Todd Parson's JRT DOB 08.08.09 Nr Canterbury

Dogs that have found their forever home
Rescue Remedies

Todd Parson's JRT DOB 08.08.09 Nr Canterbury

Post by Rescue Remedies »

Jan 15, 2011 10:50 pm
F2FE5D3D-FF24-4F64-8C4B-BB0D76D6DB26_zpsuanjgxr9.jpg
Homing Requirements: Todd needs companionship with freedom of the house to be with and beside. Todd can be left for short periods. He needs a 6' panel fencing terrierrescue proof garden with security surrounding exit management. Ideally he would benefit from a dog centred home and basic training course.

His Story: Todd's owner took him in to rescue him as a pup..he was in a bad state but bought him back to health. He is now very well, living with 4 children and needs a secure garden to enjoy and lots of lovely walks. He is neutered and vax'd.

Advert: Todd is very affable. He longs to please and is pleased to help. Todd leads a restricted life currently as he manages to get into neighbouring gardens. Todd would adore a secure fair sized garden to run around in and to share. Todd would love long walks and a companion life though copes well being left for short periods of time in the house. Todd is fluent with children but can get excited with visitors so wears a muzzle for 30 mins though has never nipped.

Todd has still to discover life. He is a wonderful character and everso happy to involve himself in tasks at hand. He can jump over stair gates; Todd wants to be where the action is and his current situation leaves him closed off quite a lot of the time. So Todd awaits a situation which is geared to his needs..he is pretty novice but keen.

If you are interested in re-homing please complete Our on-line Homing Questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.
David SW8

Re: Todd Parson's JRT DOB 08.08.09 Vauxhall SW London

Post by David SW8 »

It's well over three years since that ad was written and Todd has been on quite the journey. He has calmed down a lot, is an amazingly good dog in the house and apart from his reaction to strange dogs is good outside. He loves his home, the bed, food, his doggy and human pals and putting up with all that Sid asks of him. He was our introduction to Rescue Remedies and lots of other good things across the past three + years. He's a wonderful, cheeky and supremely loveable dog.

Todd and Peter in our yard this morning:

23DD8C08-A6FC-44AF-8D19-AE3504964A02_zpsl9ccqblh.webp

9E85C1A9-7AA9-431A-9BAE-11553F73CF01_zpshplidrux.webp

6EF053C2-A8AF-4FE4-89EC-939BFD610BAA_zpsgj7dlppa.webp

0E9D8C96-1FEE-4118-BE01-D82F1A435BB0_zpswe0b5kep.webp
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. Gilder Radner
Rescue Remedies

Post by Rescue Remedies »

I remember Peter got bitten 2x in the first 24 hours or was it more?! Wonderful to see him enveloped in love
David SW8

Post by David SW8 »

It was something like that. Cheeky Todd. It took him six months to calm down and learn that it was OK to let us know he did not want something to happen rather than nip. He never shuts up now and never nips. The hoodlum.
68e4317d-a5ec-4cd2-bc85-82f120eb8c98_zps7174ccc4.webp
He loves playing in a skateboard park when we go north. He lives to go after treats dropped into the skateboard pit and then run up the near vertical walls.
DAFDA456-C4E3-4AF8-BDEE-9BBC2E624621_zpsxixzkzvm.webp
E52B7DA5-1633-44FE-9E8D-63640C92EA63_zps0unz52kp.webp
D1235F77-D132-43B3-9883-D2AF4DC51A3C_zpsealrxmra.webp
We had been playing ball for half an hour and he was shattered.
F2FE5D3D-FF24-4F64-8C4B-BB0D76D6DB26_zpsuanjgxr9.webp
Butter wouldn't melt in either of their mouths (probably because one of them has just snuck the pack off the side of the kitchen and eaten all of it)
30902F0C-5498-47B4-AC63-5A2ABDE1AC62_zpsmikbyyzy.webp
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. Gilder Radner
David SW8

Post by David SW8 »

Todd turned five years old yesterday. Hard to believe he is that age as time has flown by with him. He had a quiet day today although the tradition of him having a curry for dinner continued. By the time it was cooked I had Todd, Sid and Cody sitting in the kitchen with all six eyes focused on what I was up to. Three clean bowls later they were very happy and full.

Weather permitting we will head off to the coast tomorrow for a nice walk on the beaches that Todd loves.

He has been so good the past few months welcoming both Oreo and Cody into his home and, even with his odd moments of madness when he flings himself around the house bouncing off the bed and the couch, he is still a super dog who has grown so much. He has his little quirks and habits - we can't walk past a dog grooming shop that his pal Lucky's Mum owns without him poking his nose in to see if it is open and if so, can he can get a treat. He also remains the only dog I know who will happily have needles stuck into him so long as there is the promise of dried liver and therefore cannot walk past the vet without pulling to get in. He has seemingly boundless energy and is always up for a walk, game or play.

Couple of pics of the handsome lad from today:

Having a rest after the morning walk
Todd 2.JPG
Snoozing off dinner
Todd 1.JPG
Looking forward to the next five years!
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Happy birthday for yesterday Todd :D
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
David SW8

Post by David SW8 »

Todd has not had the best day in his life. Whilst he got see the Vet, who he loves, and be fed dried liver he also had to have needles stuck in him, a foot shaved and spend a good few minutes being held in mid air whilst horizontal. He was such a good boy and just took what was coming to him without complaint. He has managed to do something to his foot which has become infected so is on meds and has to wear a lampshade collar until Sunday.

He does not like that collar. Not one little bit.
image.jpg
Sarahk

Post by Sarahk »

Poor Todd, that does mean you will need to spoil him rotten boys !

Sending get well soon hugs to Todd from Oxted :smiley-gen132.gif:
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
David SW8

Post by David SW8 »

Thanks Sarah. Operation spoiled rotten in full effect and hugs passed along.

Todd is much easier with the collar now although not really loving it. Oh well, three more days to go.
image.jpg
nina

Post by nina »

Poor Tod, at least the collar is colour matching, always important for a boy about town :cool: :cool:

Give the brave boy a kiss from me xx

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”