Rolo Patterdale DOB 25.12.11 - September 2019

In loving memory of dogs that have passed
Pegmilly

Re: Rolo Patterdale DOB 25.12.11 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Pegmilly »

IMG_4382.JPG
Muddy nose, bless him. X
Muddy nose, bless him. X
Rolo was not at all deterred by the rain today - I'm not sure he even noticed it. Off we went to the paddock, Rolo leading the way. He's so smart - he knows if he drops his ball he'll get a treat - 100% success rate today!! We had a lovely relaxed walk afterwards then back through the woodland walk. His little face was a picture when he saw Buster and Frankie were now in the paddock. He stood still, just looking at them, looking back at me, looking at them. I'm pretty sure he expected me to remove them so he could get back in there!!! Love this boy. X
heleny

Post by heleny »

I agree - Rolo is the most lovable of terriers and so smart. He led me to the paddock to the box of tennis balls and picked one out for himself. He is the most endearing little dog - excellent company and easy to walk. He enjoyed being in today's sunshine and wasn't at all phased by the knee high mud! Surely his home should come along soon? :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Judy

Post by Judy »

I experienced the usual lovely greeting from Rolo this afternoon, he is always pleased to be going out after having chosen a ball to take with him. We walked through the woods and came to a narrow bridge over a ditch with water, Rolo as he crossed the bridge decided to drop his ball, for a while he very cleverly stopped it dropping in the water with his paws. After a while the inevitable happened, Rolo was determined not to leave the ball behind, he was very clever and worked out the easiest way to climb down into the water and retrieved his ball. This little boy has really come on a long way since he first arrived, his confidence has improved in leaps and bounds. love4.gif
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

Rolo out on his walk with Corrina this morning.
20180311_100046.jpg
Attachments
20180311_100038.jpg
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

Rolo in ball heaven!!!
Rolo in ball heaven!!!
I adore this little man!! We are firm friends now - he has no nerves around me, just a happy, cheeky mr personality at the end of the lead. He must have had his weetabix this morning as he only told off dogs 10 times his size. I say told off - it's more a 10 second bark just to let them know he's in town!! Rolo is a fun terrier, he loves to run with me, barking up at me as we go but he also has a softer side. Once he trusts you, he enjoys a fuss, especially a tickle behind his ears and having his back scratched. Love this cheeky chappie. Xx
Judy

Post by Judy »

Rolo really is a very endearing boy and as previously mentioned once he gets to know you he is confident and excited to be going out walking. I did feel mean yesterday whilst out as when we walked through the woods Rolo wanted to go to the paddock for a run around but as it had been raining heavily it was very wet and muddy so I persuaded him to have a walk through the woods instead. He was very good about this and soon carried on with his walk without a second thought. love4.gif
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

IMG_4544.JPG
IMG_4543.JPG
IMG_4539.JPG
Rolo is my pal - I get such a lovely welcome when he sees me. He's such a happy, cheerful boy - full of beans and such a character. As I was clipping his lead on today, he had his nose in my pocket, helping himself to the sausages in there....little pickle. We had our usual game of fetch then went to the poets hut for a cuddle. He licked my hands today which he's never done before......im sure it was because he likes me and nothing to do with the McDonald's breakfast I had enroute to kennels 0002.gif]
Judy

Post by Judy »

Another fantastic greeting from Rolo yesterday afternoon. As soon as we were outside the kennel block Rolo soon found a ball to carry around with him which was a fairly clean one but then he spotted one buried in the mud and so he insisted on picking that one up and carrying it with him for the rest of his walk. Rolo is a fun dog who would bring joy to anyone's life, I really do hope he does get lucky soon. love4.gif
heleny

Post by heleny »

Rolo and I went for a short walk yesterday before spending time in the paddock with tennis balls. This is his favourite place as Rolo likes nothing more than carrying balls around with him and chasing them - the more the better and the muddier the better! He was disappointed yesterday because the box with all the tennis balls was empty and so he had to run round the paddock collecting as many muddy balls as he could find. He would be a great dog to home - with his curly brown fur and appealing face and his lovely nature. He so needs his forever home to come along soon as Rolo must indeed be wondering why he has found himself back in kennel care. Everything crossed Rolo finds a new home soon. :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif: :crossfingers.gif:
Pegmilly

Post by Pegmilly »

141164AC-9DF2-48F0-A3F6-41FD78CC58BD.jpeg
682D9630-3AD4-42CB-8D62-432807F4283A.jpeg
Rolo was such a good boy today. The paddock was taken - Rolo was not impressed. He had a silent and peaceful protest but liver cake and sausages made this ‘tragedy’ much easier for him to bear. It turned out to be a blessing in disguise - we decided to go for a wander in the village. Rolo was absolutely perfect. One tiny, half hearted bark at a noisy van but other than that he passed all traffic, cyclists, joggers, with no reaction at all. Rolo knows where my treats are - if I put my hand in my pocket - he pays no attention to distractions - he then gets a well earned sausage. Rolo is a character, he jumps up at me, barks at me, all done with a waggy tail - and only ever playful intentions. I have a huge soft spot for this little man. Xx.

Return to “Dog Rainbow Bridge”