle, please remain open we successfully home 350 dogs per annum. We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes.

***PLEASE HELP: We have to ask for suggested min. donation £175 at the time of adoption, to support so many dogs in kennels. We have no state sponsorship and exist on the goodwill of the public and our supporters. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life.
Heidi30.jpg
HeidiPaw (1).jpg
Heidi71.JPG
Heidi79.JPG
Heidi17.JPG
Heidi19.JPG
Heidi's Thread below: Watch progress through our Rescue
Original Referral: Adam Broxbourne Kennel owner has asked us if we can find Heidi her new family

Heidi came into our Rescue today. She had a lovely walk alongside Freddie then Heidi spent the night with Jackie
Heidi5.jpg
Heidi6.jpg
Heidi7.jpg
xxlynne

Re: Heidi Staffie DOB 02.07 Tunbridge Wells Temp Foster

Post by xxlynne »

Heidi went into our vets today our vet went to spay but discovered she was spayed, she was 1st vaccinated and was found already chipped.
MrsP

Re: Heidi Staffie DOB ?2006 Tunbridge Wells Temp Foster

Post by MrsP »

Heidi and friends, very relaxed and happy in doggy company
on the left
on the left
on the left again
on the left again
and again!
and again!
johnfowle

Post by johnfowle »

Heidi has been here a couple of days now. She has been introduced to the "Mob" and was fine with all of them until Kingsley took exception at being sat upon. Just "handbags" and both settled down quickly. She's extremely friendly and keen to welcome her walkers with a wagging tail. I slept with her on her first night and she snuggled up close to me and didn't move a muscle until it was time to get up. She walks with purpose and enjoys the smells of the woods near here.

She will make some lucky person a super companion and is remarkably active for a nine year old.
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

I loved meeting Heidi when I did my last photos up at Broxbourne, she's such a happy staff, an utter delight, and other than her gorgeous grey muzzle you really would never know her age, feast your eyes on the beauty ...
DSC08249.JPG
DSC08250.JPG
DSC08248.JPG
DSC08282.JPG
DSC08283.JPG
DSC08287.JPG
DSC08289.JPG
DSC08292.JPG
DSC08294.JPG
DSC08300.JPG
And Heidi loved to roll in the shade ...
DSC08267.JPG
DSC08271.JPG
DSC08279.JPG
Isn't she lovely, cheeky grin too :biggrin.gif:
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
Chapmania

Re: Heidi Staffie DOB ?2006 Godstone Kenns

Post by Chapmania »

I had the pleasure of meeting Heidi yesterday, such a friendly girl. As soon as she saw the leads and harness in my hand she was very excited. Very easy girl to harness and get ready, no reaction to passing dogs in the kennel block.

Heidi walked well to the paddock. As soon as I let her off lead she was off enjoying herself, running and running. She had several good rolls but wasn't that keen on playing ball. There was far too much investigating to do :)

On our walk I discovered that Heidi does not like cats, squirrels or birds, she was ready for the chase! Not suitable to be homed with small furries judging by her reaction.

A super little girl with a lot more energy than I thought she would have. She reminded me of Kizzie, a much loved older lady who happily is in her forever home. Fingers crossed your forever home isn't far away, Heidi :crossfingers.gif:
AJandBillie

Post by AJandBillie »

We met Heidi yesterday and she had a play and photoshoot in the paddock with us. She was very easy to harness up and she was unreactive to the dogs she passed in the kennels.

Once she was in the paddock she had loads of energy and just wanted to whizz around. We could tell she was old from her grey muzzle but I've just seen her DOB and she's 9 years old! WOW! She still has loads of energy. She really enjoyed having a roll around and wanted to play with the ball flinger and not the ball itself. She was a lovely, friendly girl! She seemed so happy to be out of her kennels and running around, we felt so sad putting her back in.

Here are some pictures of her, we have more so watch out for them...
Hedi  13.jpg
Heidi 1.jpg
Heidi 2.jpg
Hedi 3.jpg
Heidi 4.jpg
Heidi 5.jpg
Heidi 6.jpg
Hedi 7.jpg
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Impossible not to take pictures of this gorgeous girl ! Here's some from yesterday ...
DSC09438.JPG
DSC09442.JPG
DSC09443.JPG
DSC09441.JPG
:D
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
AJandBillie

Post by AJandBillie »

Here are some more pictures of Heidi, as promised!
Hedi 18.jpg
Hedi 17.jpg
Hedi 16.jpg
Hedi 15.jpg
Hedi 14.jpg
Hedi  13.jpg
Hedi 12.jpg
Hedi 11.jpg
Hedi 10.jpg
Hedi 9.jpg
Hedi 8.jpg
VAL

Post by VAL »

Heidi is now in Gatwick Kennels and I think I was the first to walk her here. She is no trouble at all and soon we were off. She was raring to go and explore all the new sights, sounds and smells. She certainly has energy. There is a bridge with two horizontal poles which the dogs either crawl under or climb in between. Heidi leapt over both - something I'd never seen before! Sorry no pictures as I'm no photographer. :smiley-confused004.gif:

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”