Mackie Staffie DOB 07.10 -09.15

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Rescue Remedies

Mackie Staffie DOB 07.10 -09.15

Post by Rescue Remedies »

Jun 08, 2011 12:29 am

Beloved Mackie will always be remember for the gentle innocent soul he was always managing to cope with his special needs and engendered love from the dogs he spent his day with. He loved other dogs and he loved his family. Such a pleasure to share our lives in his company forever...

Mackie.jpeg
Homing Requirements: Mackie needs a stable family as an only dog or other dog(s). May prove cat friendly as his intentions are honourable! Mackie has special needs ref. vision, involuntary nature of incontinence laying his parcels, mentally challenged but charmingly simple in his orentation to life. Mackie is a kind, unpolished dog. Sincere. Needs family to accept his limitations and love him for them.

His Story: Mackie was found stray in a very poor state which took 2 months to get him healthy enough for neuter. He is chipped and vaccinated. Mackie is fostered in Richmond with 5 other dogs.

Advert: Mackie is a dear, dear soul who wins the heart of EVERYONE he meets. He is gentle and has an exceptionally differential temperament. Mackie presents as a puppy with such regard for his people and other companions. Mackie walks well on the lead with determination and purpose. If Mackie was human he would be wearing thick rimmed glasses, he seems to 'tune into' any situation. Mackie travels well in a car.

Mackie is a black brindle Staffie: Sincere, shy, slightly aloof but is learning to receive love and gives little licks now. Everyone is Mackie’s buddy! He makes friends easily. He needs understanding, care. He can be left Can get confused if he hears something the other side of the fence or through a door. I'm not sure Mackie is rehomeable..due to his lack of control over his 'pooh' and he can turn and eat it if not counselled to leave. He also can chew the furniture or fencing if he gets concerned. He is lovingly fostered with the founder of Staffie Rescue forever or until this treasure finds a special family ... could that be YOU?!

Interested in homing Mackie? Please click to complete our on-line homing questionnaire to match a suitable dog with your lifestyle.

Please visit Mackie's thread on our forum to find out if still available and for fuller details. For daily updates Click our forum link and you will find the full range of dogs available for homing

***PLEASE NOTE: We are a rescue finding dogs their forever homes. We usually ask for a minimum donation of £150 at the time of adoption, for each dog, to help us continue helping homeless dogs***

Please visit Mackie Staffie DOB 07.10 Richmond Surrey Foster
on our Forum to find out more and follow his progress.

If you are interested in re-homing please complete Our on-line Homing Questionnaire so we can ensure our dogs are matched and will suit your circumstances/lifestyle.

See Mackie's Thread below: Watch his progress through our Rescue
Referral Details: Date Found stray 26th May very thin about 1 yr old. Colour Black with slight brindle markings on legs

Mackie is booked in for vet check, neutered, vax and chip on Thursday the 9th June
Rescue Remedies_3

Re: Mackie Staffie DOB 07.10 Richmond Surrey

Post by Rescue Remedies_3 »

Posted: 10 Jun 2011 by xxlynne

Oh Mackie sweet little tender soul you so need your new supportive loving family around you now..

Mackie was found stray in quite a state and your mind races as to try and understand his past. He is very thin; his fur is in very poor condition; he is hot to touch. His teeth are stained and show signs of him being at least 1-2 yrs?..YET your first impression is a staffie puppy of about 7-8 months partly because of his small size and secondly he doesnt carry the bulk which comes in a Staffie's 2nd year. He arrived at the vet with diarrhoea caked to his backside and so Ian scratched his head (metaphorically and literally!)..we drew together a plan as we had to with Mystic when she came to us. He is not strong enough for a GA at this time..so Milbebax wormer to rid him of any lingering uninvited guests. Then a cause of antibiotics to support his system. We will Advocate him in 3 days time. He needs a build up diet and Sue has already been experimenting with foods that suit him and is already on the case, the Milbemax wormer will support her efforts. We also microchipped him

Then he came into the front of my car and we zoomed off to pick up Twiggy from Tim's (Vets) and sped around the M25 to deliver her into her fosterers hands. He cuddled up in the car and attached himself to my left shoulder with his body behind my shoulder and his head resting on my shoulder and at one point licking my neck methodically and even nibbling my ear, He repeated this on resuming my drinving position each time. I had to go home to charge my phone as it had cut out. I was conscious I would give Mackie a tray of Naturediet at home but ended up stopping for a even more special treat for us both ..we shared brunch fish and chips He was so pleased and so was I, to put some calories and protein inside him as a special special treat. Mackie enjoyed my garden and yes a full tray of Naturediet as promised. Back in the car and off to collect his friends from their neutering, then over the Gatwick (N) then a walk and Gatwick (S).

One concern: Mackie has a lazy right eye which you can notice on one of the photos below. Not sure what his vision is like. I walked one dog past the van and he didn't seem to see us as we approached from his right side. He could hear us I was calling to him but wasn't directing himself towards the sound or visionary clues. But then suddenly focused in and I knew he was looking at me.

This picture gives you a hint of how thin Mackie is. He needs a foster place!
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: 10 Jun 2011 by anne

I walked Mackie today- what an absolute darling he is. He is a little unsure about things but he knew about putting a harness on and lifted his paw for me. Initiallly he was hesitant to come along with me but with encoragement he trusts you and will trot along happily beside you. He seems to be happiest when he finds a scent and starts following it with enthusiasm. We had a lovely walk, I hope this super little guy will have no problem finding a home.
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: 11 Jun 2011 by muppett

Walked the new boy on the block today and he is a joy to walk - does not pull and does his Staffie snuffling all along the way. His tail is so curly it just tucks itself around the lead nicely!! He is a lovely dog and will certainly be heading for him again soon to walk - does not pull and just gets on with it
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: 14 Jun 2011 by anne

Mackie is just adorable. He was keen to say hello to BillyBob and he did so nicely, so we let them walk along together and they were like two old chums, Mackie licking BillyBobs face every now and again.

Mackie is very dog friendly as he also walked along very nicely with Bubbles.

Just a sweet, easy boy with a lovely character and nature but I suspect he hasn't had the chance to show what he is capable of with a bit of training. I think he will shine!
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: 14 Jun 2011 by chinquest

Video: Bubble and Mackie
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: 14 Jun 2011 by xxlynne

He is already looking a 100% better, a way to go but on his road...
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: 16 Jun 2011 by chinquest

I popped into Mackie's kennel to give him a sneaky extra meal, what a very polite boy he is, ate delicately and each time I thought he'd had enough he asked politely for the bowl back and ate some more. Probably because of his lazy eye he looks at you in a most appealing way, gorgeous boy.

His collar had got rather tight :D so I loosened it a notch
Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: 17 Jun 2011 by mholland25

I met the adorable Mackie the other, he is very small and still looks like a puppy. I agree with Lynne and I don't think his eyesight is very good but he is such a sweetie.

Rescue Remedies_3

Posted: 17 Jun 2011 by anne

Mackie is such a cutie. He waits quietly in his kennel to be chosen and loves the attention when you go in to get his harness on. He prefers the company of other dogs and is more confident alongside Billybob or Bubbles but he enjoyed his walk. He will stop every so often to check all is OK and he looks very worried until you tell him all is well and encourage him to keep going. He is a little spooked by traffic.
Totally adorable!

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”