Keisha & Tilly Staffies DoB 08 09 Littleport Cambs

Dogs that have found their forever home
xxlynne

Keisha & Tilly Staffies DoB 08 09 Littleport Cambs

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Homed

Keisha & Tilly's Story : Keisha (Mum) and her daughter Tilly were removed from a property full of cats as part of a "neglect case". Keisha was suffering from severe mange and has since greatly recovered: Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving their lives. Both are spayed; chipped and vaccinated They were in foster together in South London

PLEASE NOTE: Dog laws have changed with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to maintain dogs on lead in public spaces, and manage and support encounters so as not to place dog's lives at risk, (Destruction or Control Orders are common place nowadays).

***PLEASE HELP OUR LONG STAY DOGS: Our min. adoption donation £175, which supports our work and Is non returnable. We will offer an alternative dog should our dog not settle given adequate time and reassurance. Rescue Remedies offers their dogs back up for life and exist on the goodwill of our supporters and volunteers.

Please click for Keisha & Tilly's thread for regular updates, new pictures and videos. To apply to home a dog, you must be ready within 7 days and complete a homing questionnaire submitted Online We work fast to secure our dogs their loving homes and can be talking to up to 10 families at any one time. Please remain open: We have the dogs we have. Our dogs need a supportive family to offer patience, time & tolerance to allow them to settle.

Keisha & Tilly's progress through our Rescue below
Original Referral information : We work with our dogs & often reveal a different picture & positive skills as they build trust. 1.11.17: Hi Lynne, Mine always seem to come at once, I am sorry.
KeishaTilly.jpg
Keisha Mum
Keisha Mum
Tilly devoted daughter
Tilly devoted daughter
Keisha skin as was
Keisha skin as was
We then have Tilly & Keisha. Tilly is the gorgeous white and brindle girl poking her tongue out, she is 9 years old. We then have her mother who is 11 years old and when she has hair I believe she will be Blue and white. These two girls really do idolize each other. They were removed by a council for neglect from their home. As you can see Keisha is in an appalling state. We have run lots of tests and they both had sarcoptic mange with secondary infections due to being left untreated. When Keisha came in (approx 10 days ago) she could not even lift her head as she was so painful. The council they are through, does actually care and they know that these amazing girls will be either separated or deemed not worth rehoming in most rescues so I am hoping you may help. I can’t bear the thought of them not getting a few years of love together in a home. I am happy to have them both back to our clinic for a free spay, but can’t do this at the moment due to their skin infections. They have had their first vaccines and are chipped. Their blood tests are both very good and all in normal ranges. I have 7 days to find these two girls a safe rescue.
They came from a home with multiple cats, they are both everything friendly it appears.

I can get them all transported to you.

Please let me know if you can help at all. Fingers crossed.

Thanks as always
Vx

Tilly & Keisha come 15th November
Hayleycakes

Re: Keisha & Tilly Staffies Dof 2006 2008 South London

Post by Hayleycakes »

Oh my word! [cry.gif] I wish I didn't work and could help more poor babies.. x
xxlynne

Post by xxlynne »

Hi Lynne

Disaster hit last night!! We think TC got scared because of the fireworks, was jumping around in her kennel and managed to get her claw in to Keishas eye, it was ruptured and we had to do emergency surgery last night to remove her eye, I literally cried, she has been through sooo sooo much. Life is so bloody unfair. She is recovering well today and we will remove the dressing Wednesday night. Can they still come Thursday?
Keisha2.jpg
Keisha45.jpg
Thanks

Vx

Yes indeedy we cant wait to help them....
Chapmania

Post by Chapmania »

Poor little mites smiley-sad010.gif smiley-sad010.gif :thanks.gif: so much for helping these poor little souls Lynne. Fireworks and irresponsible owners who let their pets get into such a dreadful condition have a lot to answer for. Lets hope that we can get these girls comfortable and feel loved and cherished. :welcome.gif: to the family, Keisha and Tilly love4.gif love4.gif xx
Elliesmum

Post by Elliesmum »

I can't find the words smiley-sad010.gif
Poor little dogs, I want to fast forward and see these two enveloped in love [cry.gif]
Teresa, passionate about our beloved dogs. Visit and like our Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3303557299925949/
https://www.facebook.com/rescueremediesdogrescue/
Jojokate

Post by Jojokate »

Oh my word . What have you two been through you poor souls . RR will come to your rescue .
Lots of TlC and support to get you where you should be
MandaTK

Post by MandaTK »

Oh goodness that's terrible I am in tears !! How can people be so so cruel poor darling not to have had treatment for mange is unforgiveable - and now to lose an eye as well (oh I hate fireworks!!). Well Keisha you and Tilly will know love in abundance and be happy now you are with RR. HUGS xxxxxxx
frankie

Post by frankie »

this is heart breaking had me in tears bless em lots of love coming there way x
staffylevi

Post by staffylevi »

Heart breaking but as a mummy to a dog with one eye it really doesn't affect them; the first sense is the nose... It affects us more. She will be absolutely fine! Bless her heart. love4.gif love4.gif
Doin' it for the staffies ...
johnfowle

Re: Keisha & Tilly Staffies Dof 2006 2008 New Romney Foster

Post by johnfowle »

Keisha and Tilly (Tc) have been here a week now. They are such happy dogs with tails that never stop wagging. They are really excited to go out into the garden every couple of hours and chase each other around and then come haring back to whoever is out with them for a cuddle and body rub. They will chase a ball, but not keen on returning it!! They walk wonderfully well on the lead and take a keen interest in the geese. They look in wonder at the horses and the swans on the river, but don't even want to communicate with other dogs!!

Their medication appears to be working extremely well...Keisha, who had such dreadful skin, always has a warm coat on when she walks, but her coat is coming back and the scabs she had come off each time she is bathed. Both she and Tilly enjoy their baths....they are being bathed at this very moment and already you can see a big improvement in her skin and her coat is soft as it returns.

They start their regular walks tomorrow, but already have been introduced to some of the fields round here and seen the various animals with virtually no reaction.

They love cuddles and jump up onto the settees, one on each side of you to lean in and waggle the whole of their bodies with excitement..

Lovely ladies, so gentle and affectionate.
Last edited by johnfowle on Sun 26 Nov 2017 16:31, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Dogs Rehomed”