In-depth reading prior to your application:
Are you ready to commit to welcoming a new family member now and all that entails in terms of time, patience, love and understanding? Is your home environment dog safe (suitable fencing etc) and are you allowed to have a dog if you live in rented property?
Are you open minded about breed because the more flexible you are the more likely it is that we will be able to find a match for you? If you do want a particular breed, have you researched its breed characteristics or, if you are interested in a particular dog, have you read their forum entry? Do you share our commitment to dog safety and compliance with dog laws? To that end, please be aware of our On-lead Committment.
Our homing process is centred around our Homing Questionnaire which is designed to find suitable homes meeting our stringent criteria and to minimise the risk of homing failure.
- Unfortunately, we can’t take calls or accept visits as we simply don’t have the available resources to do so.
- Please treat us with respect - we reserve the right to do what we believe to be in the best interests of our dogs which we understand may mean we disappoint you for which we apologise.
- We are sorry that we can’t provide feedback to unsuccessful applicants, we simply don’t have the time to do so and concentrate all our limited voluntary resources on homing our dogs.
- We will acknowledge receipt and vet your application to determine initial suitability.
- If your application passes our detailed checks (and if we have a suitable dog/s) you will be contacted to arrange an interview and answer any questions you may have.
- If both parties agree, you visit the kennels and meet the suitable dog/s with your existing dog/s if you have any.
- Depending how the meeting goes you will either be able to take the dog(s) home having completed the paper work and made the appropriate donation (our minimum Adoption Donation is £250; £400 for pup under 1 yr old) or, occasionally, you may be asked back to build up a trusting relationship with the dog prior to homing.
We make a commitment to our dogs for life and in the event that a homing does not work out we will take the dog back. All we ask is that you have given the homing your very best shot.
Please note that if you have to return a dog to us your homing donation will not be refunded to you.