Re: Jollie (Jolly) Staffie DOB 11.09 Biggin Hill

Post by Rescue Remedies_2 »

anne 01 Dec 2013 01:36 pm

update needed .........pretty please!
Rescue Remedies_2

ann and tony 05 Dec 2013 10:16 pm

Jollie has now really found his feet. Three weeks ago when he first When he arrived he was quite anxious but now he has settled in. In the first week he was quite nervous and off his food -we had a spell where we were feeding him by hand and we think he lost some weight. Now we have the opposite problem he is eating everything we put down and we are having to think about reducing the portions so he doesn't get fat - a sign he is content.
He is a very sensitive dog and loves to both be loved and in turn give back love. We all snuggle down on the settee in the evening and he drapes himself over us and just crashes out.
Nothing has been chewed or destroyed except the toys we got for his arrival. They lasted about 1 hour before they were confiscated for safety reasons with the stuffing hanging out. Have now got him some Staffie proof toys - should have known better really having been there before.
Rescue Remedies_2

ann and tony 05 Dec 2013 10:51 pm

He is so easy. At night he settles down in the living room where we cover him over and he stays there all night. He hasn't taken any food that isn't his and at the weekend he barked at the doorbell - he now thinks he owns the place!
He is getting a one hour walk in the morning and a 20 min walk at night. He has already worked out the routine and understands "walkies". We now have to spell it out.
This morning we were late getting up and he came upstairs asking to go out for a wee. He truly is a good boy
He has met some other dogs but we have been cautious and kept him in close check. From what we can see he loves to engage wagging his tail and disappointed when parting. There has been the odd growl but he has never initiated that but only responded.
Rescue Remedies_2

SarahK 05 Dec 2013 11:08 pm

So pleased to hear, lovely to think of him sprawled over you on a comfy sofa in the warm woo.gif]
Rescue Remedies_2

anne 06 Dec 2013 07:53 am

Big smiles here for my favourite boy, thinking of him having lovely daily walks and snuggled up on the sofa with you in the evening. He is a special little dog, that more than anything, craved to be loved.
:thanks.gif:
Rescue Remedies_2

ann and tony 23 Dec 2013 12:51 am

Jollie has now been with us for 7 weeks and what a journey. From anxious new boy to "I'm in charge and fully at home boy". He's not really in charge although we think he thinks he is - if you see what I mean.

Look at the photos. The first one is where he had just arrived and is sitting up. He's stiff and reserved. The second one is where he is lying down - still not out flat and tucked in tight. The third one is on his back a couple of weeks later - fully at home.

He is still getting two walks a day but in the last few days we've had to abandon the fields which have become a quagmire because of all the rain. Nevertheless the roads are quiet and he only sees a couple of cars. He's not trying to chase them as hard and totally ignored one tonight - real progress

The final photo is Jollie getting ready for xmas but what he doesn't yet realise is that there's only two things to open up on xmas day - that's because cheeky boy head dived the shopping bags and found his tennis balls and new Kong. Still he's got them early

He loves his kong toys and we play with him a lot

He's very loving and he has stolen our hearts. He gets lots of attention and lots of cuddles - great therapy and it's good for him too!

We leave him for short spells and he seems at ease when this is done. He snuggles down well at night.

He's also made friends with the postman who also has a Staffie.

He's met other dogs and to our surprise a large number have been rescued. He seems pleased to see them and wags his tail.

Tony

Rescue Remedies_2

SharonR 23 Dec 2013 06:12 am

Lovely update and he looks fab. ball2.gif
Rescue Remedies_2

Nina 23 Dec 2013 06:32 am

Absolutely thrilled when I saw an update from Jollie. It has made my Christmas. xmaskick.gif xmaskick.gif xmaskick.gif love4.gif
Rescue Remedies_2

anne 23 Dec 2013 08:00 am

What a lovely surprise to wake up to, a lovely update from Jollie. I love the photo of him upside down. He really does look happy and relaxed. I am so happy to think of him warm and loved at Christmas time. Here's hoping his forever home is just around the corner. xx
Give him a very big hug and cuddles from me please. newyear.gif :smiley-gen132.gif:
Rescue Remedies_2

goodvic2 23 Dec 2013 08:54 am

Wonderful update. Thank u xx

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”