Pippin Blk & Tan Fell Terrier 05.06.07 - 16th May 2022

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Rescue Remedies_3

Re: Pippin Blk & Tan Fell Terrier 05.06.07 Reading Barks

Post by Rescue Remedies_3 »

Posted: 24 Nov 2013 by SharonR-Admin

Delighted to hear that Pippin has gone into foster today. When we saw him yesterday at the photoshoot he wasn't quite so shy as he was a month ago, but I am sure he will come on leaps and bounds in a home with a routine.

Here he is, who I affectionately call ... One up, One Down!
Pippin1.jpg
Pippin2.jpg
Pippin3.jpg
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: 24 Nov 2013 by rummibailey

Lovely photos, he looks so much more relaxed than last time! He's even more relaxed at the moment!!!
1.jpg
2.jpg
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: 25 Nov 2013 by rummibailey

Well, I am very impressed!

He crashed out on the dog bed next to the sofa all evening. The dogs are happily passing each other and having the odd sniff. Mitzy and Pippin had a little play yesterday evening but they got a bit OTT and had a little scuffle. Since then they have been quite settled with each other so perhaps they just needed to sort out what's what!

They spent the night downstairs together quite happily and no accidents. I heard him sniffing at our bedroom door at 7am and found him in Sophie's room in the morning so think she needs to shut her door! lol

He's lovely with the girls, enjoying a fuss and cuddle. He was happy to have his coat and harness on this morning and came on the 50 minute round trip walk to take the girls to school. He is not at all bothered by traffic and noisy road works. Passed people quite happily and said hello to a couple very nicely. Was interested to see some dogs from a distance but no barking.

I was able to walk him and Sam together and they were fine. He was happy to sit before crossing the roads - clever little chap!

We even had the excitement of seeing an albino squirrel on the path in front of us, which he of course wanted to chase but listened well, didn't bark and carried on happily.

He is an absolute pleasure to walk - puts a big smile on your face on a Monday morning!

He loves exploring the garden and checking out all the hideaway places. Him and Sam had great fun playing chase - Sam loves his new playmate! x
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: 25 Nov 2013 by rummibailey

Think these photos speak volumes, and it hasn't even been 24 hours yet....good boy!
1.jpg
2.jpg
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: 26 Nov 2013 by rummibailey

Pippin was enjoying the sunshine today - indoors of course! lol

Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: 26 Nov 2013 by rummibailey

He's also very good with the girls

Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: 27 Nov 2013 by rummibailey

Pippin was left for 45 mins today with Sam whilst Mitzy came to meet the girls from school. All was well when we returned. He's very good about only coming up on the sofa when asked, but definitely prefers to snuggle next to you if given the chance.

He's actually quite a low energy boy! He gets a 50 minute walk in the morning and spends most of the day sleeping! I'm sure if it was warmer he'd be investigating the garden but he's not impressed by the chill in the air! This little man likes his home comforts!
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: 28 Nov 2013 by rummibailey

Pippin has settled in really well. Him and Mitzy seem to have come to an agreement and are pretty relaxed with each other now. He's managed to worm his way onto the sofa and likes to help me on the laptop!

He's also got a snuggly new coat for the chilly mornings:

He really likes a cuddle and if you sit on the floor for a bit he'll be on your lap. He's not clingy and doesn't follow you around the house but likes to lay next to you on the sofa.

He's a lovely dog, and very easy to fall for. If you want a cuddly terrier that's good with dogs and children and happy to be left, fill in that form!
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: 30 Nov 2013 by rummibailey

I took Pippin to our small local playing field/park today so he could have a run on the extender lead. I wanted to see what he was like before taking him on the woods/fields walk with our dogs being off lead.

He loved running but was quite connected, coming back to me and changing direction when asked. He is such a delight to walk as he is so happy!

He saw a couple of dogs at a distance and was interested but not vocal.

When I came back, my daughter's 15 year old friend had come round to visit. I only realised after I had let Pippin in, and I was just about to tell her to give Pippin time to say hello...............to find him instantly snuggled up on her lap on the sofa! Very impressed Pippin!

We did our Christmas decorations today, which was quite hectic with an excited 8 year old girl, but he wasn't at all bothered by the noise and rush.

He's very good at training children!

Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: 01 Dec 2013 by rummibailey

Pippin is making the most of the fire being on! Our dogs' decided they didn't want to miss out!

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”