Shadow Dutch Shepherd DofB 13.06.14 RRemedies Centre

Other breeds that are available for adoption
xxlynne

Shadow Dutch Shepherd DofB 13.06.14 RRemedies Centre

Post by xxlynne »

Current Status: Available
Shadow79.JPG
Shadow's Story: Shadow was found stray/abandoned within a London council pound. His microchip was registered in South Yorkshire, but he remained unclaimed. Rescue Remedies offered a Rescue place saving his life. Shadow is now neutered and fully vaccinated. Shadow is currently in boarding kennels near Gatwick whilst awaiting his new family.
• We believe Shadow was kept in a yard as a young dog as covered in tar on entry to Rescue
• Still learning to adapt to living amongst us and his programme in Rescue has been about him learning to gain control over his own emotionality
• Muzzle trained and adores his walks and paddock play sessions
• Single dog home with slow habituation horizons unless single person experience Shepherd person

If you are interested in rehoming one of our dogs, please complete our ONLINE HOMING QUESTIONNAIRE. It is always the first step in our rehoming process. Upon application, you must be ready to take in your new dog within seven days. For more detailed information, please see our Homing Process.

Please support our work and help our long stay dogs: Our minimum Adoption Donation is £250 (£400 for pup under 1 yr old). This supports our continuing rescue work and is non-refundable. We exist solely due to the goodwill and donations of our supporters and volunteers. Our dogs need supportive families who will offer them patience, time and tolerance whilst they settle in their new homes. Our Rescue offers all our dogs back-up for life.

Please note: Dog laws have changed, with zero public tolerance and prejudice against bull breeds and terriers. Our Rescue asks new owners to keep their dog on a lead in public spaces and manage and support its encounters with new dogs and people, so as not to place the dog's life at risk. Destruction and Control Orders are commonplace nowadays.
Shadow81.JPG
Shadow07.JPG
Shadow's progress through our Rescue is below.
We work with our dogs, who often reveal a different picture and positive skills as they build trust.
Original Referral information:
Sept 17: Male Dutch Shepherd (just been neutered), his name is Shadow DOB June 2014 Was given away to a rescue by 1st owner then rehomed to 2nd owner but they have not made the arrangements to collect him. He has now been here for nearly 3 weeks. Jxx
Shadow.jpg
Shadow02.jpg
Sarahk

Re: Shadow Dutch Shepherd DofB 06.14 Gatwick Kenns

Post by Sarahk »

Shadow is very stunning in the flesh love4.gif
DSC08788.JPG
DSC08779.JPG
He loved the freedom of the paddock and enjoyed some running with Jamie in the paddock next door, both arrived together and both seem very friendly boys thumbs.gif
DSC08778.JPG
DSC08786.JPG
DSC08781.JPG
Shadow enjoyed getting tangled in his lead so that we had to untangle him !!!
Shadow enjoyed getting tangled in his lead so that we had to untangle him !!!
Here's Shadow and Jamie as they first arrived out of Lynne'd dog mobile :D
DSC08774.JPG
it was lovely to watch Shadows play bows and dancing to entice Jamie to play thumbs.gif

And slightly later, still both enjoying each others company ...
DSC08807.JPG
Maybe they were having a chat ..."I reckon we're gonna be alright here budd" thumbs.gif You certainly are boys, only love from now on love4.gif

Lovely nature, can't believe Shadow will be with us long :crossfingers.gif:
Heart fill with love.gif]
We love walking the Kennels Dogs - would you like to join us?
Click here for our Dog Walking Questionnaire
RosC

Post by RosC »

What a greeting I received today. He was so pleased to be going out, a little over excited to start but in the nicest possible way, just bouncing around, and totally good natured throughout. We did the woodland walk. Shadow had a little bark at Ed when we saw him but as he came over it was obvious all Shadow wanted was to be friends thumbs.gif We then carried on to the usual walk through the woods and on to the common.
He is a fabulous young dog who just needs some time and training. I did have trouble getting back out to of the kennel though as Shadow is thinner than I am so I couldn't get back out without opening the door wide enough for him to escape which he did! Easily caught and Shadow was back inside thumbs.gif Poor thing isn't used to being in kennels so doesn't want to be left behind. He is a bit of a fruit loop at the moment but I am sure he will settle quickly and is the most friendly, lovely natured dog you could find. I am sure he will be snapped up very quickly. Totally gorgeous love4.gif
CoraMc

Post by CoraMc »

What a lovely boy Shadow is, as Ros says. He's in prime kennel location in the middle corner, where everyone passes. He had some spare leads clipped to his kennel and each time I passed by to collect one yesterday, Shadow would come up to me with his tail wagging and his face pressed forwards as if to say 'helloooooo'. Very charming boy, get your homing questionnaires in quick as I don't expect he'll be with us long.
RosC

Post by RosC »

Walked the fantastic Shadow again today. He is very excitable when you first leave the kennel but settles in a few moments. Very loving and thoroughly enjoys his walks. He does need training but will do an amazing 'sit' so I think he will be easily trained. He did get a bit excited when we passed a couple of dogs but although he barks, his tail is wagging and he just seems over excited, there is no malice in his shouting.
Shadow doesn't like to be left and tries to come with you when you leave the kennel, I do hope he is not in there for too much longer love4.gif
Steve A

Post by Steve A »

Shadow is a great lad. I understand he's an escape expert. The girls in the kennel will assist he loves them and at a wave of their hand he departs in the run then hatch down to allow you to enter he joins you for the lead/harness ceremony no problems just a little excitement. Walks well once he's over his initial excitement. On return to kennels reverse procedure to allow you to exit and ensure Shadow stays in the kennel. On return to the kennel he readily accepted treats but was too busy pre and during walk to bother. A really super dog. Steve
RosC

Post by RosC »

Shadow was very good today and we had a lovely walk. He was not so bouncy today for the first couple of minutes as he has been before so he has settled in to kennel life much better. Out on our walk, Shadow explored everywhere. We passed other walkers and cyclists and Shadow was very good and took no notice, what a good boy.
On our way back I went to my car to get a drink and Shadow leapt inside and sat in the driving seat. He didn't want to get back out - I think he wanted to be taken home!
He then said hello to another walker who had just arrived, Shadow is a really friendly boy.
IMG_1868.JPG
Froggie757

Post by Froggie757 »

I have a soft spot for Shepherds, the dog variety obviously, so Shadow was my first walk of the day. He is always so excited to see you with harness and leads and this morning he had to be a little patient as I managed to totally tie the harness in knots! The second attempt went much better and we were soon out and about in the early morning sun. He is a fab boy who I think would be great at scent work - his head is always down on the ground sniffing out the trails of the day. His coat is oh so soft and he loves a cuddle, come on forever home you are missing out!
IMG_0668.JPG
MrsP

Re: Shadow Dutch Shepherd DofB 06.14 Guildford Kenns

Post by MrsP »

Shadow is a complete loon around other dogs out on a walk and I felt quite bad I couldn't offer him another dog to play with, our friends at Vigil might help us out with that though thumbs.gif
He's stunning and affectionate, bit green around the gills so the busy walks at Guildford are very exciting for him, but he'll get used to it.

Bit of a blurry pic due to the horrible rain.
Shadow.jpg
MrsP

Re: Shadow Dutch Shepherd DofB 06.14 Guildford Kenns

Post by MrsP »

Shadow is a complete barking loon when he's excited to go out! I'm told it's a breed thing, so I just give him a shoulder rub whilst agreeing with him "Ok Shadow you tell them all about it lad". He then goes all silly and cuddly, quite the surprise for a someone who has always found Shepherds a bit stand offish. Simon has taught him "back" which you say before going into his kennel and then he walks backwards into his run giving you space to enter. You do then get a full on charge of lovin' once in but I'm a bullbreed girl so I'm more than happy with that thumbs.gif
I reckon Shadow would be an amazing working dog, today he sniffed out a discarded glove below a significant amount of undergrowth and debris! He's soooo bright! Oh and handsome, SUPER handsome!
Shadow1.jpg
Shadow2.jpg

Return to “Our Outstanding Rescue Remedies Dogs”