Poncho Cocker Spaniel x JRTerrier DofB 02.01.21 RRemedies Centre

Other breeds that are available for adoption
xxlynne

Poncho Cocker Spaniel x JRTerrier DofB 02.01.21 RRemedies Centre

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Available
poncho1DSCF2389a.jpg
Poncho's Story: Poncho has grown up as an single pet. He loves attention and company and needs a companion home who loves the terrier spirit. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Poncho is neutered, chipped, and fully vaccinated. Poncho came in to our Rescue Centre nr Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, the first step is to complete and submit our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. We do not discuss dogs without a homing questionnaire submission. You must be ready and we will only contact you if we have a suitable dog. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum Adoption Donation is £250 (£400 for pup under 1 yr old). This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers in particular. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
Poncho.jpeg
Poncho2.jpeg
poncho2DSCF2424a.jpg
poncho3DSCF2400a.jpg
ponco4DSCF2385a.jpg
Poncho's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal an evolving picture and positive skills as they build trust.

Original referral information: We have been asked to find Poncho a family who are happy with his terrier character. By means of an example:
He follows people around the house and is reactive to doors being closed. He has been since the day we got him. He is reactive to bathroom doors being closed, to strangers closing car doors outside.
Poncho came into RescueRemedies on the 10th Feb. 24
heleny

Re: Poncho Cocker Spaniel x JRTerrier DofB 02.01.21 RRemedies Centre

Post by heleny »

I took this little dog for a walk yesterday - really sweet - very loving and affectionate.
heleny

Post by heleny »

Poncho and I went for a walk through the muddy woods yesterday. He was easy to get out and loved having a sniff around. He is just so affectionate and wants to be with his human so putting him back was difficult for me as I would have liked to stay longer with him. A great little chap.
heleny

Post by heleny »

Poncho saw me through his pen door as I passed his block and his whole little body starting jiggling and his little tail wagging ten to the dozen. He had to wait a while before it was his turn to be walked and when I went to get him his excitement knew no bounds.
Yesterday he walked with two other terriers and was very happy to have company.
He loves to be outside sniffing and walking fairly fast.
Poncho needs someone to show him that he is worthy of lots of love and affection; that people won't desert him and that he can relax and be happy. He is a little dog who pulls at your heart strings - let's hope the right person comes along soon as Poncho needs his own loving human asap. Kiss of love.gif
heleny

Post by heleny »

You can hear Poncho before you see him - he is barking to let you know he is ready for his walk and he would like some attention and affection.
He and I have enjoyed two walks again this week. He loves to be out and about - sniffing,walking fast, having cuddles.
He appreciates high value treats and seems to get on with all people. There is really no need for an introduction to this little fella - if you walk him and give him treats he will love you.

Kiss of love.gif Kiss of love.gif
Sabrinamxx

Post by Sabrinamxx »

Poncho is such a little cutie, found out that he loves balls today so we played a bit in the paddock. He also liked to come onto my lap for scratches. He reacts to his neighbours but then we walked past another part of the kennels and he was fine, he also walked nicely with another dog the last time I walked him. He is reactive to traffic so we spent some time at the end of the lane working on this and he seems to pick it up quickly - will just need lots of practice!

IMG_5414.jpeg

IMG_5423.jpeg
Mon&Chris

Post by Mon&Chris »

Here's a cute pic of gorgeous Poncho - posted on behalf of walker Helen.
IMG-20240308-WA0000.jpg
heleny

Post by heleny »

Here's Poncho enjoying his walk in the woods this week.
He loves to get out for walks and gets very excited as he exits his pen.

He is a dear little chap - the emphasis being on the word 'little'. Walkers have told me that they thought he was bigger than he was from the photos.

He likes to walk quite fast but also has that little nose down and likes to sniff. Squirrels and other wildlife he finds fascinating- this week a fox crossed our path a bit in front of us.

He is hungry for human contact and affection and loves everybody. His manners will need some gentle training as he can get a bit barky and a bit insistent on having treats - nothing which can't be fixed through gentle persistence and patience.

He really does need his special person/s to come to meet him so he can start the next chapter of his life in a warm, comforting, secure home. The previous chapter hasn't been too good and he deserves more. Kiss of love.gif
Nicky Bassett

Post by Nicky Bassett »

Second walk with the lovely Poncho. He was very happy, bouncy and waggy tailed when I arrived. I managed to get his trailing lead and we were off (clipping the other leads on in the wooded area). He was perfectly behaved coming out of the kennel. The walk consisted of a wooded, walk, country lane and a walk beside very busy roads. He is a gorgeous little chap and pretty good with instructions such as ‘this way’, ‘sit’, ‘paw’. It was an eventful walk with a Dad and son on bikes cycling past in a very narrow spot, a horse, quite a few people and dogs and lots of traffic. He only barked once at a car driving pretty fast down a country lane with no footpaths. He was a little wary of a delivery van crashing doors but other than that he was just intent on sniffing and walking. Towards the end of the walk I sat down with him for a while, as he’s so cuddly and sweet and loves attention. love4.gif
oldlobster

Post by oldlobster »

Photo from Nicky B on Saturday
IMG_6578.jpeg

Return to “Our Outstanding Rescue Remedies Dogs”